Author Topic: #China Is Buying #America’s Elites  (Read 454 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
#China Is Buying #America’s Elites
« on: April 17, 2018, 03:56:15 pm »
The book, in part, details China's efforts to win influence in the United States.

"They are basically trying to buy off American political elites by giving big deals to their family members, and it appears to be working," he said.

Schweizer said relatives of former Vice President Joe Biden, former Secretary of State John Kerry and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) all have benefited from lucrative business deals.

He offered the example of Biden's son, Hunter Biden, who traveled with his father on Air Force Two to Beijing in 2013. At the time, China's ambitions in the South Pacific Ocean, trade and other issues were complicating relations.

Ten days after the Bidens left, Schweizer said, Hunter Biden had a deal from the Chinese government to manage a $1.5 billion government-owned private equity firm.

Read more at: https://hedgeaccordingly.com/2018/03/china-is-buying-americas-elites.html?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost
The Republic is lost.

Offline the_doc

Re: #China Is Buying #America’s Elites
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 04:24:52 pm »
The book, in part, details China's efforts to win influence in the United States.

"They are basically trying to buy off American political elites by giving big deals to their family members, and it appears to be working," he said.

Schweizer said relatives of former Vice President Joe Biden, former Secretary of State John Kerry and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) all have benefited from lucrative business deals.

He offered the example of Biden's son, Hunter Biden, who traveled with his father on Air Force Two to Beijing in 2013. At the time, China's ambitions in the South Pacific Ocean, trade and other issues were complicating relations.

Ten days after the Bidens left, Schweizer said, Hunter Biden had a deal from the Chinese government to manage a $1.5 billion government-owned private equity firm.

Read more at: https://hedgeaccordingly.com/2018/03/china-is-buying-americas-elites.html?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

I don't believe this at all.  The Chicoms haven't even tried to approach me.  (Maybe this post will get their attention!)

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Re: #China Is Buying #America’s Elites
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 09:25:21 pm »

I'll say it again: I think we have too small a group of wealthy and "connected" people in the US.  It makes nepotism and influence-peddling far too easy.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.