Author Topic: I Ran U.S. Border Patrol—And I Support Trump's Call to Deploy the National Guard  (Read 309 times)

rangerrebew

I Ran U.S. Border Patrol—And I Support Trump's Call to Deploy the National Guard

Critics have assailed the president’s decision to send troops to the border. But they can provide additional assistance and resources to agents in times of need.

David Aguilar Apr 13, 2018 Politics

Like The Atlantic's family coverage? Subscribe to The Family Weekly, our free newsletter delivered to your inbox every Saturday morning.

In 2006, as the national chief of the Border Patrol, I welcomed the assignment of roughly 6,000 National Guardsmen to serve as a force multiplier to the then-9,000 Border Patrol agents on duty along the U.S.-Mexico border. It was the right call to make at the time. The influx of drugs, illegal immigration, and criminal organizations was overwhelming the agency, and cartel violence was at its peak on the south side of the border with Mexico.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/04/border-patrol-trump-national-guard/557612/
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 11:25:33 am by rangerrebew »