Author Topic: John Kelly: Illegal immigrants don't have skills, can't 'integrate' well into modern US society  (Read 1827 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

John Kelly: Illegal immigrants don't have skills, can't 'integrate' well into modern US society
Washington Examiner, May 11, 2018, Katelyn Caralle

White House chief of staff John Kelly said in an interview set to air Saturday that the majority of people who enter the U.S. illegally do not “assimilate” easily into modern American society.

“The vast majority of the people that move illegally into the United States are not bad people … but they’re also not people that would easily assimilate into the United States into our modern society,” Kelly told NPR.

Kelly also indicated that the people he is referring to don’t integrate well because they are generally rural people, they don’t speak English, and they don’t have skills.

“They’re coming here for a reason. And I sympathize with that reason,” Kelly said. “But the laws are the laws.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/john-kelly-illegal-immigrants-dont-have-skills-cant-integrate-well-into-modern-us-society

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Be prepared for the incoming, General.

Offline Applewood

I think we all knew this.  About time someone in the hierarchy finally admitted it. 

Liberal heads exploding in 3...2...1...

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Cutting the grass is a skill
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Cutting the grass is a skill

Absolutely.  My 11 year old nephew does it quite well.

Offline darroll

Most around here will not learn English. If you want to communicate, learn Spanish.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Hunker down. Don't get out of your foxhole.

Stating this painfully obvious fact will get blown into a major indictment of a whole bucket load of nasty '-isms'.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Have to post this once more:

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."

- George Orwell

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This Administration started getting more things done, and stepping on its crank less, when John Kelly was made Chief of Staff.

He's a very, very good man, as anyone who served with him would attest.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 06:23:28 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline skeeter

I think we all knew this.  About time someone in the hierarchy finally admitted it. 

The naked truth typically has that effect on them.

Offline GrouchoTex

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."

- George Orwell

:amen:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

We can't allow this to continue to happen.  These people are all undereducated taking low paying jobs and sucking off the American tax payer.   Build the wall.

Why downplay costs of illegal immigration if California is so sure of the benefits?

By Ben Shapiro

Special to The Sacramento Bee

March 21, 2018 05:15 AM 

Updated March 23, 2018 06:11 AM

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/california-forum/article206132139.html#storylink=cpy

California allows illegal immigration.  Oregon and Washington are migration for those entering in California.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 05:39:37 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

More talk about illegal immigration. (yawn)
It is hilarious how this is proclaimed the "truth," after 16 months and 10 million lies from this administration.
The boy who cried wall.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
....don't have skills, can't 'integrate' well into modern US society .....

Considering Hipsters and Millennials, wouldn't this be a contradiction?

Offline Applewood

I was right.  The lefties are having a meltdown over Kelly's remarks. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/john-kelly-illegal-immigration-comments-not-racist/

Obvious facts, you might think. But then, if you’re reading this, you’re probably not a leftist – because to leftists, it was like swearing in church. ThinkProgress called it a “racist rant,” Splinter called it a “racist rant,” a New York Daily News columnist called it a “racist rant” and, for variety, Rolling Stone called the remarks “racist comments,” Karen Tumulty called it “know-nothingism,” and the Plum Line decried Kelly’s “terrible immigration lies.” There are plenty more, but you get the idea.

8888crybaby   :silly:

Offline skeeter

More talk about illegal immigration. (yawn)
It is hilarious how this is proclaimed the "truth," after 16 months and 10 million lies from this administration.
The boy who cried wall.

What a strange reaction.

It is the truth, regardless of what DC & Trump has or hasn't done.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

- George Orwell

Excellent quote.
Principles matter. Words matter.

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/995695213699006465

John Kelly's great-grandfather, John DeMarco, is listed in census records as a day laborer who still did not speak English 18 years after coming to America. His wife still had a “No” in the “Speaks English” category 37 years after her arrival.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-kelly-forgotten-history-lessons

Offline Slide Rule

My father in law came from Mexico. He spoke English but
quite slow. Concepts he expressed were basic.

I thought he was slow. He had been translating words
since his childhood. You have to think in the language
to master it.

Toledo has a large segment of Mexicans. By this he was
able to get along without immersing himself in language.

I play pool, mostly bar leagues. I played on a Latinos
team for a few years. Team members all spoke English
fairly well.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
He's not wrong in what he said.  The ones sneaking illegally into the U.S. from all points south aren't exactly IT experts looking for better paying jobs in the Silicon Valley.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Applewood

John Kelly's great-grandfather, John DeMarco, is listed in census records as a day laborer who still did not speak English 18 years after coming to America. His wife still had a “No” in the “Speaks English” category 37 years after her arrival.

A lot of the old-timers never mastered the English language.  My maternal grandfather didn't really speak much English.  Grandma, on the other hand, spoke English fluently.  Grandpap worked every day in a factory -- you would think being among English speakers all day 6 days a week, he would have learned the language, but he didn't.  Bu then again, according to my mother, he was not a good student back in the old country.  In fact, he had failed a grade and my younger grandmother caught up with him.  That's how they met. 

Grandma was a stay at home wife and mother.  But she learned English from listening to the radio, watching tv and reading the paper (with help from her children who were learning English in school). 

Important thing is that these immigrants came to the US legally, they worked hard and for the most part they contributed to this country -- they didn't take away from it.  The  only time my grandparents took assistance was during the Great Depression and as soon as they got back on their feet, the welfare stopped.  These were good people.  The illegals coming in now -- I think they mostly want to live off the taxpayers.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
A lot of the old-timers never mastered the English language.  My maternal grandfather didn't really speak much English.  Grandma, on the other hand, spoke English fluently.  Grandpap worked every day in a factory -- you would think being among English speakers all day 6 days a week, he would have learned the language, but he didn't.  Bu then again, according to my mother, he was not a good student back in the old country.  In fact, he had failed a grade and my younger grandmother caught up with him.  That's how they met. 

Grandma was a stay at home wife and mother.  But she learned English from listening to the radio, watching tv and reading the paper (with help from her children who were learning English in school). 

Important thing is that these immigrants came to the US legally, they worked hard and for the most part they contributed to this country -- they didn't take away from it.  The  only time my grandparents took assistance was during the Great Depression and as soon as they got back on their feet, the welfare stopped.  These were good people.  The illegals coming in now -- I think they mostly want to live off the taxpayers.

The jobs just aren't here for unskilled, non-English speakers any more.  In your grandad's day, you could earn a living by working hard.  Not so much now.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Did he come here illegally, as do the people to whom Kelly referred directly?

Also, this is not 100 years ago, where the majority of jobs were labor intensive, and education was much less important.

Keep moving those goal posts obliviously.  It's why I enjoy arguing with border patriots.