Author Topic: Giuliani: Trump reimbursed Cohen for $130,000 payment to Stormy Daniels  (Read 6790 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Giuliani: Trump reimbursed Cohen for $130,000 payment to Stormy Daniels
By Jacqueline Thomsen - 05/02/18 09:51 PM EDT

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R) said Wednesday that President Trump reimbursed his personal attorney Michael Cohen the $130,000 paid to adult film star Stormy Daniels to stay quiet about their alleged affair.

Giuliani, who recently joined Trump’s legal team, told Fox News’ Sean Hannity that the payment was “perfectly legal” and was “not campaign money,” meaning the arrangement didn’t violate campaign finance law.

“Funneled through a law firm, and the president repaid it,” Giuliani said.

"He didn’t know about the specifics of it but he did know about the general arrangement, that Michael would take care of things like this," he said.

Cohen has said that he made the payment, but that it was made with money out of his own pocket.

Trump admitted that he knew about the arrangement with Daniels during an interview with Fox & Friends last month.

DEVELOPING

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/385965-giuliani-trump-reimbursed-cohen-for-payment-to-stormy-daniels
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

Rudy was asked, "And Trump didn't know it?"  Rudy paused, his eyes went up, said, Ahh - he knew part but not the details.  When a person makes up a lie, their eyes go up.  Rudy didn't do Trump any good with what he said.

He also said Trump gave Cohen a retainer of $35,000, and Cohen did no work so that is how Trump re-paid him, by giving him retainers and no work.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 02:18:16 am by Victoria33 »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Why admit this? He should have kept his mouth shut.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rudy didn't do Trump any favors by that interview...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline ABX

Rudy didn't do Trump any favors by that interview...

This, along with Trump hiring Bill Clinton's impeachment attorney makes one wonder what we aren't being told.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rudy Giuliani riles up obstruction of justice talk with remark about why Trump fired James Comey
by Naomi Lim
 | May 02, 2018 10:15 PM

Rudy Giuliani, a new addition to President Trump's personal legal team, on Wednesday said Trump fired former FBI Director James Comey because the top law enforcement official wouldn't tell the president whether or not he was a target of the FBI investigation's into Russia interference in the 2016 election.

"He fired Comey because Comey would not — among other things — say that he wasn't a target of the investigation," Giuliani told Fox News.

"He is entitled to that. Hillary Clinton got that, and he couldn't get that. So he fired him, then he said, 'I’m free of this guy,'” the former New York City mayor added.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/rudy-giuliani-riles-up-obstruction-of-justice-talk-with-remark-about-why-trump-fired-james-comey
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Whose brilliant idea was it to have Rudy on Hannity...sheeeesh!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This, along with Trump hiring Bill Clinton's impeachment attorney makes one wonder what we aren't being told.

Ingraham is tickled pink that Flood has been hired... 9999hair out0000
Support the USO

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
“Funneled through a law firm, and the president repaid it,” Giuliani said.

What a terrible choice of words.     :thud:

No wonder Cobb bailed today.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 02:30:25 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rudy was asked, "And Trump didn't know it?"  Rudy paused, his eyes went up, said, Ahh - he knew part but not the details.  When a person makes up a lie, their eyes go up.  Rudy didn't do Trump any good with what he said.

He also said Trump gave Cohen a retainer of $35,000, and Cohen did no work so that is how Trump re-paid him, by giving him retainers and no work.

LOL..my first reaction also..reminded me of when my boys would try to lie to me..they always looked at the ceiling... :silly:
Support the USO

Offline ABX

What a terrible choice of words.     :thud:

No wonder Cobb bailed today.

And Rudy is no idiot. He knows the implication of terms like 'funnled'. If I were a Trump supporter, I would be worried he is being set up or betrayed.

Offline Frank Cannon

Boy. A lot of Russian collusion being discussed in that conversation. Looks like Little Bobbies investigation is really over the target.....wait. What? This is all about a stripper?

Well.....nevermind.

Offline ABX

Boy. A lot of Russian collusion being discussed in that conversation. Looks like Little Bobbies investigation is really over the target.....wait. What? This is all about a stripper?

Well.....nevermind.

They may be concerned about the Clinton precedent. Investigation for financial fraud in the end, turns into obstruction of justice for strategic placement of cigars in interns.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Why admit this? He should have kept his mouth shut.

Is there anyone on Earth who would believe a lawyer would fork over six figures w/o getting reimbursed (one way or another)?  So why not admit it?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

They may be concerned about the Clinton precedent. Investigation for financial fraud in the end, turns into obstruction of justice for strategic placement of cigars in interns.

At this point if Little Bobby doesn't produce on the Russian collusion and continues to trot out this inconsequential bullshit, he is staring down the barrel of irrelevancy and perpetual ridicule. The public isn't buying this as it is.

Offline edpc

At this point if Little Bobby doesn't produce on the Russian collusion and continues to trot out this inconsequential bullshit, he is staring down the barrel of irrelevancy and perpetual ridicule. The public isn't buying this as it is.

The Cohen activities are in the hands of SDNY, in case you've forgotten.  Besides, who forced Guiliani to come out with this?  So much for wrapping things up in a week or two.

Offline Frank Cannon

The Cohen activities are in the hands of SDNY, in case you've forgotten.  Besides, who forced Guiliani to come out with this?  So much for wrapping things up in a week or two.

Looks wrapped to me. Where are these subpoenas Little Bobby was going to hand down? Nowhere. Has the needle moved on this train wreck investigation since Manafart was indicted? No. As a matter of fact Little Bobby is looking like a laughing stock since those irrelevant questions leaked. "Mr Trump. What do you think about me?" "President Trump. Why don't you like my pal Jimmy?"

It's a clown show.

Offline edpc

Looks wrapped to me. Where are these subpoenas Little Bobby was going to hand down? Nowhere. Has the needle moved on this train wreck investigation since Manafart was indicted? No. As a matter of fact Little Bobby is looking like a laughing stock since those irrelevant questions leaked. "Mr Trump. What do you think about me?" "President Trump. Why don't you like my pal Jimmy?"

It's a clown show.

The needle hasn't moved on Manafort because he keeps flailing around with doomed suits and motions to have damning evidence suppressed.  We don't know the source of the leaked questions and I sincerely doubt they're verbatim.  At worst, I always thought the only thing Trump was 'guilty' of was hiring dipshits as foreign advisors in the campaign.  Since then, he and his ever changing merry band of legal incompetence have been putting out fires with class 1A liquids.  So, yes...it's definitely a clown show.

Offline Frank Cannon

The needle hasn't moved on Manafort because he keeps flailing around with doomed suits and motions to have damning evidence suppressed.  We don't know the source of the leaked questions and I sincerely doubt they're verbatim.  At worst, I always thought the only thing Trump was 'guilty' of was hiring dipshits as foreign advisors in the campaign.  Since then, he and his ever changing merry band of legal incompetence have been putting out fires with class 1A liquids.  So, yes...it's definitely a clown show.

The needle hasn't moved on anything. Besides your opinion of the players in this show me where Mueller has done anything of interest since the Manafart raid? He is coming up empty and all there is are unfounded leaks to the press that never pan out and promises of actions that never happen.

Offline edpc

The needle hasn't moved on anything. Besides your opinion of the players in this show me where Mueller has done anything of interest since the Manafart raid? He is coming up empty and all there is are unfounded leaks to the press that never pan out and promises of actions that never happen.

As much as you might like it to, the court system doesn't start trials the day after indictments.  Many of the people charged are intertwined with other open cases.  There's been a good bit of redacted content in some of the Mueller filings we've seen, so something is still in the works.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Looks like Trump has to go to confession and make an act of contrition.

@Victoria33

Offline Frank Cannon

As much as you might like it to, the court system doesn't start trials the day after indictments.  Many of the people charged are intertwined with other open cases.  There's been a good bit of redacted content in some of the Mueller filings we've seen, so something is still in the works.

Don't care about trials. Where are all the other indictments? Plea deals? All the stuff that Little Bobby leaked to The Hill last year that was going to happen? Nothing has happened since Manafart and for a good reason. There is nothing.

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

"Rudy Giuliani, a new addition to President Trump's personal legal team, on Wednesday said Trump fired former FBI Director James Comey because the top law enforcement official wouldn't tell the president whether or not he was a target of the FBI investigation's into Russia interference in the 2016 election. "He fired Comey because Comey would not — among other things — say that he wasn't a target of the investigation," Giuliani told Fox News.  "He is entitled to that. Hillary Clinton got that, and he couldn't get that. So he fired him, then he said, 'I’m free of this guy,'” the former New York City mayor added."

This may be worse than telling Trump repaid the money.  He fired Comey because he wouldn't say he wasn't a target?

Offline Frank Cannon

This may be worse than telling Trump repaid the money.  He fired Comey because he wouldn't say he wasn't a target?

Eh, Trump could fire Comey if he didn't like the way his breath smelled. It's part of his role a President.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
With friends like Rudy, Trump has little need for enemies.  This was a horrendous confession.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: