Author Topic: Former NRA President Doubles Down: Yeti Demanded NRA Cease Using Cooler Company Logo After Parkland  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breitbart by AWR Hawkins 24 Apr 2018

NRA President and current Unified Sportsmen of Florida (USF) Executive Director Marion Hammer says Yeti coolers demanded the NRA cease using the cooler company’s logo after the Parkland school shooting.

---On Tuesday, Hammer emailed Breitbart News a response to the Yeti statement. The statement said:

YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing “recent events” as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can’t run from the facts.

More: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/04/24/former-nra-president-doubles-yeti-demanded-nra-cease-using-cooler-company-logo/

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Yeti better get on the right side of this issue before it is too late. 

Or is it too late?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So the NRA refused to accept Yeti's bullshit excuse.  Your move, Yeti.

And a good dollop of shame for the folks so quick to accept Yeti's Press Release, and trash NRA-ILA.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Marion Hammer has not always been an honest broker for the NRA...I'm not saying this exchange with Yeti didn't happen...but if she's got a letter where Yetti is refusing in the grounds she claims she needs to make it public.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Demands to remove logo is common when ending a business relationship.  Yeti makes a good product but they screwed up here.  Probably not fatally but close.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline verga

I am waiting to see something in writing before making a comment.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I am waiting to see something in writing before making a comment.

What do you expect to see in "writing"?   The NRA has made its statement.   YETI called them liars and said they support the 2nd amendment (but did not say anything about the NRA).

Its obvious what happened.   YETI decided they didn't want to be associated with the NRA but thought nobody would notice.    YETI comes across as very egotistical in their communications IMO.   

YETI makes a good product at a premium price.  Some of their products are manufactured outside of America.   Many of their competitors are 100% American made.    Many of their competitors make an equally good product but lack the brand image (for now).   YETI has destroyed their brand with this fiasco and driven loyal customers away.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What do you expect to see in "writing"?   The NRA has made its statement.   YETI called them liars and said they support the 2nd amendment (but did not say anything about the NRA).

Its obvious what happened.   YETI decided they didn't want to be associated with the NRA but thought nobody would notice.    YETI comes across as very egotistical in their communications IMO.   

YETI makes a good product at a premium price.  Some of their products are manufactured outside of America.   Many of their competitors are 100% American made.    Many of their competitors make an equally good product but lack the brand image (for now).   YETI has destroyed their brand with this fiasco and driven loyal customers away.

Yeti's statement was about how much they support hunting.  That's not the same thing as supporting the 2nd Amendment.  It was a weasel-worded dodge.  Their Press Release does not contradict the accusations raised by NRA-AIL.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'd never heard of "Yeti" before this brouhaha, and I still don't know what kind of products they sell...  ;)

Offline Frank Cannon

I'd never heard of "Yeti" before this brouhaha, and I still don't know what kind of products they sell...  ;)

They make ugly, extremely overpriced coolers for beer.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
ALERT! Can't Wait for Your YETI Cover Up Stickers?

DATE:    May 8, 2018
TO:    USF & NRA Member and Friends
     USF Executive Director
     NRA Past President

Approximately 100,000 free stickers, proudly displaying the message "I STAND WITH THE NRA FOUNDATION," were distributed at the NRA Annual Meeting in Dallas, Texas last week.  These stickers were designed to cover up the YETI name on YETI coolers.  They show that you stand with the NRA Foundation after YETI made the political decision to stop doing business with the NRA Foundation.

Last month we urged you to do the following:
"Don’t blow up your Yeti cooler. Don’t shoot your Yeti cooler full of holes.  Don’t chain your Yeti cooler to the back of your pick-up truck and drag it down the highway. Don’t glue a toilet seat to Yeti cooler. Don’t hang your Yeti cooler in a tree and beat it with a baseball bat.

"Put a big “I STAND WITH THE NRA FOUNDATION" sticker on your YETI cooler and keep using it. They cost too much money to destroy to make a statement.  Let a sticker make your statement."

The stickers are free and will be distributed at Friends of NRA Banquets and Auctions all over the country this year.  To find a Friends of NRA Banquet and Auction in your area and purchase tickets for the event, go here:

http://www.nramedia.org/t/9960937/162353031/47487/7/

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
President North has got some good political savvy. 

In two years any company, vendor, etc. serving the hunters, enthusiast, etc. will be shaking in their shoes, at the prospect of doing anything that remotely looks like it is a threat to 2A.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

President North has got some good political savvy. 

In two years any company, vendor, etc. serving the hunters, enthusiast, etc. will be shaking in their shoes, at the prospect of doing anything that remotely looks like it is a threat to 2A.

Will Ollie "shred" them up?

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Yeti is redneck bling. They really sheeyut and stepped back in it.
Countdown to Resignation