Author Topic: Dem Senate Candidate: ‘What Was the Point’ of American Revolution If We Don’t Have Single-Payer Heal  (Read 745 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

http://freebeacon.com/politics/dem-senate-candidate-point-american-revolution-single-payer-health-care/

Democratic Senate candidate Richard Painter sent out a tweet on Wednesday asking what the point of the Revolutionary War with Britain was since the United States now has a president "guilty of treason" and doesn't have a single-payer health care system.

"What was the point of the Revolution if subjects of the British Crown get single payer health care and university education at a fraction of what it costs us and we are stuck with a President guilty of treason, bribery and other crimes, and a Congress unwilling to get rid of him?" Painter tweeted.

Offline Frank Cannon

This is a George W Bush administration guy. Isn't he wonderful? W was such an awesome President.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Mr. Painter really ought to move to Great Britain where he can enjoy their wonderful, Progressive national health care system, and perhaps discover that there's a shorter line there for the upcoming royal wedding than for open-heart surgery.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Frank Cannon

Mr. Painter really ought to move to Great Britain where he can enjoy their wonderful, Progressive national health care system, and perhaps discover that there's a shorter line there for the upcoming royal wedding than for open-heart surgery.

This is the type of loud mouth Marxist the crazy Rats are excited to run. Franken wasn't this openly idiotic.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
This is a George W Bush administration guy. Isn't he wonderful? W was such an awesome President.

I know it's fun, @Frank Cannon but don't blame everything on Bush.  This guy is a demoncrat.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I have a friend who sold everything in Irving to move to Great Britain.  She was a war bride and still had nostalgia for the 'homeland.'  But she was convinced the healthcare would be wonderful.

She moved back in a year, a poorer but wiser woman.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
"What was the point of the Revolution if subjects of the British Crown get single payer health care and university education at a fraction of what it costs us"

Do you know WHY it's cheaper douchemonkey? Because they...wait for it...RATION care. Beyond a paper cut, you wait and wait and wait for a doctor's treatment, or they DENY you completely and let you suffer and die. They won't even let you go out of country to get care, as Alfie Evans' parents found out.

I think it was Canada that had to allow for private insurance just so people could actually get the care they needed.

Idiot.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Q: If Obamacare is repealed & there's no mandate for everybody to have insurance, why would insurance companies insure somebody who has a pre-existing condition?

TRUMP: Well, I like the mandate. I don't want people dying on the streets. The Republican people, they don't want people dying on the streets, but sometimes they'll say "Donald Trump wants single payer."

Q: Will people with pre-existing conditions be able to get insurance?

TRUMP: Yes. Now, the new plan is good. It's going to be inexpensive. It's going to be much better for the people at the bottom, people that don't have any money. We're going to take care of them through maybe concepts of Medicare. Now, some people would say, "that's not a very Republican thing to say." That's not single payer, by the way. That's called heart. We gotta take care of people that can't take care of themselves.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Archive/2016_CNN_GOP_Town_Hall_Donald_Trump.htm

Nice to know he was for the mandate before he was against it.  How Kerry-esque.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Oceander

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
LOL... Britain doesn't have single-payer.

They have an NHS, which is a government-funded hospital system, but they also have a private system, too. That's not single payer. Single payer is allowing one entity, usually the government, to monopolize the insurance system so that only that entity can buy health care. Canada's provinces are single-payer entities.

So, you want or need to have a procedure done, but the "single payer" won't cover it? That means you can't get it!

THAT's single payer. Believe me, nobody truly wants it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Yep, W liked to reach across the aisle.  In this case, he selected a liberal who told W he was a Republican.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Frank Cannon

Q: If Obamacare is repealed & there's no mandate for everybody to have insurance, why would insurance companies insure somebody who has a pre-existing condition?

TRUMP: Well, I like the mandate. I don't want people dying on the streets. The Republican people, they don't want people dying on the streets, but sometimes they'll say "Donald Trump wants single payer."

Q: Will people with pre-existing conditions be able to get insurance?

TRUMP: Yes. Now, the new plan is good. It's going to be inexpensive. It's going to be much better for the people at the bottom, people that don't have any money. We're going to take care of them through maybe concepts of Medicare. Now, some people would say, "that's not a very Republican thing to say." That's not single payer, by the way. That's called heart. We gotta take care of people that can't take care of themselves.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Archive/2016_CNN_GOP_Town_Hall_Donald_Trump.htm

Nice to know he was for the mandate before he was against it.  How Kerry-esque.

Last I saw when the rubber met the road Donny tried like hell for the Obamacare repeal just like he promised. It was your fellow travelers in the GOP rank and file who failed to get it done.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
This clown's a terrific validation of Sec Ed Betsy DeVos favoring School Choice.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Last I saw when the rubber met the road Donny tried like hell for the Obamacare repeal just like he promised. It was your fellow travelers in the GOP rank and file who failed to get it done.

Last I saw, he was bragging about a repeal of the mandate he previously loved a year before.  Who can keep up with the ever-changing positions of this fraud?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.