Author Topic: Byron York: On James Comey and what the FBI thought about Michael Flynn  (Read 371 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Byron York: On James Comey and what the FBI thought about Michael Flynn
by Byron York
 | April 16, 2018 07:11 PM

In his ABC interview, fired FBI Director James Comey was asked about reports that he told Congress, in March 2017, that the FBI agents who interviewed Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn did not think Flynn had lied to them — even though Flynn, several months later, pleaded guilty to one count of lying to the FBI.

Did Comey tell lawmakers that? Here is the exchange between Comey and ABC's George Stephanopoulos:
STEPHANOPOULOS: There's been some reporting that — at —at — at one point you told the Congress that the agents who interviewed Mike Flynn didn't believe that he had lied.

COMEY: Yeah, I saw that. And that — I don't know where that's coming from. That — unless I'm — I — I — said something that people misunderstood, I don't remember even intending to say that. So my recollection is I never said that to anybody.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/byron-york-on-james-comey-and-what-the-fbi-thought-about-michael-flynn
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

And Flynn was charged for one errant statement? I now wouldn't want to say anything to an FBI agent without legal counsel present.

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

Comey has testified so many times to congress, he likely does not remember every comment he made and/or what he said was misinterpreted which is what he said must have happened. 

I will have his book this Friday. Consider me reading on Friday/Sat.
I am also reading, "The D.C. Murders - With An Exception".  This book was written by my close friend, Welles Fendrich, Jr., written in 2012.  He was born and grew up in Washington, D.C.  He is also a poet and wrote "Life's Path is a Poem", also written in 2012.  Welles is 93.  I read one of his poems each time I teach a Bible study group.  Welles started this group.  He is special.  His wife died over one year ago and we were there for him when this happened.  John, the Apostle, said, "Little children, love one another."  If all did this, there would be no war on this planet.  There would be no need for Comey's book.  People on this forum would be kind to one another.  "Little children, love one another."