Author Topic: Professor shouts ‘f*** your life!’ at conservative student during class; college is investigating  (Read 2734 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
A New Jersey college professor shouted “f*** your life!” at a politically conservative student during a class last week — an incident that was caught on cellphone video — and now Brookdale Community College in Lincroft is investigating, NJ.com reported.

Professor Howard Finkelstein got upset with his student, Christopher Lyle, during a sociology class discussion last Wednesday, shouted “f*** your life!” at Lyle and pounded his hand on a table, the outlet reported.

Lyle told NJ.com he had insisted in class that men and women can be victims of sexual harassment, and then Finkelstein’s outburst followed. Lyle — who identifies as conservative — added to the outlet that it was one of many times he and the professor disagreed this semester.

Read more at: https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/04/18/professor-shouts-f-your-life-at-conservative-student-during-class-college-is-investigating
The Republic is lost.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
But this is MORE important to the college:

Lyle reported Finkelstein’s alleged discrimination to college administrators — one of whom expressed concern Lyle was a gun-owner and wanted to know whether he needed a mental health evaluation.

Dare to complain, and suddenly you need a 'mental health evaluation'.

How positively SOVIET of them!

This is how millions ended up in Siberia or in mass graves. 

Nothing new under the sun for those who subscribe to that ideology.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WingNot

But this is MORE important to the college:

Dare to complain, and suddenly you need a 'mental health evaluation'.

How positively SOVIET of them!

This is how millions ended up in Siberia or in mass graves. 

Nothing new under the sun for those who subscribe to that ideology.

He will be removed from school I am sure. 

Brookdale student conduct and compliance manager Christopher Jeune allegedly told Lyle he “can’t sleep at night knowing own guns with this video circulating around the Internet,” the student said to TheDCNF.

“They are more concerned about my gun ownership that I obtained legally than this professor’s conduct,” Lyle said.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
He will be removed from school I am sure.

Oh I am certain too.

See, in this brave new world of our very near future, if you own a gun, smoke or are the wrong skin color - you don't get to go to school, have a bank account, get a loan, or make a living.

This is how you get a population of slaves beholden to the State.

And we are well on our way to that reality in our lifetimes if not sooner.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Oh I am certain too.

See, in this brave new world of our very near future, if you own a gun, smoke or are the wrong skin color - you don't get to go to school, have a bank account, get a loan, or make a living.

This is how you get a population of slaves beholden to the State.

And we are well on our way to that reality in our lifetimes if not sooner.

Smoke? 

I think you've jumped the shark.

What I'd like to know is why any self-respecting conservative would be taking a sociology class.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline andy58-in-nh

Go easy on the poor guy: he's a "professor of sociology", which means that he barely has the life skills to feed himself and clean up after he goes to the potty. 

If it weren't for academia, he'd probably starve.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Go easy on the poor guy: he's a "professor of sociology", which means that he barely has the life skills to feed himself and clean up after he goes to the potty. 

888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WingNot

:pondering:

Can't argue with that!.  Nope... Not one bit.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Smoke? 

I think you've jumped the shark.

You're too wrapped up in your Liberal cubicle to notice what goes on out in the real-world.

Have a nephew that lost his job because they found out he is a smoker.  They caught him in his car eating lunch and having a cigarette and was fired.  12 years at the company - gone.

Because the company adopted a zero-tolerance no smoking policy for their employees.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Yup.  There's nothing more worthless than a sociology degree.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You're too wrapped up in your Liberal cubicle to notice what goes on out in the real-world.

Have a nephew that lost his job because they found out he is a smoker.  They caught him in his car eating lunch and having a cigarette and was fired.  12 years at the company - gone.

Because the company adopted a zero-tolerance no smoking policy for their employees.

And he was caught violating their policy (he likely represented to his employer that he was a non-smoker, who in turn represented that fact to its insurance company in order to obtain more favorable rates).  I have little sympathy.  A private employer can set the terms of employment, and can (or should be able to)  fire those who violate such terms.  I think it's a bit foolish for employers to refuse to hire smokers,  but liberty includes the right to make foolish decisions.   

By the way,  smokers should claim they're addicted and subject to a disability.  That way the government may protect them! 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Offline WingNot

All the profs looked the same.

Offline GrouchoTex

My daughter had a sociology class at the community college level, before she transferred to the University.
Sometimes, it's the only "ology" left to take, at a small campus, that you can get the credits for, that will transfer over.
She had a similar type teacher.
This was 20 years ago, and her teacher blamed white people on everything.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Not for gubbermint work. A Sociology degree can make you an officer. Or a department head. Gubbermint is a whole different world from reality.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Tyrants never do.

A private employer is a tyrant?  Does your nephew have a "right" to this employer's job and money?   He was hired in good faith and represented himself to be a non-smoker.  He lied, and his employer caught him, and so he was fired.

Where's the tyranny?   Why not stop making excuses for your nephew's cavalier attitude regarding his word and honor?   

Offline andy58-in-nh

Except for "Women's Studies".
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline RoosGirl

And he was caught violating their policy (he likely represented to his employer that he was a non-smoker, who in turn represented that fact to its insurance company in order to obtain more favorable rates).  I have little sympathy.  A private employer can set the terms of employment, and can (or should be able to)  fire those who violate such terms.  I think it's a bit foolish for employers to refuse to hire smokers,  but liberty includes the right to make foolish decisions.   

By the way,  smokers should claim they're addicted and subject to a disability.  That way the government may protect them!

You, of all people, are lecturing us about a private employer being able to set his own terms of business?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Where's the tyranny?   Why not stop making excuses for your nephew's cavalier attitude regarding his word and honor?   

He was a Marine.  Worked there for a decade when smoking was no problem even in their break room. 

That he was on his own time, in his own property and was simply ratted on by another who saw him smoking is simply the evidence I presented to show your 'jump the shark' comment the ignorance that it is.

It is actually you that has no honor.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You, of all people, are lecturing us about a private employer being able to set his own terms of business?

When it comes to pushing homosexuality - Jazzhead is all over having government tell a business how it must run.

Double Standards and hypocrisy is the hallmark of Liberals and Leftist tyrants like Jazzhead.

Offline RoosGirl

When it comes to pushing homosexuality - Jazzhead is all over having government tell a business how it must run.

Double Standards and hypocrisy is the hallmark of Liberals and Leftist tyrants like Jazzhead.

The most fun part for me is that the irony will be lost on him.   :laugh:

Offline WingNot

Except for "Women's Studies".

Oh... you are way too hard on them. Look at what you could look forward to if you major in that fertile field.

Language warning. NSFW

! No longer available

Offline RoosGirl

Oh... you are way too hard on them. Look at what you could look forward to if you major in that fertile field.

Language warning. NSFW

! No longer available

I really hope she's a lesbian.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Thanks for posting this. Everyone I know in real life is taking about it.

Ping

@Concerned
@Suppressed
@Hopalong Ginsberg
@To-Whose-Benefit?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️