Author Topic: Don't be surprised if your doctor asks you about guns  (Read 15169 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Don't be surprised if your doctor asks you about guns
« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2018, 07:08:25 pm »
Sure.  Diane Feinstein.  There have been politicians freaking out about guns my whole live, and I just turned 60.

The first gun control laws were passed in the late 1500s in Europe.  Shortly after firearms were invented.   They were proposed for the same reasons as today, because they scare the govt tyrants.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #151 on: April 24, 2018, 07:09:09 pm »
Is that the idjit running for Sheriff somewhere?

North Carolina.

Eff him, he's a laughingstock. 

Not to the despotic morons applauding him he's not.  Neither is it to a huge swath of the electorate in the county he's running (Asheville).  The San Fransisco of the East.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #152 on: April 24, 2018, 07:10:50 pm »
Sure.  Diane Feinstein.  There have been politicians freaking out about guns my whole life, and I just turned 60.
Point conceded
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #153 on: April 24, 2018, 07:11:10 pm »
I can't help but laugh at the idea that registering guns in Idaho will stop them from killing people in Baltimore. Guns are already registered. I have filled out the forms many times. The government is aware of every gun I ever bought.

I bet we could make cars safer by requiring that owners register them with the state. If it saves one life, it will be worth it.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2018, 07:15:11 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
@Victoria33

We're having a lovely spring.  Today is 55 and rainy.   I'm holding on for dear life to every cool day.

I just punched up my weather forecast.  Upper 90's. **nononono*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2018, 07:19:33 pm »
Point conceded

Doesn't deny the fact that you have to watch these peckerwoods every damned second.  They'll walk on the bodies of dead children to promote their goals...they're doing it right now, as @INVAR would say, to thunderous applause.

It's that Chess game I was talking about earlier.  They can't do diddly to us as long as they can't get our weapons away from us, whether we intend to use them or not.  Their mere existence sticks in their craw.  Look at the terms our hyperbolic friend in this thread uses to describe our beliefs.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2018, 07:33:55 pm »
Yeah, that sounded even more idiotic when it went down on paper, didn't it?  "Why, criminals will naturally just hand over their weapons when they're illegal." 
 :banghead:

They can't keep guns out of geographically tiny Chicago, New York, and LA... How the hell do they think they can keep them out of the whole damn country?

They can't keep truckloads of illegal aliens and illegal drugs out of the country... How the hell are they going to stop truckloads of illegal firearms and ammunition?

The premise is absurd on its face. Wholly ludicrous. Laughable.

How anyone thinks that way...  9999hair out0000 *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2018, 07:39:07 pm »
They can't keep guns out of geographically tiny Chicago, New York, and LA... How the hell do they think they can keep them out of the whole damn country?

They can't keep truckloads of illegal aliens and illegal drugs out of the country... How the hell are they going to stop truckloads of illegal firearms and ammunition?

The premise is absurd on its face. Wholly ludicrous. Laughable.

They have the arrogance to believe people will do what they are told.  Judges and lawyers are notorious for this idiocy. They are shocked (shocked! ) when someone defies them.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2018, 07:42:34 pm »

Blue skies and sixties for the first time this year today... Lilacs and willows are budding out... Still, nobody is saying that 'S' word, for fear of jinxing it.

I have to get the tractor running so I can mow this place. Touchy business... If I do it too soon, it will snow a couple feet. If I wait to long, it will grow a couple feet...  :shrug:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2018, 07:42:44 pm »

Tyrants and advocates for tyranny ALWAYS "think" that way, because stopping predators on the populace is not the goal.

Eradicating the ability of the people to resist them IS the goal.

They have the arrogance to believe people will do what they are told.  Judges and lawyers are notorious for this idiocy. They are shocked (shocked! ) when someone defies them.

Exactly.  They are not only shocked, but outraged that any would dare openly defy their ideas or openly discuss defying the agents of the state they want to empower to enforce their tyranny.

Like I said - they are going to have to empower their government to kill a whole lot of us.

Which is what some of them openly state they want to do anyway.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2018, 07:50:51 pm »
Tyrants and advocates for tyranny ALWAYS "think" that way, because stopping predators on the populace is not the goal.

That is EXACTLY right. Their means are ineffective for any other thing.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #161 on: April 24, 2018, 08:27:14 pm »

. . . Like I said - they are going to have to empower their government to kill a whole lot of us.

What paranoid bullcrap.  We aren't a tyranny, we are a Constitutional republic, based on the rule of law.   

This is the sort of talk that unfortunately gives conservatives a reputation as violent whackjobs.  Thankfully, INVAR has renounced the GOP -  the party hardly needs to be associated with such douchebaggery.     
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 08:33:12 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #162 on: April 24, 2018, 08:29:38 pm »
What paranoid bullcrap.  We aren't a tyranny, we are a Constitutional republic.   

This is the sort of talk that unfortunately gives conservatives a reputation as whackjobs.   

@Jazzhead
It takes more than words to keep us a Constitutional Republic.

You twist the Constitution to mean what you want it to mean.  You undermine the rule of law.

The left has openly stated what they want and it aint empowerment of the American citizen.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #163 on: April 24, 2018, 09:08:00 pm »
What paranoid bullcrap. 

History speaks as well as the human nature of tyranny advocates like you. 

As I said, tyrants and advocates like you are not interested in stopping criminals, but eradicating the ability of the people to resist you when you attempt to implement your ideas using the government to do so.

We aren't a tyranny, we are a Constitutional republic, based on the rule of law.

Your ideas and advocacy undermine the rule of law and obliterate the idea of a Constitutional Republic.  Your ideas are PRECISELY a tyranny, and we will consider any attempt to implement your agenda and ideas as over tyranny and treat it as such.   

This is the sort of talk that unfortunately gives conservatives a reputation as violent whack jobs.

Only to Leftists, Communists and intolerant douchebags that think like you do.

Thankfully, INVAR has renounced the GOP -  the party hardly needs to be associated with such douchebaggery.   

Considering your party is now associated with the entirety of the Democrat Leftist agenda, including gun grabs - my renunciation is justified.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #164 on: April 24, 2018, 09:50:24 pm »
What paranoid bullcrap.  We aren't a tyranny, we are a Constitutional republic, based on the rule of law.   

This is the sort of talk that unfortunately gives conservatives a reputation as violent whackjobs.  Thankfully, INVAR has renounced the GOP -  the party hardly needs to be associated with such douchebaggery.   
@Jazzhead

I notice you’re still too gutless to confirm that you’ll be volunteering to go door knocking to implement your bullshit plot...scurry along to DU... they love gun grabbers over there.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 10:20:51 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #165 on: April 24, 2018, 11:04:05 pm »
How boring.  I waste hours sitting in a stupid meeting at work, and the lecturing is still rolling on when I get back.  Our own version of Davy Hogg is still arguing  bullshit with us old-ass people, needing him to show us how to operate our government and our lives. *****rollingeyes*****
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2018, 01:44:27 am »

As I said, tyrants and advocates like you are not interested in stopping criminals, but eradicating the ability of the people to resist you when you attempt to implement your ideas using the government to do so.

What else can I say except you're out of your mind.  But I love getting you going.   :laugh:

Your ideas and advocacy undermine the rule of law and obliterate the idea of a Constitutional Republic.  Your ideas are PRECISELY a tyranny, and we will consider any attempt to implement your agenda and ideas as over tyranny and treat it as such. 

Oh please.  I advocate simple registration, to give law enforcement the tools it needs to ascertain where criminals get their guns.   No threat or  burden to you, unless you sell or buy guns off the back of trucks.     

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2018, 01:53:36 am »
What else can I say except you're out of your mind.  But I love getting you going.   :laugh:

Oh please.  I advocate simple registration, to give law enforcement the tools it needs to ascertain where criminals get their guns.   No threat or  burden to you, unless you sell or buy guns off the back of trucks.     

Either you're stupid or you think we're stupid enough to believe that criminals who sell and buy guns are going to start registering their guns.  Get the Rochester out of here with that bullshit.  The only other explanation is that you, being a douchebag lawyer, must stand to make some money off of this registration scam you're hyping.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2018, 02:02:11 am »
Either you're stupid or you think we're stupid enough to believe that criminals who sell and buy guns are going to start registering their guns.  Get the Rochester out of here with that bullshit.  The only other explanation is that you, being a douchebag lawyer, must stand to make some money off of this registration scam you're hyping.

I like your style.   :smokin:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2018, 02:07:48 am »
I like your style.   :smokin:

Especially when she's so damned correct about something.  Of her two possibilities she lists right upfront, my money's on the second.  He's misguided but certainly not stupid.
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2018, 02:40:40 am »
Oh please.  I advocate simple registration, to give law enforcement the tools it needs to ascertain where criminals get their guns.

No.  What you advocate is a war and a bloodbath, because as you noted earlier - our refusal to comply with your stupid tyrannical idea will have you applauding cops with guns being sent in to enforce your bullshit "law".  Rest assured, that act will have Unintended Consequences for you and the nation itself should any idiots with influence actually attempt it.

No threat or  burden to you, unless you sell or buy guns off the back of trucks.     

Yes it is.  It is a DIRECT THREAT TO OUR LIVES and it will be regarded and treated as such.  As if you put the gun to our heads yourself and told us to "Register your guns or else get a bullet between the eyes".

Of course all of us on this board know you are too chicken-shit a coward to have the guts to actually try to enforce your stupid idea of registration yourself.  But, you should know that your stupid idea will cause a whole lot of bad to come down on both Patriots and tyrants.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2018, 03:16:39 am »

But no... you can't get next to what we here in Texas call "True Grit".  And you never will.

Silver Pines

« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2018, 11:14:26 am »

@Cyber Liberty

Holy cow!  🔥

Offline thackney

« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2018, 11:59:00 am »
Registration is about taking responsibility, not deprivation of your rights.  You are legally responsible for the use, transfer and disposition of your firearms.  Do you really disagree with that statement?   Registration is a reasonable tool by which the peaceable community can enforce that responsibility.   

@Jazzhead

I would like to explore this claim.

Let us start with use.  How does registration of a firearm enforce responsible use of a firearm as compared to an unregistered firearm?  What has changed impacting use?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #174 on: April 25, 2018, 05:08:51 pm »
@thackney,  I will try to address your question when I have the time to do so.