Author Topic: Near Detroit, this impromptu lineup of truckers help save the life of a man contemplating suicide  (Read 568 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Great story.  I hope the guy gets is able to deal with his problems now.
By Dan Calabrese

This is an extraordinary story – not only of the quick thinking and compassion of police officers but also of the compassion of a random bunch of truck drivers, who had no idea when they set out last night that they would ever be part of something like this.

The fact that the whole thing happened just two miles from my home makes it that much more striking to me, but everyone should find inspiration in this.

Last night around 1 a.m. (technically this morning, I guess), a man wandered onto the Coolidge Hwy. overpass at I-696 and threatened to take is own life by jumping....

http://hermancain.com/near-detroit-this-impromptu-lineup-of-truckers-help-save-the-life-of-a-man-contemplating-suicide/

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yes, I thought so.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Mrs. Liberty's ex was a LAPD, and he had to talk a few of these "jumpers" down.  Sometimes they jumped anyway, and it was terrible for him when they did.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
It's been done before.

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."