Author Topic: McCain says he regrets picking Palin as running mate  (Read 9506 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: McCain says he regrets picking Palin as running mate
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2018, 11:53:51 pm »
He was basically out of the primaries and then seemingly overnight he took the lead and the other GOP candidates  practically dropped out.   He started strong and his selection of Palin got him a lot of votes.  Then he started underperforming, stopping his campaign to meet with Bush on the economic issues and that ginormous spending bill.  Think it was called TARP.

I believe he was selected by the deep state globalists to run and lose against Obama.  Just like Obama was selected to be President.

McCain is a sell out.  Under his leadership and influence the GOP has been ineffective and has lost its conservative focus.  Along with Mitch and the other sellouts they have led this country down the path of decline.    He's pushed us towards numerous needless military conflicts which have claimed thousands of lives of our young people.  America will be a better and stronger place when he is gone.

@driftdiver you nailed it perfectly.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2018, 12:08:59 am »
Bet she's not invited to the funeral..lol
@mystery-ak

How could he have chosen Lieberman, listed as an Independent at the time?  Not even choosing a Republican?  Republicans would have had a fit.  Now, when he chose Palin, she was the rage and everyone wanted to be like her.  I was working in the party then, and the party state officers and county workers loved her to the max.  She was liked throughout that campaign; I was on TOS then and Jim and his close buddies were in love with her.  It was after the election, after she gave up her governorship, that she started trying to be a celebrity and she went downhill from that to what she is today.  In the Trump campaign, when she made a talk with Trump at a rally, she appeared to me to be drunk.  I was hoping she wouldn't be in his administration and luckily, she is not.  At one time, during the campaign, I heard Trump say she could be Energy Secretary.

In that McCain piece, he is not trashing her.  She may very well be at the funeral.

Offline berdie

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2018, 01:33:02 am »
@mystery-ak

How could he have chosen Lieberman, listed as an Independent at the time?  Not even choosing a Republican?  Republicans would have had a fit.  Now, when he chose Palin, she was the rage and everyone wanted to be like her.  I was working in the party then, and the party state officers and county workers loved her to the max.  She was liked throughout that campaign; I was on TOS then and Jim and his close buddies were in love with her.  It was after the election, after she gave up her governorship, that she started trying to be a celebrity and she went downhill from that to what she is today.  In the Trump campaign, when she made a talk with Trump at a rally, she appeared to me to be drunk.  I was hoping she wouldn't be in his administration and luckily, she is not.  At one time, during the campaign, I heard Trump say she could be Energy Secretary.

In that McCain piece, he is not trashing her.  She may very well be at the funeral.

I completely agree with your post. What he said, imho, was an apology to Lieberman.

But the thing I don't understand is why would he worry about Palin or Trump at this point in his life? Maybe cause he is a professional politician and can't help it.

Or maybe as suggested earlier in the thread....his mind isn't right.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2018, 03:09:04 am »
@Victoria33
You take all the fun out of kicking a dying man.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2018, 03:17:18 am »
@Victoria33

McCain has been kicking this country for years.  He's an enemy of a free America and I will not mourn his death.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2018, 03:19:12 am »
@Victoria33
@Once-Ler

I don't agree with the trashing of this dying man.  Until now, I have stayed away from threads that are saying bad things about him.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2018, 03:22:05 am »
I completely agree with your post. What he said, imho, was an apology to Lieberman.
But the thing I don't understand is why would he worry about Palin or Trump at this point in his life? Maybe cause he is a professional politician and can't help it.
Or maybe as suggested earlier in the thread....his mind isn't right.
@berdie

berdie, politics was his life - he is reviewing his life which is politics, tying up loose ends; saying what he feels now as his life closes.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2018, 03:25:52 am »
@Once-Ler

I don't agree with the trashing of this dying man.  Until now, I have stayed away from threads that are saying bad things about him.

Thank God you're here to clean things up.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2018, 03:28:25 am »
In that McCain piece, he is not trashing her.

Of course McCain is trashing Palin @Victoria33  ... What do you think "I regret picking her" is ... a compliment??

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2018, 03:30:42 am »
Too bad McCain's family can not take control and protect him from himself at this point.

This is allowing him to make a fool of himself, when he may not be entirely competent mentally.

Maybe he'll be able to get abig weekin the media, by changing to the Dem Party, before death.

"Joe, I loved you best--not Sarah."

I dunno - he sounds like he always has, bitter and on the verge of dementedness.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2018, 03:31:19 am »
@berdie

berdie, politics was his life - he is reviewing his life which is politics, tying up loose ends; saying what he feels now as his life closes.

Nah, he's settling old scores and taking free slams at people he doesn't like knowing none will fight back with the truth against a dying man @Victoria33

You forget that McCain has never been an honorable man, so there's no reason to expect this will change on his deathbed.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2018, 03:38:33 am »
I dunno - he sounds like he always has, bitter and on the verge of dementedness.

Got that right toots. You'd think at this stage of the endgame one would be focused on family, not stirring up irrelevant controversies.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2018, 03:45:37 am »
McCain is a strong part of the 'resist' movement with severe TDS. It makes perfect sense that he would trash Palin on his way out. She is likely not the last one on his 'get revenge' list.

He could have gone out with more dignity and grace, but he has chosen not to.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2018, 03:47:25 am »
I find it typical 'McCain' to still blame Palin for him losing the presidency.  He still doesn't get it.  He lost because people were so disgusted with him that they either stayed home or voted 3rd party.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2018, 03:48:22 am »

That is what I never liked about him when he ran for president.  He sounded demented.  I thought he was an embarrassment and if it hadn't been for Sarah Palin I probably wouldn't have voted for him.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2018, 03:53:23 am »
That is what I never liked about him when he ran for president.  He sounded demented.  I thought he was an embarrassment and if it hadn't been for Sarah Palin I probably wouldn't have voted for him.

There have been times in recent past where I've held my nose, and voted for the lesser of two evils.  In McCain's case I simply couldn't do it.  I did not vote for him and I have no regrets.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2018, 03:57:53 am »
@Once-Ler

@Victoria33

It's sad so few other posters see it that way.  I think less of them for it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2018, 04:04:28 am »
@Victoria33

@Once-Ler @Victoria33 I, for one, would appreciate hearing some good things about the man.  There's got to be some.  Please feel free to add positively to the thread.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2018, 04:04:47 am »
There have been times in recent past where I've held my nose, and voted for the lesser of two evils.  In McCain's case I simply couldn't do it.  I did not vote for him and I have no regrets.

I had to hold my nose but that is why I wouldn't do it with Trump.  Tired of holding my nose.  But I was a big Tea Party person and at the time Sarah Palin was a leader.  She is the only reason I voted for him.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2018, 04:08:27 am »
@Victoria33

I definitely do not wish his diagnosis on him.  I have said so before but he is still trashing others instead of focusing on family and health.  So I guess it deserves discussion.  With these statements he made himself very clear that he is and has always been liberal.  Sad that the GOP can't choose Conservatives.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2018, 04:10:47 am »
@Victoria33
@Once-Ler

Your signature comment fits in this situation with McCain dying and people saying bad things about him:
"...and we are all made by the same almighty God.  We must love each other, show affection for each other..."
That doesn't happen on this thread.  When threads get nasty, I seldom post on them.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2018, 04:12:23 am »
@Once-Ler @Victoria33 I, for one, would appreciate hearing some good things about the man.  There's got to be some.  Please feel free to add positively to the thread.

I heard he once saved 15% on his car insurance.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2018, 04:18:27 am »
Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple Heart and Distinguished Flying Cross.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2018, 04:20:33 am »

There are rumors that in 1983 he once held the door open for an old lady at a diner in Tuscon. On the other hand others on the scene said he was actually stopped to look for his sunglasses in his jacket and didn't even notice the lady.....but it is something. 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2018, 04:22:04 am »

@Once-Ler said it:
"...and we are all made by the same almighty God.  We must love each other, show affection for each other..."