Author Topic: Russian from Trump Tower meeting: 'I am a lawyer, and I am an informant'  (Read 719 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Russian from Trump Tower meeting: 'I am a lawyer, and I am an informant'
By John Bowden - 04/27/18 09:46 AM EDT

Natalia Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer who met with Donald Trump Jr. and others at Trump Tower during the 2016 presidential race, appears to have greater ties to the Russian government than she previously admitted.

The New York Times reports that Veselnitskaya in at least one instance worked for Russia’s chief legal office against the U.S. Justice Department in a fraud case targeting a top Russian firm with government connections.

And in an interview set to be broadcast by NBC News on Friday, Veselnitskaya calls herself an "informant" for the Russian government, an admission that goes further than her previous claims of just being a private attorney.

“I am a lawyer, and I am an informant,” she says in the NBC interview. “Since 2013, I have been actively communicating with the office of the Russian prosecutor general.”

more
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/385156-lawyer-from-trump-tower-meeting-had-closer-ties-to-russia-than
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

No mention of her meeting with Fusion GPS.

Offline Frank Cannon

She is so important that Mueller hasn't even interviewed her. Way to manufacture shit The Hill.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
There is no reason for Mueller to interview her. She’s unreliable, misrepresents herself to everyone, and changes her story constantly. She was denied a visa, then lied about the reason for needing it, showed up at Trump Tower under false pretenses, and has lied about her role multiple times, since.  She met Senate Intel members in Berlin.  She’s probably not allowed in the country. Even if she was, she would not come here, because she is aware he could be charged, like Van Der Zwaan.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 05:50:39 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I miss the old Hill when they just put out the weekly "Trump Is Furious" story.

Sigh. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
We already knew that she was associated with the Russian government.

Offline GrouchoTex

We already knew that she was associated with the Russian government.

Exactly, this isn't really news.
It's been out there for quite awhile.