Author Topic: Fired 7th Fleet admiral speaks out on what caused the Fitzgerald and McCain collisions  (Read 724 times)

rangerrebew

Fired 7th Fleet admiral speaks out on what caused the Fitzgerald and McCain collisions
By: Geoff Ziezulewicz  

The former head of the Japan-based 7th Fleet who was fired in the wake of two fatal destroyer collisions in the west Pacific last summer is for the first time offering his take on what led to the disasters, while at times questioning Big Navy’s account of what transpired.

Retired Vice Adm. Joseph Aucoin was fired as 7th Fleet commander on Aug. 23, just a few days after the destroyer John S. McCain collided with a tanker near Singapore, an incident that killed 10 crew members.

A few months before that, seven other sailors died aboard the warship Fitzgerald when it was struck by a merchant vessel off Japan in June.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2018/04/27/fired-7th-fleet-admiral-speaks-out-on-what-caused-the-fitzgerald-and-mccain-collisions/

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Doing more with less and less and less
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Doing more with less and less and less

aka...   The chickens  came home to roost in Obama's systematic gutting of the military.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
The REMF who wont say no for fear of losing their job put the sailors on those ships in conditions which led to their deaths.  Then they punish their subordinates for what was sure to happen.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Fired 7th Fleet admiral speaks out on what caused the Fitzgerald and McCain collisions
By: Geoff Ziezulewicz  

The former head of the Japan-based 7th Fleet who was fired in the wake of two fatal destroyer collisions in the west Pacific last summer is for the first time offering his take on what led to the disasters, while at times questioning Big Navy’s account of what transpired.

Retired Vice Adm. Joseph Aucoin was fired as 7th Fleet commander on Aug. 23, just a few days after the destroyer John S. McCain collided with a tanker near Singapore, an incident that killed 10 crew members.

A few months before that, seven other sailors died aboard the warship Fitzgerald when it was struck by a merchant vessel off Japan in June.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2018/04/27/fired-7th-fleet-admiral-speaks-out-on-what-caused-the-fitzgerald-and-mccain-collisions/

There is a lot of truth in that article.