Author Topic: Dems win majority in New York Senate, but won't control it  (Read 553 times)

Offline corbe

Dems win majority in New York Senate, but won't control it
« on: April 25, 2018, 03:45:44 am »
Dems win majority in New York Senate, but won't control it

By Reid Wilson - 04/24/18 10:27 PM EDT

Democrats won special elections to fill two open state Senate seats in New York on Tuesday, giving the party a majority in the legislative chamber for the first time in years.

But, in an only-in-New-York twist of fate, Republicans will maintain control of the state Senate, at least through the end of the legislative session scheduled to conclude in June.

The outcome of Tuesday's contests were hardly surprises. One district, based in The Bronx, gave Hillary Clinton an incredible 93 percent of the vote in 2016. The other, based in Westchester County, where the Clintons have a home, gave Clinton 59 percent of the vote against President Trump.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/384745-dems-win-majority-in-new-york-senate-but-wont-control-it
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Dems win majority in New York Senate, but won't control it
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 03:55:54 am »
There are still Republicans in NY State? Who knew.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 04:00:27 am »
   I don't think it's just a coincidence that 18 months after Trump moves to DC the NY Republican Party loses the Senate there. 
   It just goes to show you his Campaign Donations were after all, keeping them alive /s
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 04:09:33 am »
   I don't think it's just a coincidence that 18 months after Trump moves to DC the NY Republican Party loses the Senate there. 
   It just goes to show you his Campaign Donations were after all, keeping them alive /s

Do you really not know why the Rats are in full control of the state?

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/albany/2018/03/22/upstate-ny-has-population-problem/448880002/

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 04:17:06 am »
    You know Frank I was just making a joke, cause I personally don't give a $hit about NY or NYC either way, similar to the way they feel about me. They started the ball rolling on hellary's miserable political career putting her in the US Senate, the icing on the cake~Trump.  Screw em.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 06:47:08 am »
There are still Republicans in NY State? Who knew.
If you didn't know the GOP had control of the NY Senate, then it really doesn't count as a loss for the GOP.  #MAGA