Author Topic: Parkland school cop Scot Peterson gets $8,702 a month in pension  (Read 1129 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stephen HobbsContact ReporterSouth Florida Sun Sentinel

Scot Peterson, the sheriff’s deputy vilified for failing to confront the Parkland school shooter, has begun receiving a state pension of $8,702.35 a month.

Peterson resigned and retired Feb. 22, a week after the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, where he waited outside as Nikolas Cruz killed 17 people and wounded 17 others.

Peterson began to receive his pension in April, according to the Florida Department of Management Services. He can receive the payments for the rest of his life.

The 55-year-old Peterson, a Broward deputy for 32 years, was paid $101,879.03 last year — $75,673.72 in base salary plus overtime and other compensation, according to sheriff’s office records. Until the shooting, he was considered a trusted school resource officer at Stoneman Douglas, according to annual reviews of his performance.

more
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-florida-school-shooting-scot-peterson-pension-20180515-story.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Parkland school cop Scot Peterson gets $8,702 a month in pension
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 01:37:30 am »
The 55-year-old Peterson, a Broward deputy for 32 years, was paid $101,879.03 last year — $75,673.72 in base salary plus overtime and other compensation, according to sheriff’s office records.

I’ll bet he claimed OT on the day of the shooting.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 01:39:57 am »
 :3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 02:20:23 am »
the whole county appears to be corrupt and incompetent.

If I had a kid in that school murdered and the cop hired to protect him/her hid and did not assist my kid, I think I would do something about a it, and it would be neither pleasant, temporary or non-consequential.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 02:24:39 am »
the whole county appears to be corrupt and incompetent.

If I had a kid in that school murdered and the cop hired to protect him/her hid and did not assist my kid, I think I would do something about a it, and it would be neither pleasant, temporary or non-consequential.

If that POS lived anywhere in our neighborhood his life wouldn't be worth a plugged nickel.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 02:56:37 am »
So I guess all that time and money I spent getting an undergraduate degree, and an MBA, were all just a waste of time.  All those investments and IRAs, were a waste of time. My time in the military is nothing.

All I had to do was to was to become a fat, lazy, coward cop, and I am set for life. $100,000 income a year for life, is likely better than I will ever do, regardless of all my education, investments, and work.

However, it is likely that at least some of that is going to go to legal issues he has yet to settle. We shall see.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:58:09 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 03:33:55 am »
I wonder if everyone named Scott Peterson is a bleep up to some degree or another.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 03:56:40 am »
I wonder if everyone named Scott Peterson is a bleep up to some degree or another.

I was just thinking the same thing. The other two Scott Petersons murdered their wives.  I once met a guy who had been named Joel Steinberg, and had to legally change both his name and Hebrew name because people that he was that SOB child killer.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 04:01:41 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 04:07:09 am »
So I guess all that time and money I spent getting an undergraduate degree, and an MBA, were all just a waste of time.  All those investments and IRAs, were a waste of time. My time in the military is nothing.

All I had to do was to was to become a fat, lazy, coward cop, and I am set for life. $100,000 income a year for life, is likely better than I will ever do, regardless of all my education, investments, and work.

However, it is likely that at least some of that is going to go to legal issues he has yet to settle. We shall see.

Education is never wasted. Neither are those investments. If you want to be a little lazy, find a movie or TV show, get some popcorn or Doritos or something snacks, and enjoy for an hour.

You are a good man @240B
Don't let the turkeys get you down.

Offline DB

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 04:14:57 am »

Somebody has to pay for all those benefits...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 04:34:08 am »
Education is never wasted. Neither are those investments. If you want to be a little lazy, find a movie or TV show, get some popcorn or Doritos or something snacks, and enjoy for an hour.

You are a good man @240B
Don't let the turkeys get you down.
@Freya

Thank you for that. Nah, I'm not really down. While 100k is fairly extreme in terms of a life-long pension, I've seen friends who wound up with significant pensions and it ruined their lives.

The worst case I have ever seen was a guy getting about $4000 a month for life tax-free. All of his relatives wound up "borrowing" money from him which they were never going to pay back. He had several women from his past claiming paternity so they could get child support. He had tons of debt because he bought everything he saw at a whim, just because. But worst of all, he started smoking crack. Haven't seen the guy in a year or so, but I would not be surprise to find that he is dead from overdose, or in jail.

Giving money like that to the wrong people and they frequently wind up killing themselves with it. That is my experience anyway. No. I'm not worried about it. No matter how much money and 'stuff' we gather in life, we all wind up in the same place anyway. Envy/greed, to me, is a waste of time. I am completely happy right where I am. Not rich enough to be anyone's target, but not poor to the point that I want for anything. I'm right in the middle. And life is good.

But thank you for your kind words. I have respect for you as well.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 04:42:24 am »
That's why I never want to win the lottery,

At least not more than a couple hundred dollars.

More than that, I'd give it all to charity and take a nice vacation. But two, three hundred, dinner and maybe a designer outfit, something selfish I'd never buy.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 05:04:48 am »
This type of spending on retired govt' employees is outrageous. Real people with real jobs don't retire like this, but this professional eff up with a third grade education has lease money for a Rolls.

Offline DB

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 07:57:37 am »
This type of spending on retired govt' employees is outrageous. Real people with real jobs don't retire like this, but this professional eff up with a third grade education has lease money for a Rolls.

And they get to do it in their early to mid fifties!

We work to serve our public employees. They live better than the people who are stuck paying for it all are.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2018, 06:28:47 pm »

$100k for a pension in the public service sector is a piker.

Look at this guy who makes over $200k in a small city in California.  https://www.dailybreeze.com/2017/08/09/torrance-city-pensions-rank-in-states-top-10-for-retirees-earning-more-than-100000-a-year/

The city will soon be bankrupt as pensions will swallow 25% of its operating budget in a short time.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 11:09:18 am »

It's easy to have that opinion. Looking back on my forty years in the workforce, there are several jobs that I had that held value, such as my eight years in the Army, and five years at the FDIC. I had a few jobs in the private sector, mostly working in accounting roles, either as a contractor or at CPA firms. Also worked at DCAA for three years, a complete waste of time at one of the worst run agencies in the federal government.

That's where my complaints end. Thanks to some good fortune, and hard work, I've had some amazing experiences that many of my peers could only dream about. Those other jobs helped put food on the table for my family.

We aren't wealthy, though we'll be comfortable. And I'm REALLY looking forward to being an empty nester in a few years.   :rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline verga

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 11:27:44 am »
First off yes this particular cop is a POS, no argument there at all.
Second I could have made a heck of a lot more money in the private sector than I do right now. and I will receive a nice pension, not nearly as good as this guy is getting, but I will be fairly comfortable.
Third and this is most most important, nothing is stopping anyone from taking the police or fireman exams and getting a position with one of those departments.
These guys and girls are doing jobs that most people wouldn't do. Who here is anxious to strap on a gun and drive around all day looking for trouble. Who wants to work on nights, weekends, and holidays away from your family. Who wants to run INTO a burning building to save someone else's, mother, father, kids etc.....
I will now be putting on my fire resistant underwear. 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.