Author Topic: Whistleblower: Bannon wanted to suppress black vote  (Read 530 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Whistleblower: Bannon wanted to suppress black vote
« on: May 17, 2018, 12:16:34 pm »
Whistleblower: Bannon wanted to suppress black vote
By John Bowden - 05/17/18 07:54 AM EDT

Cambridge Analytica whistleblower Christopher Wylie told Congress on Wednesday that the firm used by President Trump's campaign in 2016 engaged in "voter disengagement" tactics targeting black Americans.

In an interview with CNN after his testimony, Wylie said that Bannon, who held a position on the firm's board before joining the Trump campaign, directed the firm to research suppressing the vote among black Americans.

Other liberal demographic groups were also targeted, Wylie said.

"Mr. Bannon sees cultural warfare as the means to create enduring change in American politics. It was for this reason Mr. Bannon engaged SCL (Cambridge Analytica's parent company), a foreign military contractor, to build an arsenal of informational weapons he could deploy on the American population," Wylie said Wednesday.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/technology/388098-whistleblower-bannon-wanted-to-suppress-black-vote
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Whistleblower: Bannon wanted to suppress black vote
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 12:22:33 pm »
Well yeah, he wanted the republican to win so...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 12:30:34 pm »
LOL. This silly fruit Wylie is full of shit as usual. Trump is the first GOP'er to actually try and court the black vote.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/08/20/politics/donald-trump-african-american-voters-virginia-voting-rights/index.html

"I like to lie about stuff to make myself look important and I like to hang out in bath houses."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 02:13:25 pm »
How was this voter suppression supposed to work?  Did they send cars with speakers on top into black neighborhoods that said "don't vote"?   Or maybe subliminal messages in commercials that only black people could hear?  And, I notice that the "journalist" doesn't ask these questions or maintain any skepticism at all.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 02:16:23 pm »
How was this voter suppression supposed to work?  Did they send cars with speakers on top into black neighborhoods that said "don't vote"?   Or maybe subliminal messages in commercials that only black people could hear?  And, I notice that the "journalist" doesn't ask these questions or maintain any skepticism at all.

Didn't you read the article? Bannon 'deployed his arsenal of information weapons' and blazed away.

I naively thought political consultants typically look for ways to get more votes for their clients than the other guy gets.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 02:18:26 pm by skeeter »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 02:18:06 pm »

I believe that's what the research was supposed to find out.  It's probably a trade secret now and if you want to know you'll either have to infiltrate or do your own research.   ^-^

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 02:25:24 pm »
You're both correct.  And, whatever it was he did, we know it was dastardly and nefarious.