Author Topic: Thousands of Facebook ads bought by Russians to fool U.S. voters released by Congress  (Read 493 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee released thousands of Russian Facebook ads on Thursday, offering the public its first in-depth look at the troubling messages used to heighten tensions among Americans during and after the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

The release of the ads, which Facebook says were purchased by the Kremlin-linked Internet Research Agency to sway public sentiment, comes as the giant social network races to tighten restrictions on political ads to head off manipulation of upcoming elections, including this fall's hotly contested midterms......

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2018/05/10/thousands-russian-bought-facebook-social-media-ads-released-congress/849959001/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We Got Him Now!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GrouchoTex

Cool, now do Twitter.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I'm not sure if this board counts, but otherwise, I have zero social media accounts.  That's probably why I didn't vote in the last election.  There was no Svengali-like Russian/Cambridge Analytics hold on me.    *****rollingeyes*****
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
So out of a couple billion dollars spent on ads, a few thousand spent on facebook turned the tide?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.