Author Topic: Is Kim Jong Un Playing Us?  (Read 1002 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Is Kim Jong Un Playing Us?
« on: April 29, 2018, 07:59:26 pm »
Based on history, and on what geologists have discovered, the answer seems to be: probably.
By Heather Moon
https://www.themaven.net/theresurgent/contributors/is-kim-jong-un-playing-us-mQln_McxN0mImrw72_b0hQ/?full=1

North and South Korea met in what is being called a “historic” effort to broker peace between the two nations. “The South and the North both recognize the need to end the current armistice regime and build a permanent peace regime,” read a “peace declaration” signed by leaders of both nations. Except those leaders were Kim Jong-il and President Roh Moo-hyun, and the date was October 2007. After the meeting, the South Korean leader stated “There is no longer going to be any war. The North will no longer attempt unification by force, and at the same time we will not do any harm to the North.” But actually, that was said by President Kim Dae-jung after the “historic” summit of 2000 between the two countries. I’m quite certain, though, that this time is different, and they really mean it.

The really interesting thing is that North Korea managed this time to take any discussion of human rights off the table for peace discussions before they even got started. Presumably South Korea, and America, were fine with that because instead, Kim Jong Un offered to cease North Korea’s nuclear testing program, garnering huge praise from all corners.

Yet now we get word that according to geologists, it seems that North Korea's last nuclear test actually collapsed the mountain under which the testing site lay, meaning that technically they are unable to continue their testing program anyway. Without tipping his hand, Kim worked to leverage this otherwise disastrous event to his best advantage in the upcoming peace talks.

Of course, many in the conservative media have been spiking the proverbial football after Kim made his announcement, giving President Trump all of the credit for getting Kim to agree to end the testing, but it now seems that acclamation may have been premature. Especially so in light of the fact that Kim only agreed to stop testing, and never said that he would stop or even slow down his production of weapons, nor that he would give up any existing weapons. What was really accomplished here worth celebrating? So far, not much . . .
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline DB

Re: Is Kim Jong Un Playing Us?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 08:02:22 pm »
Iran got their nukes developed via NK.

China is getting tired of the cost of their proxy.

So maybe NK's usefulness maybe coming to an end.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 08:11:16 pm »
He play us in a heartbeat.  Not so sure he would south Korea

That would be lying to family.  That would be a show stopper.

But he is a crazy wombat
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 08:50:31 pm »
That's always a concern with despots, because they can turn their policy around on a dime.  OTOH, Kim the Krazy really threw his hat over the fence when he went to South Korea last week. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 08:59:44 pm »
Is Trump playing Kim un ?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 09:02:48 pm »
Is Trump playing Kim un ?

It's like the old rule of Poker:  If you look around the table and can't figure out who the mark is....
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:03:59 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 12:15:19 am »
It's like the old rule of Poker:  If you look around the table and can't figure out who the mark is....

LOL! EXACTLY.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 12:18:36 am »
Iran got their nukes developed via NK.

China is getting tired of the cost of their proxy.

So maybe NK's usefulness maybe coming to an end.

I am with you. I think the Chinamen have had about enough of his shit and are pulling the plug.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 12:27:28 am »
I am with you. I think the Chinamen have had about enough of his shit and are pulling the plug.

He's "Bad for business."
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 12:28:52 am »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline endicom

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2018, 12:52:22 am »
He's "Bad for business."

And bad for radiation wafting across the border.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2018, 07:59:21 am »
How original of this writer, about the millionth article on this, they can't even come up with something original? This attests to, in my opinion, their shoddy journalism once again.