Author Topic: Tariffs Could Impact Local Beef Industry  (Read 1126 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Tariffs Could Impact Local Beef Industry
« on: April 25, 2018, 06:22:41 pm »

The local beef industry could be impacted if China places additional tariffs on products from the U.S.
"Proposed tariffs from China in retaliation are counter to the tariffs as proposed to the U.S. are of significant importance to the U.S. beef market," says Ross Wilson, the CEO of Texas Cattle Feeders Association.
The Texas Cattle Feeders Association tells us if these tariffs go into place, Chinese consumers would be paying more for U.S. beef, which would put producers at a disadvantage....

http://www.myhighplains.com/news/tariffs-could-impact-local-beef-industry/1140634817

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Tariffs Could Impact Local Beef Industry
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 06:50:25 pm »
I wonder if the price of beef would come down here?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 09:40:04 pm »
I hope so! Beef is a rare menu item in my abode unless there is a good sale.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 09:51:07 pm »
Chinese consumers would be paying more for U.S. beef, which would put producers at a disadvantage

Well if you would make your prices reasonable in the States, you stupid son of a bitch, maybe you could sell your shit here and not have to depend on what the Chinamen are doing.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 02:19:30 pm »
Best bet to reduce the price of beef is to eliminate the ethanol subsidies which prop up the price of corn, the main feed used in the cattle industry.

It would also greatly reduce the price of gasoline, improve mpg and reduce the maintenance problems on outboard motors and small engines.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 03:06:41 pm »
Best bet to reduce the price of beef is to eliminate the ethanol subsidies which prop up the price of corn, the main feed used in the cattle industry.

It would also greatly reduce the price of gasoline, improve mpg and reduce the maintenance problems on outboard motors and small engines.

Good points.