Author Topic: The Naked Truth About Trump... Maureen Dowd  (Read 809 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Naked Truth About Trump... Maureen Dowd
« on: May 06, 2018, 12:43:23 am »
The Naked Truth About Trump

By Maureen Dowd

Opinion Columnist

May 5, 2018

WASHINGTON — Before I get to America’s Mayor and America’s Nightmare, I would like to say this:

Michelle Wolf was right when she turned a gimlet eye on the media.

“You guys are obsessed with Trump,” the comedian said at the White House Correspondents Dinner. “Did you used to date him? Because you pretend like you hate him, but I think you love him.

“I think what no one in this room wants to admit is that Trump has helped all of you. He couldn’t sell steaks or vodka or water or college or ties or Eric, but he has helped you. He’s helped you sell your papers and your books and your TV. You helped create this monster, and now you’re profiting off of him. If you’re going to profit off of Trump, you should at least give him some money, because he doesn’t have any.”

You know Donald Trump also believes that he is the best thing to ever happen to the media — and that he should be getting a cut of the action. There’s nothing he hates more than feeling that someone has profited off him, while he gets nothing. Remember when he proposed a $5 million ransom to show up at the CNN debate?

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/05/opinion/sunday/the-naked-truth-about-trump.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: The Naked Truth About Trump... Maureen Dowd
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 03:14:25 am »
Naked Trump and Maureen O'Dowd?  No, I'm not gonna go there.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 03:17:17 am »
Naked Trump and Maureen O'Dowd?  No, I'm not gonna go there.

When I see NYTimes in the url I go no further.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 03:20:22 am »
That’s an unfortunate headline.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 04:06:55 am »
@mystery-ak

Same observations I have made about his behavior and the outcome Dowd suggests could happen, maybe not in that way but still a breakdown.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 04:15:01 am »
The NYT and Truth are mutually exclusive and should never be used in the same sentence, for one has no part with the other.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775