Author Topic: limmigrants’ to blame for city’s middle-class problem  (Read 328 times)

rangerrebew

l immigrants’ to blame for city’s middle-class problem

Naomi Martin, Reporter

J.J. Koch, who has a high chance of becoming the next sole Republican on the Dallas County Commissioners Court, says blame for the county's declining middle class falls in large part on one group: unauthorized immigrants.

They make up roughly 7 percent of the county, according to the Pew Research Center, but Koch believes they have put an outsize burden on public schools, social services and the economy.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dallas/2018/04/13/dallas-politician-says-illegal-immigrants-blame-citys-middle-class-problems

Offline jpsb

Re: limmigrants’ to blame for city’s middle-class problem
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 02:39:07 pm »
A republican in Dallas? Who knew and he is exactly right.

Online berdie

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 04:00:02 pm »
Although I wish Mr. Koch luck...I fear he is fighting an uphill battle in Dallas. I haven't lived there in 35 years  but still work there. The changes in the city are tragic. And I fear irreversible.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 04:01:45 pm »
Although I wish Mr. Koch luck...I fear he is fighting an uphill battle in Dallas. I haven't lived there in 35 years  but still work there. The changes in the city are tragic. And I fear irreversible.

Berdie, I wish you were wrong, but you're probably not.