Author Topic: Brokaw pulls out of university commencement speech amid misconduct allegations  (Read 514 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Brokaw pulls out of university commencement speech amid misconduct allegations
By Max Greenwood - 04/27/18 03:35 PM EDT

Veteran NBC News anchor Tom Brokaw has withdrawn as the commencement speaker at Sacred Heart University in Connecticut, a day after allegations emerged that he sexually harassed two women in the 1990s.

John Petillo, the university's president, said in a letter to students, faculty and staff on Friday that he had been informed of Brokaw's decision to pull out of the engagement and that Linda McMahon, the head of the Small Business Administration, would take his place.

"This morning Tom Brokaw informed us of his decision to withdraw as our undergraduate commencement speaker," Petillo wrote in the letter, a copy of which was obtained by News 8 in New Haven, Conn.

"Given events in the news, Mr. Brokaw did not want to distract from the intended and most important focus of the day — our graduating students and their families."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/385246-brokaw-pulls-out-of-university-commencement-speech-amid-misconduct-allegations
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Well tickle my ass with a feather.  Never saw that coming.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online mountaineer

Thread about Brokaw allegations may be found in the sports/entertainment section.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I am trying to imagine the reaction from women being propositioned by Brokaw, given that crazy speech affectation he has.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.