Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 332810 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #200 on: May 19, 2018, 07:41:20 pm »

(The Jaq's electric...)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #201 on: May 19, 2018, 07:41:37 pm »
Ah they ruined that beautiful car 8888crybaby
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #202 on: May 19, 2018, 07:42:32 pm »

They travelled in a silver blue open-top Jaguar E-Type Concept Zero, which was originally manufactured in 1968 and now runs on electricity on her way to the English country house which stands in the home park of Windsor Castle and is part of the Crown Estate. It is only open to individuals on three days of the year.

lot of good photos here
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5748651/Meghan-Harry-head-Frogmore-House-reception-royal-wedding.html

Sweet Jaguar. It is good to be almost king.

« Reply #203 on: May 19, 2018, 07:42:59 pm »
No balcony photos

Nope ... different castle.  And he may not have the stature.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 07:55:46 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline ABX

« Reply #204 on: May 19, 2018, 07:43:57 pm »

If I remember the Top Gear episode on those correctly, they aren't taking old E-Types and converting them, instead, they are using the same factory metal stamps and making brand new all-electric E-Types. It is more like a resurrection.

« Reply #205 on: May 19, 2018, 07:44:47 pm »

Sweet Jaguar. It is good to be almost king.

Actually, for Harry it's good to *know* the almost king. ^-^

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #206 on: May 19, 2018, 07:46:01 pm »
Whoever posted up thread that they thought the dress was ill fitting on top I now agree..just looked at more close-up photos...could have been taken in a little more

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline ABX

« Reply #207 on: May 19, 2018, 07:46:16 pm »
Yep, they are brand-new classics. Built on original presses with original blueprints in the original tradition, but all electric.

https://www.jaguar.com/about-jaguar/jaguar-classic/authentic-cars/conceptzero.html

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #208 on: May 19, 2018, 07:47:26 pm »

Electric Jag?  That's like putting training wheels on a Harley.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #209 on: May 19, 2018, 07:47:47 pm »
Whoever posted up thread that they thought the dress was ill fitting on top I now agree..just looked at more close-up photos...could have been taken in a little more 

She's got the same problem with the reception gown.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #210 on: May 19, 2018, 07:48:09 pm »

It's not a real one. It is a shitty facsimile. That is why the nose and headlights look wrong....

Offline ABX

« Reply #211 on: May 19, 2018, 07:51:52 pm »

If it uses the same engine as the iPace, then it will be a monster along the lines of Tesla's specs. Especially when considering how much smaller and lighter it probably is.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #212 on: May 19, 2018, 07:54:52 pm »
If it uses the same engine as the iPace, then it will be a monster along the lines of Tesla's specs. Especially when considering how much smaller and lighter it probably is.

Tesla specs?   Does that mean you need to wear a fire suit with it? :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Oceander

« Reply #213 on: May 19, 2018, 07:58:13 pm »

Depends on what kind of electrics.  Electric cars can be absolute monsters if done well.  Electric dragsters were banned from regular drag races and had to start their own sport because none of the gassers could compete with the electrics. 

Oceander

« Reply #214 on: May 19, 2018, 07:59:09 pm »
It's not a real one. It is a shitty facsimile. That is why the nose and headlights look wrong....

It’s probsbly a lot better than the original in terms of fit and finish. 

Offline ABX

« Reply #215 on: May 19, 2018, 08:00:47 pm »
Depends on what kind of electrics.  Electric cars can be absolute monsters if done well.  Electric dragsters were banned from regular drag races and had to start their own sport because none of the gassers could compete with the electrics.

Yep, we've moved a long way from this ->

Oceander

« Reply #216 on: May 19, 2018, 08:03:13 pm »
Yep, we've moved a long way from this ->

There was a 1972 Datsun 1200 nicknamed the white zombie that someone electrified, which would basically beat the pants off of most gassers in a drag race. Google it. 

Offline ABX

« Reply #217 on: May 19, 2018, 08:07:31 pm »
There was a 1972 Datsun 1200 nicknamed the white zombie that someone electrified, which would basically beat the pants off of most gassers in a drag race. Google it.

I remember that little beast. He still runs occasionally. I heard he wrecked it recently.

..appended.. I checked Plasmaboy's website and there isn't anything about an accident so I may have been confusing him with someone else.
http://www.plasmaboyracing.com/

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 08:12:30 pm by AbaraXas »

Oceander

« Reply #218 on: May 19, 2018, 08:16:08 pm »
I remember that little beast. He still runs occasionally. I heard he wrecked it recently.

..appended.. I checked Plasmaboy's website and there isn't anything about an accident so I may have been confusing him with someone else.
http://www.plasmaboyracing.com/

I just watched a couple of YouTube clips with that car; it’s a mean little beastie. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #219 on: May 19, 2018, 08:18:26 pm »

Now for the pièce de résistance! Harry and Meghan's completed wedding cake is seen for the first time - featuring 200 lemons and syrup made at the Queen's Sandringham estate

Baker Claire Ptak has added the finishing touches to the royal wedding cake
    It contains 200 Amalfi lemons, 500 eggs and 10 bottles of elderflower cordial
    Decorated with three different types of peonies - a favourite of the bride
    Kensington Palace tweeted that it featured a 'specially formulated sponge'
    It will be served at the couple's Windsor Castle wedding reception today 

By Kerry Mcdermott For Mailonline

Published: 10:16 EDT, 19 May 2018 | Updated: 12:45 EDT, 19 May 2018

This is the completed royal wedding cake the new Duke and Duchess of Sussex's guests will be tucking into at their Windsor Castle reception.

Kensington Palace tweeted a snap of the non-traditional - and spectacularly pretty - bake, created by Californian Claire Ptak and made using 200 Amalfi lemons, 500 eggs, and 10 bottles of elderflower cordial made at the Queen's Sandringham estate in Norfolk.   

In keeping with the bride and groom's modern approach to their big day, the cake, decorated with three different types of peonies - a favourite flower of Meghan's - is not a traditional tiered creation, but features layers of different sizes displayed on individual gold plinths of varying heights.   

The Palace said in a tweet that the 'light sponge' had been 'uniquely formulated' for the royal couple. 

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-5748059/Royal-wedding-cake-revealed.html
Support the USO

« Reply #220 on: May 19, 2018, 08:26:19 pm »

In keeping with the bride and groom's modern approach to their big day ...

They jumped the "modern" shark with this ....   **nononono*

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #221 on: May 19, 2018, 08:41:56 pm »

Now for the pièce de résistance! Harry and Meghan's completed wedding cake is seen for the first time - featuring 200 lemons and syrup made at the Queen's Sandringham estate

Baker Claire Ptak has added the finishing touches to the royal wedding cake
    It contains 200 Amalfi lemons, 500 eggs and 10 bottles of elderflower cordial
    Decorated with three different types of peonies - a favourite of the bride
    Kensington Palace tweeted that it featured a 'specially formulated sponge'
    It will be served at the couple's Windsor Castle wedding reception today 

By Kerry Mcdermott For Mailonline

Published: 10:16 EDT, 19 May 2018 | Updated: 12:45 EDT, 19 May 2018

This is the completed royal wedding cake the new Duke and Duchess of Sussex's guests will be tucking into at their Windsor Castle reception.

Kensington Palace tweeted a snap of the non-traditional - and spectacularly pretty - bake, created by Californian Claire Ptak and made using 200 Amalfi lemons, 500 eggs, and 10 bottles of elderflower cordial made at the Queen's Sandringham estate in Norfolk.   

In keeping with the bride and groom's modern approach to their big day, the cake, decorated with three different types of peonies - a favourite flower of Meghan's - is not a traditional tiered creation, but features layers of different sizes displayed on individual gold plinths of varying heights.   

The Palace said in a tweet that the 'light sponge' had been 'uniquely formulated' for the royal couple. 

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-5748059/Royal-wedding-cake-revealed.html

500 eggs? Where's the rest of the cake?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #222 on: May 19, 2018, 09:16:59 pm »
They jumped the "modern" shark with this ....   **nononono*

A sponge cake for a wedding cake?  Yuk. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #223 on: May 19, 2018, 09:19:08 pm »

888high58888

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #224 on: May 19, 2018, 09:21:17 pm »
In all candor ( ^-^) I prefer the red jacket...

I have to agree with you, I prefer the red jacket as well...and what's the metal object protruding from the shoes?