Author Topic: Breaking>>.Bill Cosby found guilty  (Read 2638 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Breaking>>.Bill Cosby found guilty
« on: April 26, 2018, 05:53:33 pm »
Just breaking...guilty on all three counts

NORRISTOWN, Pa. (AP) — The Latest on Bill Cosby’s sexual assault retrial (all times local):

1:50 p.m.

Bill Cosby has been convicted of drugging and molesting a woman in the first big celebrity trial of the #MeToo era.

A jury outside Philadelphia convicted the “Cosby Show” star of three counts of aggravated indecent assault on Thursday. The guilty verdict came less than a year after another jury deadlocked on the charges.

Cosby was charged with violating Temple University employee Andrea Constand at his suburban Philadelphia home in 2004. His lawyer called Constand a “con artist” who leveled false accusations against Cosby so she could sue him.

Cosby could get up to 10 years in prison on each of the counts.

Dozens of women have come forward in recent years to say he drugged and assaulted them. Five of the other accusers testified against him at the retrial.

The Associated Press does not typically identify people who say they are victims of sexual assault unless they grant permission. Constand has done so.

more
https://apnews.com/692bf26493964b19afe90300b5c4ad95
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 05:55:13 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Breaking>>.Bill Cosby found guilty
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 05:55:22 pm »
wow

so a blind 80+ year old cosby is gonna be sent to what prison?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 05:56:10 pm »
Shit. Now NBC is going to have to cancel his show.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 05:59:10 pm »
How the mighty have fallen.

I will always be disappointed that a man who did so much good was so deeply bad.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 06:09:30 pm »
Shit. Now NBC is going to have to cancel his show.

I See the "Bounce" Network ( A BET subsidiary) still shows his reruns. 

Nice to be immune to optics and hypocrisy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 06:12:40 pm »
wow

so a blind 80+ year old cosby is gonna be sent to what prison?
Doubtful he will serve inside a prison.

More like years of appeals, while out on bail he can easily afford.

The bigger lesson, however, is for males that might think twice before risking their freedom for the sake of a crime.

He is a tragic figure. Good actor, great comedian.

Rape is said to be an act, not of sex, but of power and violence.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 06:23:01 pm »
To think, had it not been for that Pound Cake Speech, he never would've been a target, and he would've likely gotten away with the crimes he committed.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 06:33:05 pm »
How the mighty have fallen.

I will always be disappointed that a man who did so much good was so deeply bad.
@musiclady
Agreed.

A great comedian, a humanitarian . . . who almost got away with rape.

I notice now that, on YouTube, you get a long phalanx of videos regarding the trial and the verdict, as if his
vintage comedy albums and routines are now toxic.

And he has no one to blame but himself. Nobody put a gun to his head and told him to drug the women he
planned to have sexually, against their will. Regardless of the "Pound Cake" speech (which, yes, I
applauded when he gave it) and its controversies.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 06:36:23 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 06:41:32 pm »
I can hear it now ... "But Trump!"  :shrug:
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 06:48:42 pm »
For years, Cosby enjoyed wealth and adoration beyond what most of us can imagine - while his victims suffered painfully.  I have no sympathy for him.  None.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 06:49:24 pm »
For years, Cosby enjoyed wealth and adoration beyond what most of us can imagine - while his victims suffered painfully.  I have no sympathy for him.  None.

Nope.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2018, 07:42:55 pm »
Well, this will get the Me Too chippies all excited.  I guess now every guy with a dollar to his name will be accused of some impropriety, real or imagined.  In fact, it's already started.  It will just get a lot worse. 

Mind you -- I believe a woman comes forward when she is really assaulted and not be afraid to do so.  But there are plenty of chiseling women out there who will make false accusations for a pile of cash.  And doing so will make it harder for those who really have been assaulted.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2018, 08:17:10 pm »
When I was a kid in sixties Cosby's albums were the most coveted ones around. His monologues were different from anything else that was out at the time. And people of all ethnicities could laugh at them because his humor appealed to everybody.
But I began reading about the other side of Cosby years later when it was revealed he had a real angry side to him. There was an incident at a Hollywood party 30-40 years ago where Tommy Smothers approached him from behind and tapped him on the shoulder. 
Cosby turned around and knocked Smothers down. 
I read that and I was shocked. I thought Cosby was this funny guy who liked people. It looks like he always held a grudge against white people.
But I never thought he'd be capable of the crimes he committed later.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2018, 08:29:33 pm »
There's always room for Jello Quaaludes.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Millee

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2018, 08:30:54 pm »
Jailll-O 

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 08:40:24 pm »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 08:42:15 pm »
I can't stand Cosby but notice many of his accusors look like man hating dykes? What's up with that?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 08:48:20 pm »
When I was a kid in sixties Cosby's albums were the most coveted ones around. His monologues were different from anything else that was out at the time. And people of all ethnicities could laugh at them because his humor appealed to everybody.
But I began reading about the other side of Cosby years later when it was revealed he had a real angry side to him. There was an incident at a Hollywood party 30-40 years ago where Tommy Smothers approached him from behind and tapped him on the shoulder. 
I read that and I was shocked. I thought Cosby was this funny guy who liked people. It looks like he always held a grudge against white people.

My brother and I had his albums.  Why Is There Air was my favorite. 

I didn't know about the Tommy Smothers incident, but from what I have read, many funny people on tv and in the movies are not all that pleasant to be around in real life.  A number of them have mental health issues and/or addictions.  For some of them, the dark side is what makes them funny in the media.

I used to admire Cosby because he would encourage young black people to stay in school, work hard and keep their noses clean.  This was in sharp contrast to supposed leaders like Revs. Al and Jesse who thought black people were always owed something.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 08:48:34 pm »
I can't stand Cosby but notice many of his accusors look like man hating dykes? What's up with that?
I didn't know that just because your victim looks like a man-hating lesbian it means you're innocent of rape.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 08:53:37 pm »
The second saddest part of this affair (the saddest, of course, is that he is guilty of sexual assault) is that he was a great
comedian once upon a time. These remain favourites of mine . . .

Bill Cosby, "200 MPH"

! No longer available

Bill Cosby, "Chicken Heart"

! No longer available

Bill Cosby, "Noah"

! No longer available

Bill Cosby, "The Grandparents"

! No longer available

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 08:57:21 pm »
Remember when we thought Phylicia Rashad's cocaine addiction and Lisa Bonet's part in Angel Heart were the Cosby Show scandals?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2018, 09:02:41 pm »
This is how I first heard of Bill Cosby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiWEyUMm5Lo
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Millee

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2018, 09:27:13 pm »

You wouldn't remember the name of that book, by chance??  Would like to check it out. 

@goatprairie

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2018, 09:43:36 pm »
You wouldn't remember the name of that book, by chance??  Would like to check it out. 

@goatprairie
Mark Whitaker, Cosby: His Life & Times.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2018, 11:38:04 pm »

@goatprairie
Not a book, just some sort of magazine article. Probably before the internet. The story might be on the internet.
 Supposedly, Smothers and Cosby were friends.  I guess Cosby wasn't as close a friend as Smothers thought he was.