Author Topic: Beware the smart device: Alexa and Siri can hear this hidden command – You can’t  (Read 8940 times)

BassWrangler

So you think a cell phone is the same thing as a microphone connected to the Internet?

A cell phone has a microphone. Most cell phones are connected to the internet. QED.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Something which has bugged me for years about Alexa and Google Home, etc. How so many Star Trek episodes had the line, "If only we knew what happened!"

Many people today refer to Alexa and Google Home as living in Star Trek World. But if you are living with home video/audio or public video/audio surveillance then you are living beyond Star Trek. I agree, and would expect that every single thing you do, every place you go, everything you say, would be recorded and stored in the Star Trek universe. But, I guess not. Furthermore, judging from the number of times a shuttle-craft gets 'stolen' by someone, they don't seem to have adequate basic security in the future.

They don't monitor public spaces, or bars, or engineering, or the launch bay, like we do today. Today almost every public establishment has cameras recording everything. Not so in the future. It makes me think that the writers in the era these series were written, 1966 up to 2005, could never imagine such a thing ever happening. And yet, here it is.

What does Kirk mean with, 'I want to know who started it!' Just review the CCTV footage, like any cop would do, and you can see exactly what happened. What is the big deal? But apparently, they do not have that technology yet in the 23rd century.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rsZfcz3h1s
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 10:00:22 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

BassWrangler

"Alexa, remind me to feed the baby."
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 01:29:17 pm by BassWrangler »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Alexa, remind me to feed the baby."

Had a baby once, and I can tell you the struggle is real.... :laugh:

(How ya been @BassWrangler?  Haven't seen you much recently...)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

BassWrangler

Had a baby once, and I can tell you the struggle is real.... :laugh:

(How ya been @BassWrangler?  Haven't seen you much recently...)

@Cyber Liberty

Thanks for asking. I am good. Been busy with work, and tinkering with a 3D printer in the of hours.

How are things with you?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Thanks for asking. I am good. Been busy with work, and tinkering with a 3D printer in the of hours.

How are things with you?

Not too badly.  This Win10 has been irritating me since the last update.  Can't get the Bluetooth to my phone to stay connected (apparently a "feature") and I can't get Location Service to work, which is a PITA because I have an app that requires it to work (Fox Sports Go, which lets me watch Baseball when I'm off the cable).

Life's been good, though.  😊
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: