Author Topic: CNN's Jim Acosta: I dare Trump to let me interview him  (Read 794 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN's Jim Acosta: I dare Trump to let me interview him
« on: May 17, 2018, 12:21:03 pm »
CNN's Jim Acosta: I dare Trump to let me interview him
by Naomi Lim
 | May 17, 2018 01:14 AM

CNN's chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta challenged President Trump to grant him an one-on-one interview.

"I dare him to sit down with me," Acosta said during an interview Wednesday on ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" when pressed by the host.

Despite his confrontational manner in the briefing room, Acosta told Kimmel he has professional relationships with former White House press secretary Sean Spicer and his successor Sarah Sanders.

But he said they weren't bowling buddies after hours — a similar dynamic he shared with communications staffers serving the Obama administration.

more
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=post;board=7.0

:scared smiley:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

Re: CNN's Jim Acosta: I dare Trump to let me interview him
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 12:26:42 pm »
That would be a magnificent train wreck.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 12:33:59 pm »
LOL. Of course this crying basket case would love to have a President sit down with him just so people would know he is alive.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 12:37:46 pm »
What interview?  It would just be an endless cacophony of Acosta nattering and Trump interjecting with 'excuse me.'
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 01:18:48 pm »
Acosta sounds like a desperate ex-girlfriend that just can't let go of the fact he's not wanted or needed.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 01:27:48 pm »
Acosta sounds like a desperate ex-girlfriend that just can't let go of the fact he's not wanted or needed.

Ditto!

888high58888
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 01:29:23 pm »
Jim's a legend in his own mind. I'm surprised he has threatened to "go back to cutting myself".
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 01:31:31 pm »

He sure does.   88devil

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 03:10:36 pm »
Got myself a journalism sheepskin from Cal State, Chico in 1978. I’ve still got my text books, most tattered, authored in the 40’s and 50’s. It was a different journalism back then.

In one of my assigned books, The Complete Reporter, copyright 1942, reprinted 1965 it describes a journalist: 

“A journalist is a writer who’s stock in trade consists of current events. As contrasted with other types of writers who may employ imagination in their quest for reader appeal, the reporter must deal with facts. He records and sometimes interprets what has happened or will happen, and under certain circumstances he is permitted to give his own opinions on the events he reports. Hence, the two things basic to the journalist’s work are facts and writing, and his two distinctive functions are gathering information and composing stories which present this information accurately and interestingly.”

Now let’s go to the videotape in a typical Jim Accosted report from the WH:

Notice his similarities to journalism, the angry tone, the leading questions, the demands for apologies to unsubstantiated rumors, the “do you deny” questions and, of course, always the desperate attempt to force a sensational headline.

The tape don’t lie. Jim Acosta, Roving Dick.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 03:14:23 pm »
Got myself a journalism sheepskin from Cal State, Chico in 1978. I’ve still got my text books, most tattered, authored in the 40’s and 50’s. It was a different journalism back then.

In one of my assigned books, The Complete Reporter, copyright 1942, reprinted 1965 it describes a journalist: 

“A journalist is a writer who’s stock in trade consists of current events. As contrasted with other types of writers who may employ imagination in their quest for reader appeal, the reporter must deal with facts. He records and sometimes interprets what has happened or will happen, and under certain circumstances he is permitted to give his own opinions on the events he reports. Hence, the two things basic to the journalist’s work are facts and writing, and his two distinctive functions are gathering information and composing stories which present this information accurately and interestingly.”

Now let’s go to the videotape in a typical Jim Accosted report from the WH:

Notice his similarities to journalism, the angry tone, the leading questions, the demands for apologies to unsubstantiated rumors, the “do you deny” questions and, of course, always the desperate attempt to force a sensational headline.

The tape don’t lie. Jim Acosta, Roving Dick.

We need more reporters and less journalists IMO.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!