Author Topic: 207 million eggs in nine states recalled over salmonella fears  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

207 million eggs in nine states recalled over salmonella fears
MSN News, Apr 15, 2018, CNN

A farm in Indiana is recalling more than 200 million eggs sold in nine states over salmonella fears.

Rose Acre Farms voluntarily recalled 206,749,248 eggs due to potential contamination with Salmonella Braenderup, the Food and Drug Administration said in a statement.

At least 22 illnesses have been reported so far, the FDA said Friday.

The eggs were sold through retail stores and restaurants. They reached consumers in Colorado, Florida, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia.

"Consumers with these eggs shouldn't eat them," FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb said. "Throw them away or return them to place of purchase for credit or refund."

Brand names included Country Daybreak, Boburn Farms, Crystal Farms, Sunshine Farms and Glenview, with some eggs sold at Walmart and Food Lion stores.

Salmonella Braenderup is an organism that causes serious and sometimes fatal infections, especially in young children, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems.   Symptoms include fever, nausea, diarrhea and abdominal pain.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/207-million-eggs-in-nine-states-recalled-over-salmonella-fears/ar-AAvT89s?ocid=spartanntp

Offline endicom

Re: 207 million eggs in nine states recalled over salmonella fears
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 04:28:50 pm »
"They were sold under the brand names Country Daybreak; Crystal Farms; Coburn Farms; Sunshine Farms; Glenview; Great Value; as well as at Walmart and Food Lion stores"

"The recall involves eggs with the plant number P-105, with the Julian date range of 011 through 012 printed on either side of the carton or package."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2018/04/14/200-million-eggs-recalled-over-salmonella-fears/518245002/

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 06:15:34 pm »
Not only are they recalling eggs, but now Romaine lettuce (again) and raw ground beef!!  What the heck is going on?  I'm glad I have some stored food and water on hand.

http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2018/04/recalled-salads-might-contain-romaine-lettuce-tainted-with-e-coli-o157h7/

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/04/02/raw-beef-recall-more-than-7000-lbs-uninspected-meat-for-tacos-fajitas-recalled-from-8-states.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 06:27:08 pm »
OH NO!!! What ever am I gonna do???

Oh, yeah... nothing. Cuz all my eggs fell out of a chicken's butt right out there by the barn.
Funny ain't it, how these folks are the ones cussing farm fresh eggs and raw milk as dangerous... 

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 06:35:40 pm »

Oh, yeah... nothing. Cuz all my eggs fell out of a chicken's butt right out there by the barn.
Funny ain't it, how these folks are the ones cussing farm fresh eggs and raw milk as dangerous...

I think city chickens are our project for next year. I’d love to find a raw milk source, too.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 06:52:36 pm »
I think city chickens are our project for next year. I’d love to find a raw milk source, too.

That can't be wrong... more power to ya.  :beer:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 07:02:07 pm »

www.realmilk.com

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 07:18:09 pm »
"I'll eat 'em"

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 09:03:36 pm »

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:07:05 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 09:51:43 pm »

You are extremely fortunate.  Good for you.  We are in the process of downsizing, but I'm hoping after the move we can set up a few garden boxes. As for chickens, we would have to literally fight city hall and get special permitting ... definitely not allowed where I'm at.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 09:54:07 pm »
I'm forwarding this to family. But I am grateful, I eat egg beaters.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 10:02:54 pm »
www.realmilk.com

Well I’ll be! There’s a farm in the town next door!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 10:07:12 pm »
You are extremely fortunate.  Good for you.  We are in the process of downsizing, but I'm hoping after the move we can set up a few garden boxes. As for chickens, we would have to literally fight city hall and get special permitting ... definitely not allowed where I'm at.

Yes I am extremely fortunate, and I was nearly dead before I went back to a more native way. Very little of what I eat comes from the grocery store anymore, and I treat store-bought anything as poison.

But I eat dang good. and I would recommend it to everyone. Screw the covenants. Get out in the country and grow your own. You'll never look back.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 11:29:34 pm »
We are allowed 7 chickens per city lot.  My house had a chicken coop when the property was annexed into the city and I have 3 lots.  I am looking to increase chickens this year.  One of mine is 8 years old and very much a pet and two of the others are not laying.  I am fortunate to have raw milk available just 5 miles away.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 12:36:18 am »
People are so stupid it is a miracle they can  reproduce.  Where can I get 4 or 5 dozen of those "tainted" eggs that are killing people right an left.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 01:03:28 am »
People are so stupid it is a miracle they can  reproduce.  Where can I get 4 or 5 dozen of those "tainted" eggs that are killing people right an left.

People aren't stupid (well they are, but anyway) they're gross.  I ran across an article several years ago now about women getting UTIs from raw/undercooked chicken.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 01:11:30 am »

“Taint” isn’t what you think it is, in this case.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 06:02:33 pm »
"I'll eat 'em"

@dfwgator

Hey, Babalugats. We got a bet here.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."