Author Topic: Michelle Wolf at White House Corresp. Dinner  (Read 15278 times)

Offline Rivergirl

Re: Mchelle Wolf at White House Corresp. Dinner
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2018, 02:53:51 pm »
When the boss 'suggests' you attend the dinner, then you attend.   Then you report back on who laughed at the jokes.
Hilarious all the snowflakes here.   Those who thought some attendees should have gotten up and left seem to have stayed tuned in to the very end.   Changing the channel is allowed........no?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2018, 02:59:08 pm »
I think about the so called 'locker room talk' from candidate Trump that was just fine with all his supporters.
Now they are shocked shocked when they hear those very same words directed AT him?
Anyone care to explain?

"Locker Room" talk is in private, not for public consumption.   

Heaven forbid if some of the things I've said privately ever come out in public.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2018, 03:08:35 pm »
I don't understand why they went.  They had to know they would just make themselves targets.  A big "kick me" note posted on their backs.

Good people trust in civility. The Left trusts and honors nothing. They have no self respect. They no respect for anything at all. It is hard for good people to grasp how these animals live.

I'm sure they will not be there next year. And that is good. Let all these rabid idiots self-congratulate each other alone. Sarah and Kellyanne only validated the whole thing by being there. I do not think they will make that mistake again.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2018, 03:09:56 pm »
I guess I am a snowflake then. I just don't think anyoneshould be degraded like that in a very public setting..but that's just me.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2018, 03:14:23 pm »

Heaven forbid if some of the things I've said privately ever come out in public.

@dfwgator

Imagine you were on a bus.  Engaging in some locker room talk and unbeknown to you the other guy was recording it.

Then released it for national news. 

Now that would suck
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2018, 03:14:37 pm »
I don't understand why they went.  They had to know they would just make themselves targets.  A big "kick me" note posted on their backs.

They had a point to prove, and they did.  They won't be back next year...let the Press bunch yuck it up all by themselves next year.  This used to be an event where the "Opponents" could get together and show what good sports they are, but the Press has reduced it to a mean-spirited two-hour hate.

Now everybody knows what we have known about the Press for a long time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2018, 03:15:43 pm »
When the boss 'suggests' you attend the dinner, then you attend.   Then you report back on who laughed at the jokes.
Hilarious all the snowflakes here.   Those who thought some attendees should have gotten up and left seem to have stayed tuned in to the very end.   Changing the channel is allowed........no?

@Rivergirl

There are jokes and then there is meanspirited trash.  This was the later.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2018, 03:15:54 pm »
@dfwgator

Imagine you were on a bus.  Engaging in some locker room talk and unbeknown to you the other guy was recording it.

Now that would suck

Indeed.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2018, 03:56:15 pm »
I guess I am a snowflake then. I just don't think anyoneshould be degraded like that in a very public setting..but that's just me.
Did you sleep through the entire primary season in 2016?  The culture has been degraded so as to be unrecognizable from just a few years ago.  The name calling, the lies, insults that continue from the white house are at the root of this debacle.   Complain all you want but be honest about the genesis of her taunting of the president.  As for Sarah, how she lives with herself is beyond me.  Two small children that will grow up knowing their mother defended the indefensible.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2018, 03:56:15 pm »
Never  heard of her...

Just another D level comic who just wrapped 15 minutes of Fame with a vulgur spiteful rant that because Donald Trump was her target...will make her the darling of the Liberal media/talk circuit.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 03:57:42 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2018, 03:57:19 pm »
Michelle Wolf’s ‘Unnecessarily Cruel’ White House Correspondents Dinner Act Ripped – By Media

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/michelle-wolf-unnecessarily-cruel-white-house-correspondents-dinner-132503744.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2018, 03:59:26 pm »
Does anyone else think of Carrot Top in drag when they see Michelle Wolf?

Carrot Top looks like Carrot Top in drag.

Oceander

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2018, 04:04:12 pm »
Carrot Top looks like Carrot Top in drag.

:thumbsup:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2018, 04:16:10 pm »
Simply Red is also getting hate tweets.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2018, 04:19:09 pm »
The could have just had Whoopi hosting.

! No longer available

Offline skeeter

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2018, 04:21:49 pm »
Michelle Wolf’s ‘Unnecessarily Cruel’ White House Correspondents Dinner Act Ripped – By Media

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/michelle-wolf-unnecessarily-cruel-white-house-correspondents-dinner-132503744.html

Wow even the NYT & Yahoo thinks this slug's routine went over the top.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 04:22:51 pm by skeeter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2018, 04:31:28 pm »
Wow even the NYT & Yahoo thinks this slug's routine went over the top.

She committed the mortal sin of proving why she writes them and doesn't deliver them.  She has no sense of "timing."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2018, 04:41:59 pm »

The "locker room talk" that Trump supporters defended was made in a public interview, and was definitely made for public consumption.

No Trump supporter who defended Trump's bragging about molesting women should care one whit about what is said about him.

The faux outrage about trash talking a trash talker is hypocritical from those who have stalwartly defended Trump's trash talk.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2018, 04:44:17 pm »

Me too.

Which is a great part of why I cannot tolerate Trump's degrading others on a regular basis.

I hate this no matter who it comes from.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2018, 04:46:30 pm »
@dfwgator

Now that would suck

Except that Trump knew his "locker room" degradation of women was being recorded.

He's not like you.  He degrades people publicly on a regular basis.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2018, 04:50:39 pm »
Me too.

Which is a great part of why I cannot tolerate Trump's degrading others on a regular basis.

Me too!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2018, 04:51:35 pm »
Wow that was disgusting and degrading. Who does she think she is; Trump's Twitter feed?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2018, 04:55:38 pm »
Me too!

Frankly, I don't understand why anyone does it.

No matter who is doing the degrading, it makes them look like badly behaved children.

Why would anyone want to look like an idiot?  I don't get it.  :shrug:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2018, 05:08:12 pm »
Frankly, I don't understand why anyone does it.

No matter who is doing the degrading, it makes them look like badly behaved children.

Why would anyone want to look like an idiot?  I don't get it.  :shrug:

I don't understand how people get any satisfaction in pubically embarrassing another person...
Support the USO

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2018, 05:08:15 pm »
Me too.

That's why I can't take any of this faux outrage today seriously. This has been going on for a while. Both sides are guilty of it and both sides feign outrage when it is done against them. We've been listening for over two years to vile things Trump has said and being told, "he just wasn't politically correct, he says what others are thinking...." Everything that was said last night could have come from Trump's Twitter feed about Rosie or Megyn Kelly. . . All those things could have come from a free republic thread about Michelle Obama or come from a DU thread before that about Laura Bush. This is what society has become and we only need a mirror to see the blame.