Author Topic: Giuliani: Media should 'calm down' about Cohen payments  (Read 351 times)

Online corbe

Giuliani: Media should 'calm down' about Cohen payments
« on: May 10, 2018, 09:54:03 pm »
Giuliani: Media should 'calm down' about Cohen payments

By Niall Stanage - 05/10/18 05:05 PM EDT

Rudy Giuliani told The Hill on Thursday that the media ought to “calm down” in their coverage of money paid to Michael Cohen, President Trump's longtime personal attorney.

The former New York City mayor and recent addition to Trump's legal team said of the allegations swirling around Cohen, “It doesn’t involve us at all. There is no suggestion that it does.”

Asked directly if Trump had any awareness of Cohen allegedly selling access to him or his administration, Giuliani replied, “No, of course not.”

Cohen has been in the middle of a firestorm since Tuesday, when Michael Avenatti — the attorney for adult actress Stormy Daniels, who alleges she had an affair with Trump in 2006 — published a document purportedly outlining payments to him.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/387174-giuliani-media-should-calm-down-about-cohen-payments
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Giuliani: Media should 'calm down' about Cohen payments
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 10:15:58 pm »
In a headlining-making interview with Sean Hannity of Fox News Channel last week, Giuliani had suggested that hush-money payments, of the kind Cohen apparently made to Daniels, were commonplace. 

“Michael would take care of things like this like I take care of this with my clients,” he told Hannity.

On Thursday, a Greenberg Traurig spokeswoman told The New York Times, “Speaking for ourselves, we would not condone payments of the nature alleged to have been made or otherwise without the knowledge and direction of a client.”

Rudy could always start a late career working on transmissions.  He's gotten a close look at the underside of the bus a couple times, recently.

under the bus888
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.