Author Topic: GOP golden boy mails it in  (Read 484 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP golden boy mails it in
« on: May 15, 2018, 03:07:39 pm »

Republicans worry that Josh Hawley, the party’s top Senate recruit, is squandering his opportunity to beat vulnerable Missouri Sen. Claire McCaskill.

By ALEX ISENSTADT

05/15/2018 05:01 AM EDT

Updated 05/15/2018 08:59 AM EDT

FENTON, Mo. — As GOP Rep. Ann Wagner prepared to introduce candidates in a Republican Senate debate here Friday, she took a pointed jab at one contender who didn’t make it — front-runner Josh Hawley.

“I try not to tell candidates how to run their races. I don’t know where some of the other candidates are,” she told POLITICO before taking the stage in a high school auditorium, referring specifically to Hawley. “Perhaps they have conflicts. But you gotta show up to win. And I’m going to tell that to the crowd tonight.”

Moments later, Wagner followed through, declaring to the raucous applause of Republican voters on hand that “showing up matters.”

The scene encapsulated widespread concerns about Hawley. Star-struck Senate Republican leaders anointed the 38-year-old, Stanford- and Yale- educated state attorney general as their top recruit of 2018 — a squeaky-clean figure they saw as the future of the party and an ideal opponent to take on the endangered Democratic incumbent, Sen. Claire McCaskill.

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/15/hawley-mccaskill-missouri-senate-585892
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: GOP golden boy mails it in
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 06:16:34 pm »

Republicans worry that Josh Hawley, the party’s top Senate recruit, is squandering his opportunity to beat vulnerable Missouri Sen. Claire McCaskill.

By ALEX ISENSTADT

05/15/2018 05:01 AM EDT

Updated 05/15/2018 08:59 AM EDT

FENTON, Mo. — As GOP Rep. Ann Wagner prepared to introduce candidates in a Republican Senate debate here Friday, she took a pointed jab at one contender who didn’t make it — front-runner Josh Hawley.

“I try not to tell candidates how to run their races. I don’t know where some of the other candidates are,” she told POLITICO before taking the stage in a high school auditorium, referring specifically to Hawley. “Perhaps they have conflicts. But you gotta show up to win. And I’m going to tell that to the crowd tonight.”

Moments later, Wagner followed through, declaring to the raucous applause of Republican voters on hand that “showing up matters.”

The scene encapsulated widespread concerns about Hawley. Star-struck Senate Republican leaders anointed the 38-year-old, Stanford- and Yale- educated state attorney general as their top recruit of 2018 — a squeaky-clean figure they saw as the future of the party and an ideal opponent to take on the endangered Democratic incumbent, Sen. Claire McCaskill.

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/15/hawley-mccaskill-missouri-senate-585892

Not very happy with Ann Wagner here.  She seems to have a personal pique that Hawley missed her event.  If he is the great hope, he needs supporters among the Republicans, not whiners.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 06:34:19 pm »
Hawley is a toad. He is getting drug into the Gov's mess because he doesn't know how to handle himself under pressure and he is the Red State candidate Du Jour. Add in missing a serious GOP event in the state, it doesn't give me a lot of faith in this dude.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 06:58:08 pm »
Hawley is a toad. He is getting drug into the Gov's mess because he doesn't know how to handle himself under pressure and he is the Red State candidate Du Jour. Add in missing a serious GOP event in the state, it doesn't give me a lot of faith in this dude.

If he were better looking ...
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.