Author Topic: Mel Reynolds given 6 months in prison, says he's 'done with America'  (Read 2532 times)

Offline Applewood

Mel Reynolds given 6 months in prison, says he's 'done with America'

Former U.S. Rep. Mel Reynolds is headed back to prison for a third time in his ill-fated career after a federal judge sentenced him Thursday to six months behind bars for failing to file tax returns.

The sentence handed down by U.S. District Judge Robert Gettleman marked the end of a nearly three-year legal saga that has seen the former congressman jailed for violating bond, accused by prosecutors of launching a smear campaign on social media and reprimanded by two judges for failing to abide by the court’s rules.

Speaking to reporters after the hearing, however, Reynolds said he was “done with America” and planned to move back to South Africa with his daughter as soon as he completed his sentence. He sounded a familiar refrain in claiming that the case against him was motivated at least in part by a racist judicial system.

Excerpt.  Read more at:

www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-mel-reynolds-tax-evasion-sentencing-20180509-story.html

Offline Applewood

This is Reynolds' third conviction.  But of  course, it's the justice system's fault. 

Anyone wanna bet he doesn't move to SA when his sentence is up?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
LOL...I saw this article earlier and it was on my list to post...it is soooo funny.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. Yeah. We'll miss you Mel.

BTW this dumb ass represented himself in court.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
"Speaking to reporters after the hearing, however, Reynolds said he was “done with America” and planned to move back to South Africa with his daughter as soon as he completed his sentence. He sounded a familiar refrain in claiming that the case against him was motivated at least in part by a racist judicial system."

He's going to South Africa because the American Justice system is 'Racist'?

With this going on in SA?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/south-africa-white-farms-land-seizure-anc-race-relations-a8234461.html

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline thackney

"Speaking to reporters after the hearing, however, Reynolds said he was “done with America” and planned to move back to South Africa with his daughter as soon as he completed his sentence. He sounded a familiar refrain in claiming that the case against him was motivated at least in part by a racist judicial system."

He's going to South Africa because the American Justice system is 'Racist'?

With this going on in SA?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/south-africa-white-farms-land-seizure-anc-race-relations-a8234461.html

They won't seize his property.  He isn't white.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Applewood

They won't seize his property.  He isn't white.

Maybe this is why he wants to go to SA.  He wants to get in on the "reparations" scheme over there.

Offline Night Hides Not

Any competent CPA or EA could have saved him from going to jail on the nonfilings of taxes.

I helped out a guy who hadn't filed for TEN years. He called me on the 30th day of his "30 day letter" from the IRS. I faxed a POA to the IRS agent, we had it all worked out in about 3 months.

Reynolds is just an egotistical dumb azz that thought the laws didn't apply to him.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Mel, old chap, you may be "done with America," but America isn't done with you yet.  See you in a few months.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Maybe this is why he wants to go to SA.  He wants to get in on the "reparations" scheme over there.

My point exactly.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Oceander

Any competent CPA or EA could have saved him from going to jail on the nonfilings of taxes.

I helped out a guy who hadn't filed for TEN years. He called me on the 30th day of his "30 day letter" from the IRS. I faxed a POA to the IRS agent, we had it all worked out in about 3 months.

Reynolds is just an egotistical dumb azz that thought the laws didn't apply to him.

:thumbsup:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Hopefully he is going to have to pay everything he owes in back taxes plus his sentence.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online DB

Obviously he thinks he's owed special privileges due to his skin color... There seems to be a lot of that going around lately...

Offline mountaineer

Why would he believe any other country would take him?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

Hopefully he is going to have to pay everything he owes in back taxes plus his sentence.

I'm sure there is a judgment for the taxes plus penalties and interest.  Collecting on it might be another matter, especially if Reynolds flees the country.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 08:39:23 pm by Applewood »

Offline Applewood

Obviously he thinks he's owed special privileges due to his skin color... There seems to be a lot of that going around lately...

The judge in handing down the sentence mentioned that Reynolds squandered every opportunity he had and he was correct.  Instead of using the prestige of his office to teach the community to stay in school, learn something and work hard to get ahead, Reynolds chose to lead by example -- commit crimes, take the easy way out and when caught, blame racist whitey and the racist justice system.  He is the kind of leader that sadly, so many blacks look up to.  They don't want the likes of Ben Carson or Allen West.  And then they wonder why they get nowhere and when they commit crimes, they can end up dead by a policeman's gun. 

I blame Obama for a lot of this attitude.  Obama told his people they were special, they were privileged , they could take whatever they want from whitey and they didn't have to walk the straight and narrow to get out of poverty.  The "gubmint" -- i.e., whitey -- will give them everything on demand because whitey owes them.  Hey -- it worked for Obama.  His people are just following his example.

Offline dfwgator

He should have listened to Steve Martin:

You.. can be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes! You can be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes! You say.. "Steve.. how can I be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes?" First.. get a million dollars. Now.. you say, "Steve.. what do I say to the tax man when he comes to my door and says, 'You.. have never paid taxes'?" Two simple words. Two simple words in the English language: "I forgot!" How many times do we let ourselves get into terrible situations because we don't say "I forgot"? Let's say you're on trial for armed robbery. You say to the judge, "I forgot armed robbery was illegal." Let's suppose he says back to you, "You have committed a foul crime. you have stolen hundreds and thousands of dollars from people at random, and you say, 'I forgot'?" Two simple words: Excuuuuuse me!!"

Oceander

I'm sure there is a judgment for the taxes plus penalties and interest.  Collecting on it might be another matter, especially if Reynolds flees the country.

He’ll have to do that illegally, because he’s almost certainly lost his passport right now.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He’ll have to do that illegally, because he’s almost certainly lost his passport right now.

I doubt that will present much of an impediment for him.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Oceander

I doubt that will present much of an impediment for him.   :shrug:

Really?  What’s he going to do, swim to SA?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Really?  What’s he going to do, swim to SA?

I think he's prepared to grease whatever palms necessary to get the job done.  He's a Democrat, plenty of willing palms to receive graft.  The tricky part would be getting into a country, and SA would be thrilled to have him.

For some strange reason, criminals have a habit of ignoring the laws and courts the rest of us follow as a natural course.
I will NOT comply.

Oceander

I think he's prepared to grease whatever palms necessary to get the job done.  He's a Democrat, plenty of willing palms to receive graft.  The tricky part would be getting into a country, and SA would be thrilled to have him.

For some strange reason, criminals have a habit of ignoring the laws and courts the rest of us follow as a natural course.

You need a passport to board a plane, or an international ship. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Assuming they follow the law. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

Domestic air travel?.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Reynolds is a Democrat politician with plenty of connections and money.  If he wants to leave the country, he will. 
I will NOT comply.