Author Topic: Haspel Fact Checks Feinstein During Confirmation Hearing  (Read 452 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Haspel Fact Checks Feinstein During Confirmation Hearing
« on: May 09, 2018, 07:18:53 pm »
Haspel Fact Checks Feinstein During Confirmation Hearing

Amber Athey
Media Reporter
11:19 AM 05/09/2018

Gina Haspel, Trump’s nominee for CIA director, fact checked Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein during her confirmation hearing on Wednesday.

einstein began her questioning by pointing out the memoir of former CIA counsel general John Rizzo. In that memoir, Rizzo claims that deputy CIA director for operations Jose Rodriguez installed an officer from counterterrorism who had previously run the interrogation program as his chief of staff.

“Is that you?” Feinstein asked.

“Senator, I am so pleased that you asked me that question,” Haspel began. “No, and for the record if you have your staff check, Rizzo has issued a correction.”

more w/video
http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/09/gina-haspel-fact-checks-feinstein/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Haspel Fact Checks Feinstein During Confirmation Hearing
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 10:01:39 pm »
A good California liberal would use this dialogue against Feinstein during primary season as a weapon to unseat her as an overage, confused hag.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 10:16:28 pm »
I caught this part of the hearing and Haspel was not backing down .... respectful, but quite firm on the point even though Feinstein tried to ignore it.

Good for Haspel.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 11:33:36 pm »
I caught this part of the hearing and Haspel was not backing down .... respectful, but quite firm on the point even though Feinstein tried to ignore it.

Good for Haspel.

I watched it too.   Feinstein seemed to have a deer-in-the-headlights-look when Haspel corrected her; yet Feinstein insisted on reading a passage from Rizzo's book (which Haspel said he has since corrected).  How anyone could reasonably argue that Haspel is unqualified to lead the CIA is beyond me.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.