Author Topic: Televangelist Jim Bakker calls his Missouri cabins the safest spot for the Apocalypse  (Read 759 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Televangelist Jim Bakker calls his Missouri cabins the safest spot for the Apocalypse

By Kaitlyn Schwers   |   May 06, 2018 07:45 PM

Televangelist Jim Bakker suggests that if you want to survive the end of days, the best thing you could do is buy one of his cabins in Missouri's Ozark Mountains. And while you're at it, be sure to pick up six 28-ounce "Extreme Survival Warfare" water bottles for $150.

Bakker, 78, made comments promoting his Morningside church community alongside his co-host and wife, Lori, on an episode of "The Jim Bakker Show," which aired Tuesday. The show is filmed there, near Branson.

Bakker was known for hosting the evangelical Christian TV program "The PTL Club" in the '70s and '80s — up until 1987, when his empire came crashing down amid a sex scandal and charges of fraud.

Jessica Hahn told The Charlotte Observer last December that Bakker had manipulated her into having sex in a hotel room in 1980, back when she was a church secretary. At the time, Bakker was married to Tammy Faye.

He was convicted in 1989 on 24 counts of wire and mail fraud and conspiracy, and served five years in federal prison. Tammy Faye filed for divorce while he was in prison.
She died in 2007 and was buried in Kansas.

Now, surrounded by buckets of food and "warfare" water bottles in the Ozarks, Bakker is in front of the cameras once again, preparing his viewers for the Apocalypse.

"Where are you going to go when the world's on fire? Where are you going to go? This place is for God's people. ... We need some farmers to move here," Bakker said on Tuesday's show.

snip

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/news/nation-world/national/article210538069.html#storylink=cpy
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline thackney

When the major asteroid hits the earth, I think I know where it will hit.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
There is unfortunately the New Madrid fault in SE MO. I'd go north central MO myself.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

Great, now I can start that Apocalypse planning I've been putting off.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
"Where are you going to go when the world's on fire? Where are you going to go?
The same thing I always do: follow where the Lord leads me, and not some con-man posing as an evangelist.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 01:44:09 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Great - nice to know I'll have Jim Bakker to my east and the Westboro people to the west.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If you have dinner with Mr. Bakker you will hear things that exist nowhere else. Have you ever been invited to dinner and the host says, "Welcome! Please, pull up a chair and have a bucket of food and a bottle of water. Don't worry, this gruel lasts forever. You'll love it." Sounds Great! Give me your finest bucket of food and your best water. Could I get a feed-bag with that?

BTW, This edible food product is made with twinkie extract. That is why it lasts forever.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

"Where are you going to go when the world's on fire? Where are you going to go? This place is for God's people. ... We need some farmers to move here," Bakker said on Tuesday's show.
Wait, I think I've heard this before ...

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
The last time he tried this scheme, he ended up in prison.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
The last time he tried this scheme, he ended up in prison.

He got out of prison, found himself a new Barbie wannabe and started right up again.  The man is grifter, through and through.