Author Topic: California Wants to Ban Books Written by Ex-Gays  (Read 960 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

California Wants to Ban Books Written by Ex-Gays
« on: April 27, 2018, 04:52:08 pm »
SOURCE: PJ MEDIA

URL: https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/california-wants-to-ban-books-written-by-ex-gays/

by Megan Fox

The California Legislature has proposed banning the sale of books written by ex-gay people and Christians who seek to help others who want to restrain or control their sexuality. Bill AB 2943 would ban the sale of goods and services that encourage one to change his or her sexual orientation or gender expression. That's right, the left is banning books! (Don't hold your breath waiting for the American Library Association to kick up a fuss, though.) National Review reported the details:

First,  the bill by its own terms applies to very broad categories of services  and goods. Here’s the key enabling language:

1770. (a) The following unfair methods of competition and unfair or deceptive acts or practices undertaken by any person in a transaction intended to result or that results in the sale or lease of goods or services to any consumer are unlawful:

Second, a book (along with other written materials, like pamphlets or workbooks) fits within the very, very broad definition of a goods:

tangible chattels bought or leased for use primarily for personal, family, or household purposes, including certificates or coupons exchangeable for these goods, and including goods that, at the time of the sale or subsequently, are to be so affixed to real property as to become a part of real property, whether or not they are severable from the real property.

Basically, if you can buy it and move it (in other words, it’s not real estate), then it’s a good. Moreover, under the statute, “services” can include “services furnished in connection with the sale or repair of goods.” Booksellers provide “services.”

Something similar passed in Illinois, but the legislature limited it to banning minors from receiving therapy to change their sexual orientation (even if the minor wanted it). But even the Illinois Democrats weren't crazy enough to try and ban adults from buying the books or therapy they want. Not only will adults in California not be allowed to purchase the books of their choice (if this monstrosity passes the Senate), but priests will not be able to council LGBT people to be celibate even if they seek it out -- because there is no exemption for religious institutions.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: California Wants to Ban Books Written by Ex-Gays
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 05:24:29 pm »
Hard to believe a once staunchly Republican state has now morphed into a Modern Sodom and Gomorrah.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 05:26:36 pm »
Self-restraint and control of one's sexuality?   What an utterly offensive concept!   *****rollingeyes*****   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 05:46:55 pm »
Self-restraint and control of one's sexuality?   What an utterly offensive concept!   *****rollingeyes*****

Alien concept to the likes of you.  We get it Homo boy supporter for the ages.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 07:38:34 pm »
Alien concept to the likes of you.  We get it Homo boy supporter for the ages.

I'm as straight as you are, my friend. And married to the same woman for almost 40 years. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 10:06:16 pm »
The "Ann Landers question":

California --
Would the rest of the USA be better off with it, or without it...?

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 02:40:38 am »

“I’ve just flown in from California, where they’ve made homosexuality legal. I thought I’d get out before they make it compulsory.”

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 12:31:40 am »
The Left banning books?  Some things never change.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 12:33:47 am »

I take it that you are on the side of those denying free speech?  Why am I not surprised.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2018, 12:39:23 am »
I'm as straight as you are, my friend. And married to the same woman for almost 40 years.

Bless your heart.  Try to stand up for Heterosexual mores from time to time rather than your normal default position toward faggottry.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2018, 11:17:32 am »
I take it that you are on the side of those denying free speech?  Why am I not surprised.

Then be surprised.  Of course I support free speech - and the free exercise of religion.   This proposed California law is unAmerican, let alone unConstitutional.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2018, 11:28:19 am »
Try to stand up for Heterosexual mores from time to time rather than your normal default position toward faggottry.

What are "heterosexual mores"?   Divorce?  Adultery?  Promiscuity? 

I have no "default position toward faggotry".  When it comes to mores,  I advocate for marriage and monogamy.  Too many homosexuals are promiscuous.  Too many straight folks too.   But at least straight folks have the support and approval of the church and community to marry and form families.   My support for marriage equality has always been in recognition of my friends, relatives, neighbors and colleagues who love and are loyal toward their partners,  but for whom the community (until recently) never afforded recognition and respect,  and for whom the church still offers nothing but bullshiit and condemnation.