Author Topic: President Trump "Remember Alabama. Vote Rep. Jenkins or A. G. Morrisey!"  (Read 1833 times)

Online corbe

Will people listen..

Considering Trump won West 'by G_d' Virginia by 42% you'd think it was a given his choice would win but he won Alabama by 24% and it didn't make a difference in the end result, so who knows who the citizens of that state will listen to.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Disproving a popular theory around here that 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' the fact that he dislikes McConnell as much as I do still means squat to me. This belongs to West Virginia not some azzhole in Texas and to answer a question proposed earlier by my dear Friend @Right_in_Virginia one more or less Rep/Dem in the Senate means crap as long as the aforementioned McConnell is running the show.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/05/07/yikes-two-internal-polls-show-don-blankenship-leading-wv-eve-senate-primary/

It’s worth noting how little policy matters to any of this. There’s no argument, as there was with Trump and immigration, that Blankenship has some special commitment to a set of policies that sets him apart from the other candidates. You could justify a primary vote for Trump by saying that you dislike X, Y, and Z about him but that, unlike the rest of the field, at least he’ll build the wall. Blankenship’s pitch appears to be populism in its purest, dumbest form: Nominating him will make “Cocaine Mitch” and the other Beltway Republicans cry, therefore it is good in itself. It’s a reminder that, apart from a select few core cultural issues like immigration and gun rights, the modern GOP effectively has no agenda. It exists solely to keep Democrats out of power. Which is ironic in Blankenship’s case, since he may be the only Republican on the ballot who can keep Democrats in power in the Senate in West Virginia. Here’s his latest ad, proving my point by arguing that even if he were mentally ill like all of his critics say, he’d still do a better job than McConnell and the other bums. Who cares about winning a Senate seat when you can give Cocaine Mitch the finger instead?

https://www.facebook.com/DonLBlankenship/videos/1953618918043045/

He's an America person.

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/a-strange-argument-against-prosecuting-for-illegal-gun-possessions/

Another Key GOP Senate Primary, Another Abysmal, Unelectable Candidate
By Jim Geraghty
If Republican primary voters in West Virginia select the worst possible candidate, right after Republican primary voters in Alabama chose the worst possible candidate . . . it starts to become really difficult to get emotionally invested in the fate of the Republican party. What’s the point of pulling for this party if its voters keep nominating the worst possible choice over and over again?
Comments   

This isn’t the first time Republicans have nominated deeply flawed candidates for key Senate races: Todd Akin in Missouri, Christine O’Donnell in Delaware, Sharron Angle in Nevada. If West Virginia Republicans nominate Blankenship, it will be depressingly clear is that the party’s electorate as a whole will not learn from experience.

Online corbe

@Once-Ler I thought that might be a product of 'Open Primaries', but sadly it is not.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   Disproving a popular theory around here that 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' the fact that he dislikes McConnell as much as I do still means squat to me. This belongs to West Virginia not some azzhole in Texas and to answer a question proposed earlier by my dear Friend @Right_in_Virginia one more or less Rep/Dem in the Senate means crap as long as the aforementioned McConnell is running the show.

But @corbe   The enemy of my enemy IS my friend, at least in a lot of situations.

Don't be a Debbie Downer (haha)  we need every senator we can get and maybe we can get enough conservatives to kick the old McConnell guy back to the farm.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
      @Once-Ler I thought that might be a product of 'Open Primaries', but sadly it is not.

There should never be open primaries.  Never.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   Just as in Alabama @Mesaclone, I got no dog in this hunt but YES I would absolutely want the MOST ELECTABLE Conservative to win the Primary AND the General, but recent history bestows upon US the lesson that when McConnell and Trump get involved in these things the results are less than optimal.

Blankenship: I’m Trumpier than Trump

By Luis Sanchez - 05/07/18 09:24 AM EDT

Don Blankenship said on Monday that he is “Trumpier than Trump” in response to a tweet from the president urging West Virginians to support the GOP Senate candidate's primary opponents.

"As some have said I am Trumpier than Trump, and this morning proves it,” Blankenship, a former mining CEO, said in a statement responding to a tweet from Trump.

"The President is a very busy man and he doesn’t know me, and he doesn’t know how flawed my two main opponents are in this primary," Blankenship said. "The establishment is misinforming him because they do not want me to be in the U.S. Senate and promote the President’s agenda."

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/386484-blankenship-im-trumpier-than-trump

@corbe   I know nothing about this state or these candidates... BUT if Blankenship actually used the phrase, "I'm Trumpier than Trump,"  I'm voting against him.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Trump is correct, to oppose Blankenship.

Absolutely.  I knew nothing about this before, but if Blankenship is not universally hated in W.V., then people aren't paying attention.  Why would the Pubs even nominate this guy?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   Mud Slinging 2018!

Blankenship hits back at Trump: He backed a candidate 'accused of pedophilia'

By Ben Kamisar - 05/07/18 12:00 PM EDT

Controversial West Virginia Republican Senate candidate Don Blankenship brushed aside President Trump's call to vote against him by noting that Trump once urged voters to back a Republican candidate facing allegations of child molestation.

Blankenship, a former coal executive who served a year in prison for a mine safety violation, has been locked in a brutal fight with establishment Republicans. The GOP fears Blankenship's criminal record, as well as his recent incendiary attacks on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and his family, would ruin the party's chances of defeating Sen. Joe Manchin (D) in the fall.

That concern prompted Trump himself to tweet to his followers on Monday morning to vote for either of Blankenship's opponents in Tuesday's primary.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/386517-blankenship-hits-back-at-trump-he-backed-a-candidate-accused-of-pedophilia
@corbe  Well, yeah, very interesting.  But everybody hates McConnell, probably even his wife, so I'm not giving Blankenship any points for that.  Too much going against him.

Offline kevindavis007

There should never be open primaries.  Never.

I agree.. However, it depends on the state.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

@corbe That's a nifty jpg.  I copied it.  Thank you.

There is a self destructive strain of the GOP.  I often joke that the difference between a patriotic conservative and a traitorous RINO is one re-election.  I suspect if Blankenship gets elected it will not be long before he is beat down by his own party.  Like Senators Cruz and Paul are being beat down now.

https://www.conservativereview.com/top-25-conservatives/ lists 3 Senators.  Lee, Cruz, and Paul.  Poor Cruz may not make it to re-election.  I hope if that happens Blankenship can fill his role.  I'd hate for "conservatives" to have no heroes to look up to. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   Even during the heat of the GOP Primaries I didn't have YOU on Ignore @Right_in_Virginia and since Trump got the nod at the Convention my Ignore List has been empty.
   In spite of our differences I more often than not enjoy reading your stuff, besides you keep me up on all the official White House fluff, too.

I can see why your ignore list is empty, @corbe.  You love even the most annoying NTers and you enjoy the most enjoying PTers.  You're just a sweet guy all around.

I'm different.  My ignore list is getting so long, I occasionally see a whole page of blank screen.  I enjoy that option.  It keeps me from getting cranky and wasting my time responding to idiots.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Absolutely.  I knew nothing about this before, but if Blankenship is not universally hated in W.V., then people aren't paying attention.  Why would the Pubs even nominate this guy?
I am not able to understand it. Just to speculate, though. WV lost 29 lives, in their main industry.

They didn't quit loving the industry, though. Blankenship stands up to the interests, that would deprive them of their livelihoods.

IOW tragic as the accident was, shit happens and we still want coal jobs.

*That mine explosion cost me money, in my IRA.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

I can see why your ignore list is empty, @corbe.  You love even the most annoying NTers and you enjoy the most enjoying PTers.  You're just a sweet guy all around.

I'm different.  My ignore list is getting so long, I occasionally see a whole page of blank screen.  I enjoy that option.  It keeps me from getting cranky and wasting my time responding to idiots.

@corbe is fully awesome.  Funny as hell, quick witted, and thoughtful.  A TBR treasure.

Online corbe

I smell better now, too. Just took my bi annual bath in the Guadalupe river with my dogs.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Dittos that @corbe is fantastic.

On a completely unrelated matter, how could anyone believe Mitch McConnell does cocaine???
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
  I smell better now, too. Just took my bi annual bath in the Guadalupe river with my dogs.

Oh, wow, you live in Hill Country?!  @corbe, you're breaking my heart!!!
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Online corbe

He looks more like a Stoner to me.

Online Hoodat

Considering Trump won West 'by G_d' Virginia by 42%  .  .  .

As one who grew up in the Commonwealth of Virginia, we refer to it as 'Wet Vagina'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

Oh, wow, you live in Hill Country?!  @corbe, you're breaking my heart!!!

Moved from New Orleans to New Braunfels, where the Comal meets the Guadalupe River in 92.  Closest thing to Heaven in my book.

Online mountaineer

The Republicans haven't nominated anyone yet. There are six men running in the GOP primary. Blankenship is just one of them. As for why anyone would vote for him, I only can speculate that they like his "outsider" and "victim of The Man" persona.

I live in W.Va. I'm voting for Morrisey.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org