Author Topic: The Left Continues to Wonder Why NeverTrumpers Won’t Join Their Side. Seriously.  (Read 2368 times)

Offline corbe

The Left Continues to Wonder Why NeverTrumpers Won’t Join Their Side. Seriously.

Posted at 5:45 pm on April 16, 2018 by Kimberly Ross

It’s been nearly eighteen months since the presidential election, and many are still left wondering what happened.

Despite often wishing that the reality before us looked quite different, Donald J. Trump is our president. He is the leader of a nation made up of staunch supporters, hostile opponents, and those resting upon some awkward middle ground who actively reject much of what comes from either side.

During campaign season, the #NeverTrump crowd became a powerful voice of pushback against the Republican candidate. While it’s true that all individuals within that camp weren’t current or former Republicans, many were. Because of that, the term is generally defined as those on the Right who took a very personal and principled stance against the party nominee and eventual president.

<..snip..>

https://www.redstate.com/kimberly_ross/2018/04/16/left-wonder-nevertrumpers-join-side/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

In before the Trumpers say we are a bunch of leftist, commie, pinko's.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Just you corbe
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I have always supported the NeverTrump movement. Hell, I was NeverTrump before the word even existed. Trump and all his lackeys and his incestuous brood can all kiss my butt.

All I have to hang on to, is just in knowing that the nightmare will end eventually. One day, some day, if I keep up the faith, Trump will be gone for good. Then we can get normal people back in charge, like Biden, or Schumer, or Obama, and Pelosi. And on that day I will breath easy, knowing that all is right with the world.

But that doesn't mean that I support Democrats. That's not what I mean at all. I am a Republican tried and true. It's just that I prefer Democrats to be in charge. Not that I support Democrats...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline corbe

I probably deserve that @driftdriver

Offline musiclady

Duhhhhh..............  I oppose Trump because he is a liberal.

Why, in heaven's name would I become a liberal because I don't like liberals?

Leftists are very stupid people. **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

Of course you are in before you get mocked. You posted the damn article. Now do you see why you get mocked?

Offline Victoria33

I prefer another Republican to be president.  I think that will happen sooner than 2020, but certainly a different Republican running in 2020.  The left has nothing to do with this.

Offline goatprairie

Whether conservatives like Trump or hate him, liberals have absolutely no understanding of conservatism. From reading more than a few liberal/leftist  scribblers, they really believe the only reason conservatives didn't vote for Obama because they were  all mostly, filthy racists who wouldn't vote for a black man. As if liberals and leftists would vote for a black conservative.
They proffer the idea that middle/working class whites are "voting against their (mostly economic) interests" by voting Republican. That kind of blinkered thinking reveals the total failure of the left to understand why people vote for Republicans.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
From the article:

Being anti-Trump, in any capacity or for any length of time, has never for one moment meant running into the arms of the ideological enemy. Progressives and social conservatives don’t see eye-to-eye, and a common dislike of Trump isn’t enough to establish a bond. Thankfully, Trump is a temporary feature of the Republican party. After he is out of the political spotlight, the party itself must scrub the residue left over from his tenure.

This won’t be an easy task and is sure to cause even more growing pains, but it must be done.

Scrub? It may take a de-lousing.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Being anti-Trump, in any capacity or for any length of time, has never for one moment meant running into the arms of the ideological enemy.

It just means greasing the skids for your ideological enemy's political victories. 

Another NeverTrump doeth protest too much.   :smokin:

Duhhhhh..............  I oppose Trump because he is a liberal.  Why, in heaven's name would I become a liberal because I don't like liberals?

Leftists are very stupid people. **nononono* 

I wonder what one calls "principled conservatives" who help liberals win policy fights and elections?

I wonder who they think is feeding the so called "blue wave"?   :pondering:

Offline jpsb

I wonder what one calls "principled conservatives" who help liberals win policy fights and elections?

LOL, protecting the snowflakes I see. Ok l I am off to work. Later all
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 02:34:12 pm by jpsb »

Offline Concerned

I wonder who they think is feeding the so called "blue wave"?   :pondering:

I think the blue wave we've seen to date and the one I think we'll see in November, is fed by Democrats who are highly motivated to get out and vote for Democratic candidates (much as Republicans were highly motivated in 2010). One only has to look at voter turnout in races such as the Alabama Senate election, the Pennsylvania 18th, and Virginia Governor's race to see the energy and motivation from "The Resistance" (as reflected in turnout). Mid-term elections often depend on voter turnout, and I expect the energy, excitement, and motivation from "The Resistance" is likely to far exceed that from Republicans (of all types). JMO.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
It just means greasing the skids for your ideological enemy's political victories.

Trump is the grease and I still say it's by design.

I think the blue wave we've seen to date and the one I think we'll see in November, is fed by Democrats who are highly motivated to get out and vote for Democratic candidates (much as Republicans were highly motivated in 2010). ....

The blue wave is being fed equally by the resistance on the left and the right.  The NTs on the right are, in essence, giving their blessing for the defeat of President Trump's agenda and a black eye to the man himself.

The more vocal the right leaning NTs, the more credibility and energy they are lending to the democrat turnout.

The only dam against this growing wave is unity in the Republican party ... vocal and aggressive unity.

Trump is the grease and I still say it's by design.

And I still say this is poppycock.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

I prefer another Republican to be president.  I think that will happen sooner than 2020, but certainly a different Republican running in 2020.  The left has nothing to do with this.

Just a reminder @Victoria33 .... there were not enough Republicans to stop Donald Trump in 2016, either in the primaries or the general election,  and there will not be enough to elect his replacement.

So be careful what you wish for.

Offline Concerned

The blue wave is being fed equally by the resistance on the left and the right.  The NTs on the right are, in essence, giving their blessing for the defeat of President Trump's agenda and a black eye to the man himself.

The more vocal the right leaning NTs, the more credibility and energy they are lending to the democrat turnout.

The only dam against this growing wave is unity in the Republican party ... vocal and aggressive unity.

I've seen no evidence to suggest that the NTs on the right are having anywhere near the impact on the blue wave that voter turnout from the left has.  I'm a fiscal conservative. I'm always going to criticize deficit spending by whomever is doing it.  I praise the President when he does things I support and criticize him when he does things I don't. (This is what I think everyone should try objectively to do). I doubt that if I (and others like me) suddenly became Trump sycophants that it would significantly reduce "The Resistance".

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline endicom

Well, you reveal that you see yourself not as an individual but as one of the herd, the collective.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
From the article:

Being anti-Trump, in any capacity or for any length of time, has never for one moment meant running into the arms of the ideological enemy. Progressives and social conservatives don’t see eye-to-eye, and a common dislike of Trump isn’t enough to establish a bond. Thankfully, Trump is a temporary feature of the Republican party. After he is out of the political spotlight, the party itself must scrub the residue left over from his tenure.

This won’t be an easy task and is sure to cause even more growing pains, but it must be done.

Scrub? It may take a de-lousing.

Some of my best friends are "louses".  I like having friends in low places.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."