Author Topic: Frazzled Mueller begs court for delay after Russians call his bluff on evidence  (Read 1617 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Frazzled Mueller begs court for delay after Russians call his bluff on evidence
May 5, 2018 | Vivek Saxena

An attempt by special counselor Robert Mueller to harangue a number of Russian companies and individuals for allegedly interfering in the 2016 presidential election appears to be backfiring “bigly.”

On Friday the special counselor’s office sought to delay its first court hearing on the matter out of what appeared to be anxiety.

When Mueller indicted 13 Russian nationals and three Russian entities in February, he assumed his foreign-based targets would simply ignore any future court proceedings since they clearly live outside his jurisdiction, according to Politico. He assumed wrong.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/05/05/frazzled-mueller-begs-court-for-delay-after-russians-call-his-bluff-on-evidence-631488
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Robert Swan Mueller III may become Robert Black Swan Mueller I.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Many things come to mind about Russians.  Easy to bluff isn't one of em
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The grounds for the request to delay are the defendants weren't properly served the summons.  That's laughable, because they were served notice "by publication" when the indictments were announced.  What I wonder is, what will the Judge decide?  Will he agree to or deny this request for a delay?  If the court denies it, the demands for discovery will start to flow like Niagara Falls.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

Cohen bought them off?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Hey Bob-o, take some friendly Fred advice from the Hunt for Red October:

'The Russians don't take a dump without a plan, son.'
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

This is sooooo sweet.  Two attorneys show up for Concord Management and submit a boatload of discovery requests for information that the Justice Department does not want to reveal.

Mueller bluffed and is now going to lose.  And the effects will be felt by every other judge he goes before.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

The grounds for the request to delay are the defendants weren't properly served the summons.  That's laughable, because they were served notice "by publication" when the indictments were announced.  What I wonder is, what will the Judge decide?  Will he agree to or deny this request for a delay?  If the court denies it, the demands for discovery will start to flow like Niagara Falls.

Already happening. @Cyber Liberty

Judge rejects Mueller's request for delay in Russian troll farm case

A federal judge has rejected special counsel Robert Mueller’s request to delay the first court hearing in a criminal case charging three Russian companies and 13 Russian citizens with using social media and other means to foment strife among Americans in advance of the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

In a brief order Saturday evening, U.S. District Court Judge Dabney Friedrich offered no explanation for her decision to deny a request prosecutors made Friday to put off the scheduled Wednesday arraignment for Concord Management and Consulting, one of the three firms charged in the case.

The 13 people charged in the high-profile indictment in February are considered unlikely to ever appear in a U.S. court. The three businesses accused of facilitating the alleged Russian troll farm operation — the Internet Research Agency, Concord Management, and Concord Catering — were also expected to simply ignore the American criminal proceedings.

Last month, however, a pair of Washington-area lawyers suddenly surfaced in the case, notifying the court that they represent Concord Management. POLITICO reported at the time that the move appeared to be a bid to force Mueller’s team to turn over relevant evidence to the Russian firm and perhaps even to bait prosecutors into an embarrassing dismissal in order to avoid disclosing sensitive information.

On Friday, Mueller’s prosecutors disclosed that Concord’s attorneys, Eric Dubelier and Kate Seikaly, had made a slew of discovery requests demanding nonpublic details about the case and the investigation. Prosecutors also asked a judge to postpone the formal arraignment of Concord Management set for next week.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/04/mueller-russia-interference-election-case-delay-570627

BWAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAA
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Already happening. @Cyber Liberty

Judge rejects Mueller's request for delay in Russian troll farm case

A federal judge has rejected special counsel Robert Mueller’s request to delay the first court hearing in a criminal case charging three Russian companies and 13 Russian citizens with using social media and other means to foment strife among Americans in advance of the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

In a brief order Saturday evening, U.S. District Court Judge Dabney Friedrich offered no explanation for her decision to deny a request prosecutors made Friday to put off the scheduled Wednesday arraignment for Concord Management and Consulting, one of the three firms charged in the case.

The 13 people charged in the high-profile indictment in February are considered unlikely to ever appear in a U.S. court. The three businesses accused of facilitating the alleged Russian troll farm operation — the Internet Research Agency, Concord Management, and Concord Catering — were also expected to simply ignore the American criminal proceedings.

Last month, however, a pair of Washington-area lawyers suddenly surfaced in the case, notifying the court that they represent Concord Management. POLITICO reported at the time that the move appeared to be a bid to force Mueller’s team to turn over relevant evidence to the Russian firm and perhaps even to bait prosecutors into an embarrassing dismissal in order to avoid disclosing sensitive information.

On Friday, Mueller’s prosecutors disclosed that Concord’s attorneys, Eric Dubelier and Kate Seikaly, had made a slew of discovery requests demanding nonpublic details about the case and the investigation. Prosecutors also asked a judge to postpone the formal arraignment of Concord Management set for next week.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/04/mueller-russia-interference-election-case-delay-570627

BWAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAA

Breaks my heart I tellya!   000hehehehe
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It sure would be ironic if it turns out the Russians are the people to lay Mueller low.  But, what the heck, a win's a win....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
 *****rollingeyes*****
This is sooooo sweet.  Two attorneys show up for Concord Management and submit a boatload of discovery requests for information that the Justice Department does not want to reveal.

Mueller bluffed and is now going to lose.  And the effects will be felt by every other judge he goes before.

How sweet it is!

Online corbe

This is dem BS, payback for the GOP Impeaching Clinton.  They were just as fierce toward GWB as they have been to Trump BUT 9/11 shut them down, for a while. Boehner should have Impeached obummer.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
When the indictment was announced by Rosenstein, he made it clear that Americans contacted by those charged were unwitting participants and the activities didn't influence the election outcome.  However, it's nice to know some here are cheering for Russians who engaged in fraud and identity theft in the US, because they don't like Mueller.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

When the indictment was announced by Rosenstein, he made it clear that Americans contacted by those charged were unwitting participants and the activities didn't influence the election outcome.  However, it's nice to know some here are cheering for Russians who engaged in fraud and identity theft in the US, because they don't like Mueller.

Oh. He made that clear, eh? Last I saw we haven't seen the marching orders he gave Mueller. Until we see them this little weasel isn't clear about shit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I see your point.  Of course the Russians were engaged in fraud and ID theft.  They're Russians!  It's  what they do.  Heck, they don't need discovery, assuming innocence is so outdated anymore anyway. 

No, Mueller, for whatever reason, got the indictments, and now he gets to take all that comes with it.  Has nothing to do with liking Mueller, or not.  It has to do with ensuring Justice is properly executed.  If Mueller is unpleasantly surprised, it's because he didn't expect the Russians to fight back.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Oh. He made that clear, eh? Last I saw we haven't seen the marching orders he gave Mueller. Until we see them this little weasel isn't clear about shit.

That's an interesting case, too.  Mueller's attorney in the Manafort case tried to pass off "take my word on it" to the Judge in explaining his assertion of jurisdiction, and that lawyer had better pray the second memo from Rosenswine backs him up.  The Judge wasn't happy about 75% of the memo being redacted before he could see it. 

Those fireworks will be fun, too.  If that second Memo doesn't hold water there, a whole bunch of Mueller's efforts will be wasted.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

I never mentioned instructions about the overall investigation, I was talking about this specific indictment announcement.

! No longer available
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 05:51:17 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There were two possibly major developments this past couple of days, in two completely separate cases.  It's easy to get them conflated.  In the case of the story in this thread. I think it's clearly in the purview of Mueller's team.  This is the case of a number of Russians and Russian companies implicated it the so-called "Troll farms."  The surprise for Mueller here is attorneys appeared for one  (or two) of the companies, ready to fight the case, which was not expected.  I guess Mueller expected them to simply ignore the indictments because they are out of reach of the US DoJ.  Instead, there are now demands for Discovery filed, and Mueller has to decide how or if he should comply.

I would expect him to resist much of the Discovery because it probably involves sensitive intelligence.  That will probably require some rethinking on Mueller's part.  There's no slam dunk here.  Some of the indictments may be withdrawn to keep from having to disclose.  Who knows what happens now because we don't know what Mueller has on these Russians, and how much is too classified to release.

The other case that had major development is the subject of another thread we have going, involving Manafort.  Different circumstances there.  It can be hard for us non-lawyers to keep them apart, so I hope you can be patient with us, @edpc.
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

However, it's nice to know some here are cheering for Russians who engaged in fraud and identity theft in the US, because they don't like Mueller.

I'm not cheering for any Russians here.  I am cheering Mueller's plan backfiring on him.  There is no reason to indict anyone if you are unwilling to follow through.  Mueller's indictments were just for show.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It sure would be ironic if it turns out the Russians are the people to lay Mueller low.  But, what the heck, a win's a win....

There's more than one way to skin a cat......
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln