Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 333062 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #975 on: January 08, 2020, 08:30:27 pm »
BREAKING: Prince Harry and wife Meghan announce transition from senior royal roles: "We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen." pic.twitter.com/9S2bbi3Nlg— Toronto Sun (@TheTorontoSun) January 8, 2020

Financially independent?  So they're going to pay for their own security, housing, clothes, jewelry and travel??  THIS I'd like to see.   

Come on, Harry.  Man-up and relinquish your and your children's claim to the throne and go live the life Meghan's chosen for you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #976 on: January 08, 2020, 08:55:35 pm »
Financially independent?  So they're going to pay for their own security, housing, clothes, jewelry and travel??  THIS I'd like to see.   

Come on, Harry.  Man-up and relinquish your and your children's claim to the throne and go live the life Meghan's chosen for you.

Should be interesting.  Does this mean that Harry and Meghan will get jobs in the public sector?  I had heard that they were contemplating a move to Canada? If all else fails they can live with Doria.  Maybe Harry can be a stay at home Daddy while she gets back into her modeling career.  They have options.   happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #977 on: January 08, 2020, 08:59:31 pm »
Should be interesting.  Does this mean that Harry and Meghan will get jobs in the public sector?  I had heard that they were contemplating a move to Canada? If all else fails they can live with Doria.  Maybe Harry can be a stay at home Daddy while she gets back into her modeling career.  They have options.   happy77

I'm seeing that Chuck is wanting to downsize the royals.. That means if you in line, no more royal responsiblities.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #978 on: January 08, 2020, 08:59:58 pm »
How will Prince Harry and Meghan Markle live in Canada? Couple could lose £2m from Royal purse each year - but British taxpayers face picking up '£600,000 annual security bill'

By Martin Robinson, Chief Reporter for MailOnline and Ed Riley for MailOnline

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle could lose £2 million-a-year from the Royal purse after they announced they would be 'stepping back' from being senior members of the royal family.

Despite the couple having announced they would be splitting their time between North America and the UK, British tax payers could still be picking up a £600,000 annual security bill for the pair and their son baby Archie.

The couple recently returned from a six-week break in Canada over the festive period, where they spent their first Christmas together as a family at a £10.7million home in Vancouver Island.

Just last night it was revealed that the couple had started discussing their plans with senior royals — expected to include the Queen and Prince Charles, but the Palace told MailOnline that they would not comment on 'speculation.'

This evening the couple took to Instagram where they shared the announcement, along with a picture of the pair smiling.

They snubbed a royal Christmas at Sandringham just days after Prince Philip was taken to hospital, and instead spent time with Meghan's mother Doria Ragland at the luxury retreat. 

ITV News at Ten host Tom Bradby, close friends with the couple, told Good Morning Britain today that it was 'no big secret' that they have been considering what their future roles within the royal family will be.

The move - dismissed as 'speculation' by the Palace - comes after a tough year for the couple, with royal insiders saying they felt sidelined by the monarchy, as they launched attacks on the British press and faced criticism over their use of private jets.

They first sparked claims they could be about to step out of the spotlight when they revealed to Bradby in an ITV documentary that they are struggling with the intense media scrutiny they face on a daily basis.

But if they did move to Canada, how will it work? Will the British taxpayer continue to fund their lifestyle, who picks up the bill for security, and would they step back from their royal duties altogether?

Here MailOnline looks at the move abroad and what it means to Canada, the UK and the royal family itself.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7866007/Harry-Meghan-step-senior-royals-financially-independent.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #979 on: January 08, 2020, 09:01:46 pm »
Well I had her pegged from the beginning...just too bad she has alienated Harry and William..they were very close..

They didn't even notify QE2 of this decision according to the above article
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mountaineer

« Reply #980 on: January 08, 2020, 09:24:16 pm »
Prince Harry’s ‘dispute’ with brother Prince William confirmed by close friend
By Jessica Bennett
January 8, 2020 | 3:16pm

Shortly before news of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle stepping away from the royal family broke, Harry’s friend, journalist Tom Bradby, confirmed months-long rumors of a “dispute” between the Duke of Sussex and big brother Prince William. ...

Prince Harry, 35, briefly addressed a rift with his older brother, 37, in October, saying in the ITV documentary “Harry & Meghan: An African Journey”: “Part of this role and part of this job, this family, being under the pressure that it’s under, inevitably stuff happens. But look, we’re brothers, we’ll always be brothers. We’re certainly on different paths at the moment but I’ll always be there for him and as I know he’ll always be there for me.”

More at NY POST
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #981 on: January 08, 2020, 09:29:57 pm »
Prince Harry’s ‘dispute’ with brother Prince William confirmed by close friend
By Jessica Bennett
January 8, 2020 | 3:16pm

Shortly before news of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle stepping away from the royal family broke, Harry’s friend, journalist Tom Bradby, confirmed months-long rumors of a “dispute” between the Duke of Sussex and big brother Prince William. ...

Prince Harry, 35, briefly addressed a rift with his older brother, 37, in October, saying in the ITV documentary “Harry & Meghan: An African Journey”: “Part of this role and part of this job, this family, being under the pressure that it’s under, inevitably stuff happens. But look, we’re brothers, we’ll always be brothers. We’re certainly on different paths at the moment but I’ll always be there for him and as I know he’ll always be there for me.”

More at NY POST

I had heard that their was a rift between the brothers, however, never heard of a rift before Missy Markle stepped into the picture.  Chances are she doesn't get along with Kate and it has caused dissension in the Royal family.  All it takes is one ***ch to ruin a family that was once very close.  Just sayin' (speaking from experience here).

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #982 on: January 08, 2020, 09:43:14 pm »
Jonny Dymond
 @JonnyDymond

BREAKING. BBC Understands that no other member of the Royal Family was consulted before Harry and Meghan issued their personal statement tonight, the Palace is understood to be ‘disappointed’.

Their "personal statement":

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #983 on: January 08, 2020, 09:57:00 pm »
As much as Harry likes to play dress up, he'll have a grand time with Canada's party boy prime minister.

Maybe Harry is just celebrating his significant German heritage. 

Hell,  he can open a mini-monarchy in Canada, and resurrect his Saxe-Coburg themed lineage.  He sure lost his head over this Hollywood wench.  Boy has truly succumbed to the title  the duke of susSEX.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #984 on: January 08, 2020, 10:03:01 pm »
Well I had her pegged from the beginning ...

Yup.  We knew it wouldn't take her long to catapult herself beyond the royals ....

Daisy Wen @DaisyWhen

..AND THE OCEAN WILL BE MINEE 🐚 pic.twitter.com/Fdyj4KVyN5

12:08 PM - May 19, 2018

@mystery-ak

« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 10:05:09 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online libertybele

« Reply #985 on: January 08, 2020, 11:01:47 pm »
Well I had her pegged from the beginning...just too bad she has alienated Harry and William..they were very close..

They didn't even notify QE2 of this decision according to the above article

I think it's just a matter of time before Meghan is involved in some type of scandal and unfortunately Harry will have already distanced himself from the Royals.  Very, very sad.  She disrupts centuries of Royal traditions and close-knit family ties.

I think the Queen is probably devastated or perhaps she's glad Meghan won't be in the picture as much.  I wonder what Harry's mum must be thinking looking down on them?

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #986 on: January 08, 2020, 11:22:05 pm »
I think it's just a matter of time before Meghan is involved in some type of scandal and unfortunately Harry will have already distanced himself from the Royals.  Very, very sad.  She disrupts centuries of Royal traditions and close-knit family ties.

I think the Queen is probably devastated or perhaps she's glad Meghan won't be in the picture as much.  I wonder what Harry's mum must be thinking looking down on them?

Princess Diana once said of her two sons, she was worried the most about Harry. I miss Diana. I have her memorial postage stamps framed in my bedroom.

What a shame she never got t9 be a grandmother
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #987 on: January 09, 2020, 12:08:39 am »
I've read the prior posts here, so I'm not meaning to reiterate anything. "Hello!" magazine had some nice coverage:
Royal breaking news: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle step back from official duties
The Sussexes released a lengthy statement on Instagram

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have announced their decision to step back from royal duties. In a lengthy statement posted to Instagram, Harry and Meghan, who have just returned from their six-week break in Canada, revealed they plan to become financially independent and will split their time between the UK and North America. The couple wrote: "After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution.

"We intend to step back as 'senior' members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen. It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment."

More: https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2020010882878/meghan-markle-prince-harry-step-down-royal-family/?utm_source=(direct)&utm_medium=(none)&utm_campaign=notificaciones

I thought these was fairly positive and the photos too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #988 on: January 09, 2020, 03:49:52 am »

@libertybele

She didn't seem to be capable of  having an actual thought while she was alive,so why would she be thinking now?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #989 on: January 09, 2020, 04:12:58 am »
What a pair of spineless grifters.  If they really wanted to be independent, then they should give up all their allowances and start working for a living.  Instead, that weaselly statement says:

"We intend to..work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen.... It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment....  Until then, please accept our deepest thanks for your continued support.

In other words, they want to continue living off the national teat until they can figure out some other way to get money for which they don't have to actually work.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 04:14:30 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #990 on: January 09, 2020, 06:07:39 am »
What a pair of spineless grifters.  If they really wanted to be independent, then they should give up all their allowances and start working for a living.  Instead, that weaselly statement says:

In other words, they want to continue living off the national teat until they can figure out some other way to get money for which they don't have to actually work.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Don't let anybody kid you. Yeah,they get paid for their performances,which is only right because it IS work,and it DOES bring in tourist dollars as well as give the country a point to rally around,but the Royal Family is insanely rich. Right now the Queen controls it and how much everybody gets,but soon it will be Charles with the keys to their bank. There is zero danger of any of them going hungry or needing an actual job.

Besides,she really is a talented actress,and now that she is Royalty too,she will get getting mega salary's for any role she takes. Think "Princess Grace Kelly",but continuing to star in movies. Once she has a firm lock on that,she will be telling Harry to hit the road,and he will then be back with his family. She now has a Royal son,so there is no danger of them ever cutting off her cash flow from England. I don't know the law,but I am GUESSING one of the prime reasons she wanted to move to North America is that when the day does come when she tells Harry to leave,she gets to keep the kid and the wealth that comes with him.

And she is going to make a LOT of money once she gets back into show biz.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #991 on: January 09, 2020, 06:10:12 am »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Don't let anybody kid you. Yeah,they get paid for their performances,which is only right because it IS work,and it DOES bring in tourist dollars as well as give the country a point to rally around,but the Royal Family is insanely rich. Right now the Queen controls it and how much everybody gets,but soon it will be Charles with the keys to their bank. There is zero danger of any of them going hungry or needing an actual job.

Besides,she really is a talented actress,and now that she is Royalty too,she will get getting mega salary's for any role she takes. Think "Princess Grace Kelly",but continuing to star in movies. Once she has a firm lock on that,she will be telling Harry to hit the road,and he will then be back with his family. She now has a Royal son,so there is no danger of them ever cutting off her cash flow from England. I don't know the law,but I am GUESSING one of the prime reasons she wanted to move to North America is that when the day does come when she tells Harry to leave,she gets to keep the kid and the wealth that comes with him.

And she is going to make a LOT of money once she gets back into show biz.

She's prepping him for a reality TV show.  Bank on it.  With a (former) Prince as a star?  They'll break contract records for payment.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #992 on: January 09, 2020, 09:51:27 am »
She's prepping him for a reality TV show.  Bank on it.  With a (former) Prince as a star?  They'll break contract records for payment.

@catfish1957

I seriously doubt it. Reality shows are for attention whores that have no talent. She is actually a talented actress,and she is going to collect mega salaries for any role she accepts. She is also smart,and understands she needs to pick and choose her roles,and is now in a position where she can do that. Too much too often,and she kills the Golden Goose.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #993 on: January 09, 2020, 12:53:10 pm »
The Daily Mail has a whole lot on this whole thing. Pardon me for Piers' resorting to some blue language here ...

Why the Queen must FIRE Their Royal Hustlers: Deluded Meghan and Harry should be stripped of their titles before this pair of grasping, selfish, scheming Kardashian-wannabes bring down the Monarchy, says PIERS MORGAN

By Piers Morgan for MailOnline

Published: 04:52 EST, 9 January 2020 | Updated: 06:23 EST, 9 January 2020

Who the (snipped) do they think they are?

Seriously?

I've seen some disgraceful royal antics in my time, but for pure arrogance, entitlement, greed, and wilful disrespect, nothing has ever quite matched the behaviour of the 'Duke and Duchess of Sussex.'

The Queen, Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince George pose on December 18 in a photograph to mark the start of the new decade in the Throne Room of Buckingham Palace

Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson at Château de Candé in France at their wedding in June 1937

Read more at: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7868371/PIERS-MORGAN-Queen-FIRE-Royal-Hustlers.html

Looks like another keeper of an article....this is getting interesting. Some Brits, of course, don't care for the Royals but most that I've come across seem to respect them still, as an institution.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #994 on: January 09, 2020, 01:25:05 pm »
@catfish1957

I seriously doubt it. Reality shows are for attention whores that have no talent. She is actually a talented actress,and she is going to collect mega salaries for any role she accepts. She is also smart,and understands she needs to pick and choose her roles,and is now in a position where she can do that. Too much too often,and she kills the Golden Goose.

@sneakypete

I see your point, but to perpetuate the lifestyle of a Royal (and a so called Charitable Organization)  is going to take a lot more than a decent movie role a year.  I can see the couple getting unprecedented reality show money for a Kardashian kind of Garbage boob tube show. 

That is unless the happy couples learns to live within the means of normal rabble.   And that seems doubtful. A quick check of the finances from the interwebs says she is worth $5M, him $40M. (mostly in trusts).  They'll burn through that in 3-5 years.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #995 on: January 09, 2020, 02:25:57 pm »
Maybe Harry is just celebrating his significant German heritage. 

Hell,  he can open a mini-monarchy in Canada, and resurrect his Saxe-Coburg themed lineage.  He sure lost his head over this Hollywood wench.  Boy has truly succumbed to the title  the duke of susSEX.

I don't think he is legimate son of Chuck and Diana.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #996 on: January 09, 2020, 02:42:15 pm »

Sure -- then let them cut those deals now, and quit living off the national sponge when they're not engaging in the type of official appearances, etc., that justifies the continued existence of the royal family.  You want out?  Great, you're out.

So start paying for your own crap now.

Of course, that won't happen.  There's no way they'll be cut off completely by the royal family, and they'll retain enough income to continue being moralizing jet-setters looking down on the rest of us.  But...not my money anyway.  Just that of the Brit taxpayers.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 04:09:38 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #997 on: January 09, 2020, 03:19:06 pm »
Kate's birthday is overshadowed by royal crisis as it emerges Prince Harry 'DEFIED' Queen's orders not to announce he and Meghan Markle will quit and left Prince Charles and Prince William 'incandescent with rage' by giving them just 10 minutes' notice

Royal family gathered at Kensington Palace to celebrate the Duchess of Cambridge's 38th birthday today
    But celebrations were marred by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's bombshell announcement overnight
    Prince Charles and Prince William were among the senior royals set to meet today to discuss the fallout
    Both heirs were said to be 'incandescent with rage' at learning of plans 10 minutes before announcement
    Royal sources today claimed Prince Harry had ignored crystal-clear orders from the Queen on the subject
    She made explicit request to her grandson that he first discuss his plans in detail with the Prince of Wales
    But he defied order, going ahead with the announcement and 'pressing the nuclear button' on royal career

It also emerged last night that:

Harry and Meghan want to be 'financially independent' and plan to earn their own income, which they say they are currently prevented from doing;
    They will give up their right to money from the sovereign grant, but could still take money from Prince Charles;
    They will also keep their police protection – funded by the taxpayer – and have offered to carry out a vastly reduced number of royal duties in Britain and elsewhere in the Commonwealth.
    They will retain their home at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor as a UK base;

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7868843/Prince-Harry-DEFIED-Queen-ignoring-monarchs-instructions-not-announce-plans.html
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 03:21:35 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #998 on: January 09, 2020, 03:23:59 pm »
So much for being financially INDEPENDENT! UK taxpayers will still pay Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's '£600,000 security and £130,000 travel costs' while they will get £2.3m-a-year from Prince Charles' Duchy

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry said they are 'stepping back' from their duties
    They also claim to be losing access to Sovereign Grant shared by the Queen
    But if they continue royal duties their travel is covered from £83million pot
    They also receive £2m-plus from Prince Charles, who now faces a big decision
    Couple and their son Archie require 24/7 police bodyguards costing £600k
    Refurbishment on Frogmore Cottage cost £2.4m - but work is still not finished

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7868391/Just-financially-independent-Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markle-REALLY-be.html
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #999 on: January 09, 2020, 03:40:20 pm »

I don't think he is legimate son of Chuck and Diana.

I think many of us share your opinion.  Maybe his first episode of his reality TV show could start with a cheek swab.   :cool: