Author Topic: Cohen promised Novartis access to Trump: report  (Read 807 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cohen promised Novartis access to Trump: report
« on: May 09, 2018, 07:25:20 pm »
Cohen promised Novartis access to Trump: report
By Jacqueline Thomsen - 05/09/18 02:33 PM EDT

President Trump’s personal lawyer Michael Cohen promised the pharmaceutical company Novartis that they could have access to President Trump and his inner circle if they signed a contract with him, a Novartis employee told Stat on Wednesday.

The employee told Stat that Cohen contacted then-chief executive officer Joe Jimenez last year, promising that he could get Novartis access to both Trump and top administration officials. Jimenez then reportedly ordered company officials to make a deal with Cohen.

“With a new administration coming in, basically, all the traditional contacts disappeared and they were all new players,” the employee told the publication. “We were trying to find an inroad into the administration. Cohen promised access to not just Trump, but also the circle around him. It was almost as if we were hiring him as a lobbyist.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/386946-cohen-promised-novartis-access-to-trump-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Cohen promised Novartis access to Trump: report
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 07:34:33 pm »
Is that illegal?

What exactly is the business, of connecting lobbyists, to companies and to politically powerful people?

Law firm A, convinces they can connect Company #1 with elected official Sigma.

Illegal? Law firm A has raised money for Sigma, for years.

Isn't this how "K Street" has operated for decades?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 07:40:01 pm »
Again...

Same game, different players...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 08:01:55 pm »
Again...

Same game, different players...

Do you believe politics did NOT operate in this manner, during the two terms of Pres. Reagan?

Ed Meese, James Baker III, never elected to any office, nevertheless have access to important people for decades.

I am NOT saying either did anything illegal or unethical. I AM saying that access to elected/appointed officials, is art of the process.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DB

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 08:10:54 pm »
Do you believe politics did NOT operate in this manner, during the two terms of Pres. Reagan?

Ed Meese, James Baker III, never elected to any office, nevertheless have access to important people for decades.

I am NOT saying either did anything illegal or unethical. I AM saying that access to elected/appointed officials, is art of the process.

I have no idea. I was more naive then...

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 08:24:32 pm »

I still believe that we have a small enough group of wealthy and/or connected people in the US, that conflicts of interest and nepotism become more and more difficult to avoid.  *That's not an excuse*; it's a problem ;(.

PS I went to an international high school that was based on that idea.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 08:25:27 pm by LauraTXNM »
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.