Author Topic: Trump administration rewrites Obama rule against transgender discrimination in health care  (Read 512 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Trump administration rewrites Obama rule against transgender discrimination in health care
Washington Times, Apr 29, 2018, Ricardo Alonso-Zaldivar  - Associated Press

WASHINGTON — Military service. Bathroom use. Job bias. And now, health care.

The Trump administration is coming under fire for rewriting a federal rule that bars discrimination in health care due to “gender identity.” Critics say it’s another attempt to undercut acceptance for transgender people.

The Health and Human Services Department rule dates to the Obama administration, a time when LGBT people gained political and social recognition. But a federal judge in Texas said the rule went too far by concluding that discrimination on the basis of gender identity is a form of sex discrimination, which is forbidden by civil rights laws.

Instead of appealing the judge’s injunction, the Trump administration has opted to rewrite the rule, which applies to health care providers and insurers receiving federal funds.

Groups representing transgender people expect the Obama protections to be gutted and are preparing to take the administration to court.

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/29/trump-administration-rewrites-obama-transgender-he/

Online Right_in_Virginia

Step by step and inch by inch @INVAR .... the pendulum *is* reversing.  And this is thanks to President Trump.

Offline dfwgator

Step by step and inch by inch @INVAR .... the pendulum *is* reversing.  And this is thanks to President Trump.

Would K-Suck done anything like this?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I gotta agree with you @Right_in_Virginia ... and this is why I support Trump.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Right_in_Virginia

I gotta agree with you @Right_in_Virginia ... and this is why I support Trump.

Me too @Emjay  :beer:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Boy it really sticks in your craw that there are people like us who will not bow down and show obeisance to your political savior.

Your showman is never getting any kind of public appreciation or acknowledgement of achievement from me.  Your compatriots have forbidden it because I am not a 100% devoted and loyal subject to your prince.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
We will see.  He should do something about California.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.