Author Topic: GOP fears Blankenship's rise means a Roy Moore repeat  (Read 1374 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP fears Blankenship's rise means a Roy Moore repeat
« on: May 08, 2018, 12:57:29 pm »
GOP fears Blankenship's rise means a Roy Moore repeat
by Al Weaver
 | May 08, 2018 12:00 AM

National Republicans are worried about Don Blankenship's rise less than 24 hours before polls close in the West Virginia Senate race as they fear a replay of Alabama, where former Judge Roy Moore cost the party a seat nearly five months ago.

Blankenship, a multimillionaire coal executive who was recently in prison in connection with a deadly mining accident, has seen his poll numbers rise to where he is in a dead heat with Rep. Evan Jenkins and state Attorney General Patrick Morrisey, a favorite of conservatives.

This is giving GOP leaders flashbacks to Moore blowing what should have been a slam dunk. Moore lost a Senate seat that had been safely in Republican hands since the 1990s. Blankenship threatens a prime GOP pickup opportunity against incumbent Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W. Va.

"It didn't work out very well in Alabama," said Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, who said he is "confident" West Virginia primary voters will make a "good choice."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/don-blankenship-west-virginia-roy-moore
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: GOP fears Blankenship's rise means a Roy Moore repeat
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 04:09:07 pm »
If it's Blankenship or Evan Jenkins who wins the primary...Manchin will return to the Senate without even breaking a sweat.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 04:13:01 pm »
If it's Blankenship or Evan Jenkins who wins the primary...Manchin will return to the Senate without even breaking a sweat.

Like hell. Blankenship is custom made for that state.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 04:21:28 pm »
Based on his ads, it would seem Blankenship will win via mass hypnosis.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 04:23:21 pm »
Based on his ads, it would seem Blankenship will win via mass hypnosis.

The China People and Cocaine Mitch are not going to derail his run.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 04:24:06 pm »
Where in the world are we coming up with these people and why do the voters even give them a time of day.  We have a guy who practically walks right out of prison and becomes a candidate.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 04:28:32 pm »
Where in the world are we coming up with these people and why do the voters even give them a time of day.  We have a guy who practically walks right out of prison and becomes a candidate.

Like that is something new? Gov Edwin Edwards. Mayor Marion Barry.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 04:31:33 pm »
Like that is something new? Gov Edwin Edwards. Mayor Marion Barry.

Yea, but we don't need to act like Democrats.

Offline edpc

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 04:35:14 pm »

But what if the are really hot?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-chelsea-manning-senate-run-20180507-story.html

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 04:37:33 pm »
Yea, but we don't need to act like Democrats.

So we should run candidates like David Duke again?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2018, 04:38:29 pm »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline edpc

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2018, 04:51:03 pm »
So we should run candidates like David Duke again?

Done.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2018, 05:53:35 pm »
I have what I believe is a novel idea:  How about the Stupid Party gets behind whoever wins, instead of allowing the Press to pick the winner off so we lose?  I know, I know.  It's crazy talk....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2018, 05:54:38 pm »

Proof positive whoever said that is a racist.  /Democrat Press Speak
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2018, 08:11:13 pm »
I have what I believe is a novel idea:  How about the Stupid Party gets behind whoever wins, instead of allowing the Press to pick the winner off so we lose?  I know, I know.  It's crazy talk....

@Cyber Liberty Unfortunately, Blankenship seems within spitting distance crazy of that actual Nazi running as a Republican in Illinois (or is it Michigan)?  Voting for some of these people really really is not an option.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 08:15:24 pm »
@Cyber Liberty Unfortunately, Blankenship seems within spitting distance crazy of that actual Nazi running as a Republican in Illinois (or is it Michigan)?  Voting for some of these people really really is not an option.

The people in that state see something we don't?
I will NOT comply.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2018, 08:17:37 pm »
The people in that state see something we don't?

@Cyber Liberty  You do mean WV, right ;)?  (Just kidding. ;))
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2018, 08:18:33 pm »
@Cyber Liberty  You do mean WV, right ;)?  (Just kidding. ;))

:pondering:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2018, 08:19:12 pm »

Kidding aside, the Party can at least STFU when a loon wins a Primary, instead of jumping on the Virtue Signaling bandwagon like it did in Alabama.  They should know by now that gets them ZERO brownie points with the Press, but rather it gives the Press ammo to shoot back at the Party.  It's stupid.  If we don't like who a State's Party nominated, then shun them instead.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 08:22:20 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2018, 08:35:14 pm »
@Cyber Liberty  Very true re the Party support.

I was surprised that President Trump recommended voting for EITHER of the other two main candidates.  It seems like that would split the vote and further enable Blankenship to win.

Offline corbe

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2018, 08:43:30 pm »
  If Blankenship does win this I contribute it to the visceral hate in WV for 'Cocaine Mitch' and his Distribution Operation.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2018, 08:44:26 pm »
Cocaine Mitch is the best nickname ever ;).

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2018, 08:58:02 pm »

I was surprised that President Trump recommended voting for EITHER of the other two main candidates.  It seems like that would split the vote and further enable Blankenship to win.

Political-science-wise, Donald has not shown himself to be the sharpest knife in the drawer.  AL showed why a President needs to keep his stinking paws off Elections until AFTER the Primary.  It's likely he will have to support candidates he passed over for endorsements, which weakens credibility.
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2018, 09:02:55 pm »

See: Missouri, 2012.

Tea Party candidates Sarah Steelman and Jim Brunner split the anti-establishment vote, allowing Akin to win the primary, then promptly sabotage his own campaign with his totally wrongheaded idea that the body can shut down a pregnancy if raped, which in turn caused a domino effect that cost the GOP the Senate.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2018, 10:27:11 pm »
And who did the Orgasmic Turtle support? In Alabama he supported the most liberal candidate and butt buddy crony Strange while ignoring conservative candidate Mo Brooks, who came in third. He had just as much blame for the situation as anyone else, if not more.

So is he backing the conservative this time, or the establishment crony? Give you three guesses.
The Republic is lost.