Author Topic: Senate Budget Chair: What’s The Point Of My Committee?  (Read 461 times)

Offline endicom

Hot Air
Ed Morrissey
Apr. 17, 2018

Excerpt:

The chairman of the Senate Budget Committee is floating the idea of getting rid of the Budget panel altogether, according to Republican sources.

Senate Budget Committee Chairman Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.) has noted that mounting deficits are making it much tougher to pass a spending blueprint, the sources say. …

Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.), a member of the joint budget-reform panel and a member of the Senate Budget Committee, said Enzi is floating to colleagues the possibility of getting rid of the Budget panel entirely.

“Mike Enzi has said publicly that, given the size of the shortfall that’s built up over the last decade, that we may not be able to produce a budget ever again under the rules of the 1974 Budget Act,” Perdue said. …

“He also said that, given the lack of functionality of the Budget Committee, that we really don’t need a Budget Committee. We could do away with it. And I agree with that,” Perdue added, summarizing their conversation.

More... https://hotair.com/archives/2018/04/17/senate-budget-chair-whats-point-committee/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Senate Budget Chair: What’s The Point Of My Committee?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 01:42:54 am »
He's got a point.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 01:52:53 am »
Budget parameters have been hammered out largely by party leaders rather than in budget committees, making Enzi more or less a rubber stamp.

...Congress needs to start making tough decisions about deficit spending and debt, much of which comes from entitlement programs that are hurtling toward collapse. But it seems very, very doubtful that the same Congress that just passed a $300 billion increase in spending over the next two years has any desire to handcuff itself in any meaningful way.

This is the evidence to clearly indicate that the Republican Party in itself is more than worthless - but also complicit in passing the Democrat agenda themselves.  It made no difference whatsoever that they were given power in the House, Senate and the presidency.  We might as well have had Hillary crowned for the same results.

I think we are fast approaching the end game - where keeping up the facade of a Republic even in lip service is no longer going to be able to be possible as the entire system collapses under it's own weight and the people clamor for dictatorship or monarchy.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 01:59:07 am »
He's got a point.

An excellent point. Everything about spending bills needs to be rethought.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 04:26:13 am »
He's dead on right. We are about 10 years or less to putting ourselves in an interest rate corner.
The Republic is lost.