Author Topic: Starbucks chairman announces free bathrooms and table space for the homeless  (Read 940 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 11, 2018
Starbucks chairman announces free bathrooms and table space for the homeless
By Monica Showalter

The ever well meaning Starbucks chairman, Howie Schultz, more terrified of bad publicity and claims of racism than anything in the world, has just announced a rather customer-unfriendly policy of opening Starbucks bathrooms (as well as table space) to all comers, including people who won't spring for a $4 cup of coffee.  Speaking to the Atlantic Council, according to the Washington Post, Schultz said:

"We don't want to become a public bathroom, but we're going to make the right decision a hundred percent of the time and give people the key," Schultz said, "because we don't want anyone at Starbucks to feel as if we are not giving access to you to the bathroom because you are less than."

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/05/starbucks_announces_free_bathrooms_and_table_space_for_the_homeless.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

So NYC-itis will now spread everywhere.  And probably get even worse in NYC.  In any number of NYC Starbucks one does not use the lavatory without first getting all your shots updated and bringing a scouring brush and a gallon of bleach with you. 

Of course, in some places they’ve solved the problem by simply not having a public restroom in the store at all. 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 01:48:39 pm by Oceander »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This is the third thread like this that I know of. Who knows? There may be more. LOL
I'm going to post another one, just for fun.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
May 11, 2018
Starbucks chairman announces free bathrooms and table space for the homeless
By Monica Showalter

The ever well meaning Starbucks chairman, Howie Schultz, more terrified of bad publicity and claims of racism than anything in the world, has just announced a rather customer-unfriendly policy of opening Starbucks bathrooms (as well as table space) to all comers, including people who won't spring for a $4 cup of coffee.  Speaking to the Atlantic Council, according to the Washington Post, Schultz said:

"We don't want to become a public bathroom, but we're going to make the right decision a hundred percent of the time and give people the key," Schultz said, "because we don't want anyone at Starbucks to feel as if we are not giving access to you to the bathroom because you are less than."

Well,that kills Starbucks for the chil-runs of the elite in places like NYC.

Truth to tell,it may just kill Starbucks because you can bet your ass there will be no where for paying customers to sit in the ones in the big cities.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Of course, in some places they’ve solved the problem by simply not having a public restroom in the store at all.
That is the goal I believe.

Target spent $20mm announcing new family restrooms in its stores.  My daughter in law tried to use one only to find it locked.  A Target employee said the reason it was reserved for Target employees.  In other words, not to the public at all.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sumpin' tells me this isn't going to work out as planned...  ;)

How long until the new "policy" is quietly dropped...?

Offline goodwithagun

Bye Felicia!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online Slide Rule

Sumpin' tells me this isn't going to work out as planned...  ;)

How long until the new "policy" is quietly dropped...?

It will work swell for the homeless because they now have a home.
Simply bring your cardboard box and/or sleeping bag and/or grocery
cart and you are set. Complete with wake up coffee and maybe a

bagel, muffin or sweet roll of your choice.

I can see it now as part of their advertising promotion. Homeless no
more. Move in at Starbucks.

:)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 03:04:10 am by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline verga

Just to be clear, they are giving precedence to nonpaying customers to potentially mess the facilities up and then have to pay an employee to spend extra time leaning up these rooms because the paying customers will not want to use them in a trashed condition. That is a great business model. Let me know how that works out for you.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Just to be clear, they are giving precedence to nonpaying customers to potentially mess the facilities up and then have to pay an employee to spend extra time leaning up these rooms because the paying customers will not want to use them in a trashed condition. That is a great business model. Let me know how that works out for you.

@verga

That's what I thought too,but then again,*I* also thought "WHO is so freaking retarded they will pay 5 bucks for a cup of coffee in a cardboard cup?". Obviously the answer was "millions of people",so WTF do **I know about it?

The trendy "ah feel yore pain" Starbucks yuppies just might get off on having to "suffer" so the homeless can benefit. Some people just ain't happy unless they are guilty and looking for something to ease their guilt.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DB

So NYC-itis will now spread everywhere.  And probably get even worse in NYC.  In any number of NYC Starbucks one does not use the lavatory without first getting all your shots updated and bringing a scouring brush and a gallon of bleach with you. 

The small town Carl's Juniors in our area had to change the bathroom doors so they take tokens provided by the register people in order to open the door to keep homeless/traveling people from shooting up in the bathroom. They left big messes of drug paraphernalia including used needles that nobody wanted to deal with.

The Starbucks chairman is an idiot devoid of reality.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The small town Carl's Juniors in our area had to change the bathroom doors so they take tokens provided by the register people in order to open the door to keep homeless/traveling people from shooting up in the bathroom. They left big messes of drug paraphernalia including used needles that nobody wanted to deal with.

The Starbucks chairman is an idiot devoid of reality.
This is the idealistic reality in the Seattle area where he lives.

What he is devoid of are the attitudes of customers of most other places in the US which do not believe this progressive crap.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline montanajoe

I remember when most anyplace had a john whether you were a customer or not, of course back then any business serving the public had someone cleaning the john"s at least every hour. Because this is publicized would expect media bs, but as a guy who has had made the decision its always been in my best interest to provide johns to every one.