Author Topic: President Trump "Remember Alabama. Vote Rep. Jenkins or A. G. Morrisey!"  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

President Trump "Remember Alabama. Vote Rep. Jenkins or A. G. Morrisey!"
Twitter, May 7, 2018, President Trump

"To the great people of West Virginia we have, together, a really great chance to keep making a big difference. Problem is, Don Blankenship, currently running for Senate, can’t win the General Election in your State...No way! Remember Alabama. Vote Rep. Jenkins or A.G. Morrisey!"

Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

To the great people of West Virginia we have, together, a really great chance to keep making a big difference. Problem is, Don Blankenship, currently running for Senate, can’t win the General Election in your State...No way! Remember Alabama. Vote Rep. Jenkins or A.G. Morrisey!
3:53 AM - 7 May 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/993443781281271808?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Please, listen up West Virginia!!

Offline mountaineer

Jenkins is no conservative.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Neither is West Virginia ... but if we choose wisely, we've a real shot at picking up this seat in the Senate.

Online kevindavis007

But he is better than what his face
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline mountaineer

But he is better than what his face
Morrisey is the best candidate.

Online kevindavis007

Morrisey is the best candidate.

I'm pretty sure however I'm talking about the guy who was in prison
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline mountaineer

There are six men vying in the GOP primary. Three have no chance, irrespective of their credentials.
 Of the remaining three, the best is Morrisey. Jenkins is a fake conservative. Blankenship is a liability, as no matter how conservative West Virginia has become, many people cannot forget all the coal miners who died due to allegedly unsafe conditions at his mines.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Nope.  He gets an F on the Liberty Score from Conservative review.

https://pdfgenerator.conservativereview.com/pdf/412663.pdf#page=1

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online corbe

I remember Alabama.  Trump first going with Strange against the real Conservative Mo Brooks all the while with McConnell whispering in his ear and eventually losing it to a demonrat. 

Yea, lets do that again.  /s
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

I remember Alabama.  Trump first going with Strange against the real Conservative Mo Brooks all the while with McConnell whispering in his ear and eventually losing it to a demonrat. 

Word.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Mesaclone

Yes you make a point, but its not one that's relevant to THIS race.

Put your analyst hat on and ask yourself, can Blankenship win? Then ask yourself how imperative it is to add this vote to the caucus.
These two points should simplify and clarify this issue for everyone...we must win this seat. As always, we should hope the candidate who runs is the most conservative one WHO CAN ACTUALLY WIN the seat...does no good to run a Moore or Blankenship and lose. Moral victories in politics is a Menchevik approach...the path to disaster and failure.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online corbe

Just as in Alabama @Mesaclone, I got no dog in this hunt but YES I would absolutely want the MOST ELECTABLE Conservative to win the Primary AND the General, but recent history bestows upon US the lesson that when McConnell and Trump get involved in these things the results are less than optimal.

Blankenship: I’m Trumpier than Trump

By Luis Sanchez - 05/07/18 09:24 AM EDT

Don Blankenship said on Monday that he is “Trumpier than Trump” in response to a tweet from the president urging West Virginians to support the GOP Senate candidate's primary opponents.

"As some have said I am Trumpier than Trump, and this morning proves it,” Blankenship, a former mining CEO, said in a statement responding to a tweet from Trump.

"The President is a very busy man and he doesn’t know me, and he doesn’t know how flawed my two main opponents are in this primary," Blankenship said. "The establishment is misinforming him because they do not want me to be in the U.S. Senate and promote the President’s agenda."

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/386484-blankenship-im-trumpier-than-trump
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Blankenship: I’m Trumpier than Trump
Cool.

Remember...this is a statewide election --- Please don't piss away this opportunity.

Can the Most Hated Man in West Virginia Win?
Don Blankenship went to prison after the deaths of 29 of his miners. For some Republicans, that’s the beginning of a successful Senate campaign.
Politico, Mar 26, 2018

<snip>

Admittedly, this part of the state was not his power base when he was the bottom-line-driven CEO of Massey Energy, one of the state’s largest mining companies. (“I used to come up here to sell coal,” he told me later in an interview. “Before Obama.”)

But the almost nonexistent turnout seemed about right for a man who just three years ago had a statewide approval rating of 10 percent, lower even than Congress, the standard for disdain. In 2015, when he was sentenced to a year in prison on a misdemeanor charge of conspiring to violate mine safety standards in the 2010 explosion that killed 29 men at the Upper Big Branch mine, three-fifths of people surveyed thought the judge should have put him away for longer.

More:  https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/03/26/west-virginia-senate-don-blankenship-2018-217703

« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 05:44:28 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online corbe

Mud Slinging 2018!

Blankenship hits back at Trump: He backed a candidate 'accused of pedophilia'

By Ben Kamisar - 05/07/18 12:00 PM EDT

Controversial West Virginia Republican Senate candidate Don Blankenship brushed aside President Trump's call to vote against him by noting that Trump once urged voters to back a Republican candidate facing allegations of child molestation.

Blankenship, a former coal executive who served a year in prison for a mine safety violation, has been locked in a brutal fight with establishment Republicans. The GOP fears Blankenship's criminal record, as well as his recent incendiary attacks on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and his family, would ruin the party's chances of defeating Sen. Joe Manchin (D) in the fall.

That concern prompted Trump himself to tweet to his followers on Monday morning to vote for either of Blankenship's opponents in Tuesday's primary.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/386517-blankenship-hits-back-at-trump-he-backed-a-candidate-accused-of-pedophilia

Why are you pushing for someone who is despised statewide? 

What the hell is the point?

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/05/07/yikes-two-internal-polls-show-don-blankenship-leading-wv-eve-senate-primary/
Yikes: Two internal polls show Don Blankenship leading in WV on eve of Senate primary

If he pulls this off tomorrow night, there’s only one thing in the world that’ll be able to console “Cocaine Mitch” McConnell. You guessed it: Cocaine.

This endless series of interventions in which party leadership and pundits try to convince GOP voters not to eat out of garbage cans in primaries is tiresome. Sometimes the intervention is premised on a flawed assumption, that voters don’t *know* they’re eating garbage. Do they know that Blankenship went to prison after 29 miners died due to his company’s neglect for their safety?

Well, probably, yeah. Maybe they just don’t care. What if they like how garbage tastes? Who are you to judge them for eating garbage?

Sniff first before biting into that yummy Trumpy Trumpyness fortified with extra Trump.

Online corbe

I am just posting what I see on the net that is relevant to the topic at hand @Right_in_Virginia
   As I mentioned earlier I have no dog in this hunt.  Perhaps your beef is with the website The Hill
   Please refrain in the future from projecting your desire to not see anything negative about PRESIDENT Trump upon my who gives a $hit azz. 

Blankenship hits back at Trump: He backed a candidate 'accused of pedophilia'

Oh Snap!  Blankenship is going to be a great Republican.  HE FIGHTS!!!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 05:58:36 pm by Once-Ler »

I am just posting what I see on the net that is relevant to the topic at hand @Right_in_Virginia
   As I mentioned earlier I have no dog in this hunt.  Perhaps your beef is with the website The Hill
   Please refrain in the future from projecting your desire to not see anything negative about PRESIDENT Trump upon my who gives a $hit azz.

Please snap out of it @corbe.  We all have a dog in this fight ... and it's not the President.

We have an opportunity to gain a seat in the Senate.  I keep hoping to read clear strategic objectivity from you .... and still get nothing but crap about my supporting the President.

Your one note is getting stale --- really, really stale.

Please, put me on ignore.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Trump is correct, to oppose Blankenship.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online corbe

Please snap out of it @corbe.  We all have a dog in this fight ... and it's not the President.

We have an opportunity to gain a seat in the Senate.  I keep hoping to read clear strategic objectivity from you .... and still get nothing but crap about my supporting the President.

Your one note is getting stale --- really, really stale.

Please, put me on ignore.

Even during the heat of the GOP Primaries I didn't have YOU on Ignore @Right_in_Virginia and since Trump got the nod at the Convention my Ignore List has been empty.
   In spite of our differences I more often than not enjoy reading your stuff, besides you keep me up on all the official White House fluff, too.

Online kevindavis007

Will people listen..

Trump opposes Blankenship because he can't win the general election.  I oppose Blankenship because he shouldn't win.  A subtle difference, but a main reason I am no longer a Republican.