Author Topic: The Iran Deal Is Strategically and Morally Absurd  (Read 337 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Iran Deal Is Strategically and Morally Absurd
« on: May 06, 2018, 05:07:14 am »
It was surely Barack Obama’s profound aversion to the use of American military power that so enfeebled his nuclear diplomacy and made his atomic accord with Iran the worst arms-control agreement since the Washington Naval Treaty of 1922. I do not know whether a more forceful president and secretary of state—say a Democratic version of Ronald Reagan and George Schultz—could have gotten a “good deal” with Tehran; it just boggles the mind to believe that a better deal wasn’t possible. A stronger president and secretary of state certainly would have been willing to walk away. Neither captured by Iranian demands nor the mirage of “moderate” mullahs and engagement, more astute, less fearful men would have been more patient, and more willing to let sanctions bite deeper into the economy and political culture of the Islamic Republic.

Read more at: https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/05/iran-nuclear-deal-flawed/559595/

-------------

Wow, the Atlantic.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DB

Re: The Iran Deal Is Strategically and Morally Absurd
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 05:31:49 am »
NK and Iran have been partners in nuclear and missile technology for many years. They've shared technology and material. I have little doubt that Iran already has "the bomb" under Obama. The horse has left the nuclear barn. I think Iran is the mostly like to use a nuke on a city. The Twelfth Imam and all...