Author Topic: North Korea threatens to withdraw from summit with Trump  (Read 4975 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: North Korea threatens to withdraw from summit with Trump
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2018, 04:36:06 pm »
@Sanguine
Yeah, and you defend the indefensible, one can not make their argument stand up and now resorts to totally off topic talk, personalizes the conversation. "Blinders", "Thick Skin", what does this have to do with the conversation except to accuse others of not knowing and using a lazy argument. I set out my facts and each of these articles do. It's almost ludicrous to argue the opposite point of view. Who bombed Libya? Nato, the US, France. And we are just talking about jihadists? And if you do not submit to my point of view, I'm going to accuse you of having a thick skin and blinders on and having lived in Libya as if that proves a point of view?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 04:36:41 pm by TomSea »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2018, 04:46:33 pm »
@Sanguine
Yeah, and you defend the indefensible, one can not make their argument stand up and now resorts to totally off topic talk, personalizes the conversation. "Blinders", "Thick Skin", what does this have to do with the conversation except to accuse others of not knowing and using a lazy argument. I set out my facts and each of these articles do. It's almost ludicrous to argue the opposite point of view. Who bombed Libya? Nato, the US, France. And we are just talking about jihadists? And if you do not submit to my point of view, I'm going to accuse you of having a thick skin and blinders on and having lived in Libya as if that proves a point of view?

Yes, I was going to suggest we not go off topic.  You did bring the blinders and thick skin into the conversation, and other than being insulting, I'm not sure how that was on topic.

I'm not sure what point you are making in the above, so I won't comment.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2018, 04:47:04 pm »
Ladies!  Gentlemen!  Please, "No fighting in the war room!"   :cool:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2018, 05:24:40 pm »
Bolton mentioned the "Libya model" might be how NK goes, North Korea got upset about it. Why would they get upset about it to the point of talking about cancelling this summit is telling in itself.

Saying things such as Libya was peaceful afterwards in 2009 or whenever it was, seems to have a limited bearing to the direct reason, NK got upset at all.  It almost appears ludicrous to discuss this.

I'm going to drop this part of the conversation; there are plenty of articles about this. One can't even be certain what is the point of debate from the opposite end.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2018, 05:52:29 pm »
I hope you don't mind if there are others on the thread who would not like to drop part of the conversation....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2018, 06:08:19 pm »
I say it is a personal attack.

You mean like saying  everyone who is not a Trump supporter is the same as alqaeda or ISIS?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2018, 07:04:59 pm »
I wonder why what Bolton said would make North Korea upset in the first place?

That's all that needs to be asked, that's the question.

Libya started disarming back in 2003.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disarmament_of_Libya

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2018, 07:09:48 pm »
I wonder why what Bolton said would make North Korea upset in the first place?

That's all that needs to be asked, that's the question.

Libya started disarming back in 2003.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disarmament_of_Libya

I don't find Bolton mentioned in that article.  What was it he supposedly said?

Silver Pines

« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2018, 11:28:01 pm »
Bolton has always been quick on the draw with his words, being a hawk type.  That was fine when he was not connected with government, but now he cannot go off on his own with talk like this.  He needs to coordinate with others involved in foreign policy.

@Victoria33

I agree.