Author Topic: ‘Army Of None’: A Clear-Eyed Look At The Rise Of Autonomous Weapons  (Read 557 times)

rangerrebew

‘Army Of None’: A Clear-Eyed Look At The Rise Of Autonomous Weapons
By Capt. Ian Cruickshank, U.S. Army
on April 30, 2018

Part historical survey, part ethics discussion, part science fiction, Paul Scharre’s Army of None delivers a comprehensive look at autonomous weapons. Paul brings his years of experience as a policy expert on military technology ethics and practical experience from serving in the United States Army to deliver an easy-to-read book on autonomous weapon systems without heavy jargon.

https://taskandpurpose.com/army-none-autonomous-weapons/

Offline dfwgator

"Wonder weapons? My God, I don't see the wonder in them. Killing without heroics. Nothing is glorified, nothing is reaffirmed. No heroes, no cowards, no troops. No generals. Only those that are left alive and those that are left... dead."

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
How long before the "autonomous" weapons decide that ALL humans -- even the ones that built them -- are their "enemies" ...?

Online roamer_1

"Wonder weapons? My God, I don't see the wonder in them. Killing without heroics. Nothing is glorified, nothing is reaffirmed. No heroes, no cowards, no troops. No generals. Only those that are left alive and those that are left... dead."

Not even that... against such a thing, in federal possession, the R2KBA becomes null and void.