Author Topic: Mueller refuses to let Trump send in written answers to interview questions: report  (Read 1218 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mueller refuses to let Trump send in written answers to interview questions: report
By Morgan Gstalter - 05/08/18 07:58 AM EDT

Special counsel Robert Mueller has rejected a proposal from President Trump’s legal team to send in written answers to questions related to the Russia investigation, CBS News reported early Tuesday.

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani said in an interview that the proposal was rejected, according to the network. He also said that if there is a sit-down interview, certain issues would have to be off-limits to investigators, but did not provide specifics, it added.

Giuliani added that Trump legal team also wants to set a time limit for the interview, CBS said.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/386638-mueller-refuses-to-let-trump-send-in-written-answers-to-interview
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

How does Team Mueller get to set every term and especially with the POTUS? I've never seen anything like this.

Oceander

How does Team Mueller get to set every term and especially with the POTUS? I've never seen anything like this.

Because the prosecutor normally runs the show. 

Offline endicom

Not in the courtroom where the judge runs the show. And not at all normally in the Executive Branch.

Oceander

Not in the courtroom where the judge runs the show. And not at all normally in the Executive Branch.

In the courtroom:  duh.  Don’t be so obtuse. 

Outside the courtroom during an investigation:  yes.  Again, stop being so obtuse.  Trump doesn’t read the forum and isn’t going to reward you with loyalty points. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Not with the President.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline endicom

In the courtroom:  duh.  Don’t be so obtuse. 

Outside the courtroom during an investigation:  yes.  Again, stop being so obtuse.  Trump doesn’t read the forum and isn’t going to reward you with loyalty points.

I was twice obtuse? And looking for loyalty points? I'll have myself flogged.

But I don't think I'm the one being obtuse.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
They should hold up General Flynn as an example of how Mueller will bring charges against someone whom even the FBI believes was not deliberately deceptive, and then flatly accuse Mueller of political motivations.  Let that stew overnight, then say that Trump would be foolish to give him an inch, and plead the 5th. 

Offline Frank Cannon

Not with the President.

Especially when there isn't a crime having been committed.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
They should hold up General Flynn as an example of how Mueller will bring charges against someone whom even the FBI believes was not deliberately deceptive, and then flatly accuse Mueller of political motivations.  Let that stew overnight, then say that Trump would be foolish to give him an inch, and plead the 5th.

Unfortunately, Flynn blew that when he pled guilty. 

Offline skeeter

Again, Trump should insist on doing only what Hillary Clinton was required to do.

Let Mueller and his media stooges explain why that would be indicative of his guilt.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Again, Trump should insist on doing only what Hillary Clinton was required to do.

Let Mueller and his media stooges explain why that would be indicative of his guilt.

I like that.  Sure would create an entertaining situation.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Unfortunately, Flynn blew that when he pled guilty.

Flynn was going to go broke defending himself against charges for which he wasn't going to get jail time.  Basically, they held hostage his family's financial security.   I feel really badly for the guy that he was put in such a terrible moral quandary.

The point still stands for Trump, though.  What happened to Flynn is Exhibit A that Mueller is more interested in his agenda than actual justice.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Or they could have re-opened the investigation and conducted it properly.  However, you had a president elect say the Clintons were ‘good people’ he didn’t ‘want to hurt.’  Later, he waved off the ‘lock her up’ talk, because it played well in the campaign, but now, ‘we don’t care so much.’  On top of it all, Trump nominated the most feckless AG he could find because Sessions was an early, vocal supporter.  In light of all this, the whining over Hillary is comical.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Flynn was going to go broke defending himself against charges for which he wasn't going to get jail time.  Basically, they held hostage his family's financial security.   I feel really badly for the guy that he was put in such a terrible moral quandary.

The point still stands for Trump, though.  What happened to Flynn is Exhibit A that Mueller is more interested in his agenda than actual justice.

I thought that for some time too, but I think now that he actually did lie.  Probably wasn't a big deal, and probably shouldn't have even been asked the question, but his pleading guilty made that irrelevant.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I thought that for some time too, but I think now that he actually did lie.  Probably wasn't a big deal, and probably shouldn't have even been asked the question, but his pleading guilty made that irrelevant.

There were discrepancies between what he was taped saying, and his recollection later.  The agents determined at the time it was not intentional. 

You're correct about the pleading, but most people are understanding of the fact Mueller was deliberately bankrupting Flynn and his family.  There have been enough cases of Prosecutors using this tactic, so the technique of crushing people to obtain guilty pleas is well known to the population at large.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So far that little dog mueller is just doing a lot of barking.  Lets see if he try to bite.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.