Author Topic: Jeff Flake: Republicans May Veto Trump's Haspel Nomination for CIA Director Because of Torture Progr  (Read 1596 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Republicans May Veto Trump's Haspel Nomination for CIA Director Because of Torture Program

Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., said Wednesday that he will not vote to confirm President Donald Trump's pick to lead the CIA.

Flake is the third Republican Senator after Sens. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Rand Paul, R-Ky., to say they will vote against the confirmation of Gina Haspel due to her role in the CIA's now illegal torture program.

<snipped>

Although three Republicans have said they plan to vote against Haspel's confirmation, at least five Democrats have said they will vote in favor of Trump's pick to lead the spy agency.

Read more at: https://www.albawaba.com/news/republicans-may-veto-trumps-haspel-nomination-cia-director-because-torture-program-1133128

5 Democratic Senators will vote for her confirmation.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
Flake only believes in torturing innocent dogs, ans then covering it up in the court system.  All to save his son from being sued.  The audacity of Flake is beyond me.

McCain will not be voting because of his injured brain, unless he received the "cure," which is entirely possible.

Rand Paul, well, Rand Paul.

*****rollingeyes*****
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Frank Cannon

Best part about Flake is that after he is gone from the Senate no one will give one thought about him ever again.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Flake is the third Republican Senator after Sens. John McCain, R-Ariz.,

It doesn't matter what the hell McCain says .... he can't vote.

Offline skeeter

The left has been allowed to take this 'torture' meme way too far.

If the question were put to most Americans that throwing a washcloth over a POS's face and pouring water on it would get him to divulge information that would save innocent lives from terrorists' bombs & bullets most Americans would say hell yeah.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
It doesn't matter what the hell McCain says .... he can't vote.

We do not know that about McCain.  He is a cagey sort.  He may have gone to Lourde's and taken the cure.  He has been ill with his brain in more ways than one since I can remember.

**nononono*
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The left has been allowed to take this 'torture' meme way too far.

If the question were put to most Americans that throwing a washcloth over a POS's face and pouring water on it would get him to divulge information that would save innocent lives from terrorists' bombs & bullets most Americans would say hell yeah.

:amen: 

Every special operator in the US Military has been subjected to far worse as a part of their training.  This entire meme is total BS!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien