Author Topic: Rep. Nancy Pelosi: President Trump Might Qualify For the Nobel Peace Prize  (Read 771 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
It's possible.
By Emily Zanotti
https://www.dailywire.com/news/30032/rep-nancy-pelosi-president-trump-might-qualify-emily-zanotti

Democratic House minority leader Nancy Pelosi admitted Saturday that she believes there's a chance President Donald Trump could qualify for the Nobel Peace Prize for his role in bringing an end to the Korean War . . .

. . . “We’re a long way from that, but let’s see," Pelosi said in reference to the prize. "There’s always an opportunity for a president of the United States to qualify. Let’s see how it goes" . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EasyAce

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobel_Peace_Prize
I just thought it was a fine "hell freezes over" moment that Nancy Pelousy would actually even think about D.M. qualifying for a Nobel Peace Prize. She'd sooner have nominated Barry Goldwater for sainthood, so a reasonable man might think

But if Kim Junk Un is gaming one and all (don't some of us still believe, when it comes to dealing with recalcitrant Communists, in cutting the cards, or at least taking nothing much at face value?), perhaps the Nobel organisation would sanction a Nobel Booby Prize?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 08:46:34 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Liberals/Progressives/Democrats what ever they want to calls themselves, these people are at perpetual war with reality. They hate reality. They hate facts. They hate truth.

But 'reality' is an implacable and undefeatable opponent. Here we have Pelosi, who is the indisputable queen of living in a mega-rich bubble world immersed in some kind of fantasy world that exists only in her own head, poking her head out of crazy town and realizing that Trump is doing Great things all over the world. However, this is only temporary. Pelosi and her kind cannot survive in the real world or real reality. It eats them like acid. She will duck back in her hole and scurry away back her bizarro world freak town where she feels most comfortable. It is surprising to find out that she does in fact come up for a breath of reality once in a while. From the way she speaks and behaves, I thought reality was toxic to her.

In other 'reality' news, we now have John McCain admitting publicly that aggressive stage 4 brain cancer may in fact be just slightly more than getting the sniffles. He too has come to the 'acceptance' stage, although kicking and screaming at the idea that anything in the world could actually possibly kill him the whole way.

Liberals struggle against reality as fiercely as Satan struggles against God. They cause widespread unnecessary destruction and misery in their battle. But eventually reality always must win. It is inevitable. Even the nation of Sweden and Merkel, and Sadiq Khan, are currently being humbled by the power of reality over fantasy thinking. Maybe Trump has ushered in an era of reality. Maybe reality and fact based thinking is sweeping the world after decades of pie-in-the-sky "wish thinking"? If this is the case, it would be Trump and his supporters' Greatest Achievement, by far.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I just thought it was a fine "hell freezes over" moment that Nancy Pelousy would actually even think about D.M. qualifying for a Nobel Peace Prize. She'd sooner have nominated Barry Goldwater for sainthood, so a reasonable man might think

But if Kim Junk Un is gaming one and all (don't some of us still believe, when it comes to dealing with recalcitrant Communists, in cutting the cards, or at least taking nothing much at face value?), perhaps the Nobel organisation would sanction a Nobel Booby Prize?
"Hell freezes over" moment, indeed. My guess is the young NK leader, decided a better future for his country lies with peace, trade, joining the free world, etc.

S. Korea is something of an economic miracle. Previous economic miracles include West Germany and Japan.

In common to some extent, is being defeated at the hands of a benevolent US of A.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EasyAce

"Hell freezes over" moment, indeed. My guess is the young NK leader, decided a better future for his country lies with peace, trade, joining the free world, etc.
You'll have to forgive me if I'm in the I'll-believe-it-if-and-when-I-see-it camp on this one. It's the extremely rare Communist who changes his spots; or, at least, doesn't have something else up his sleeve when making such a decision. Something that's usually not exactly what we might have preferred and that often means more trouble in a different milieu.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 10:36:26 pm by EasyAce »

Offline Slide Rule

If Nancy can return the Nobel Peace Prize from Obysmal,
I am sure Trump would accept.

Otherwise the idea is dead in the water.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote